The Andean Alliance for Sustainable Development Header Image The Andean Alliance for Sustainable Development Header Image

School Garden Program Study Abroad Internship in Cusco Peru

Unforgettable

My time with the AASD was invaluable. The internship was perfectly tailored to students like me, who have an interest in gaining both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of sustainable development. The organization is a perfect example of responsible, deep, and effective development. The team was welcoming and amicable; working together was fantastic.
As part of the internship, we were given the opportunity to complete a personal project. I created and facilitated a native plant project that was carried out by the students of a local community school. Overall, I felt that this project was very valuable both to me personally and to the AASD and the other projects we have been working on. Based on the enthusiastic and well thought out projects, I also feel that the students found the project interesting and valuable as well. Knowing about local plants is an important part of what the AASD does.
Living with the host family was one of the best parts of this experience. Not having any formal Spanish education, being forced to speak Spanish to the family was a fantastic way to learn. The host family was incredibly welcoming and accommodating. Dinnertime with the family was always one of the best parts of the day!