The American University of Paris Header Image The American University of Paris Header Image

Your Dream Summer at The American University of Paris

Falling in Love with a City

Deciding to spend last summer in Paris at AUP was the best decision of my collegiate career. From the Comforts of Home to the full Parisian immersion, the whole experience was everything that I wanted it to be and more. The academics were stimulating, the cultural excursions were all-encompassing, and I made some of the best friends I’ve ever had! The entire faculty made me feel so welcome in a new place, and inspired me to take advantage of every opportunity with which I was presented. The program was educational both academically and culturally- I would go back in a heartbeat. I would highly recommend spending a summer at AUP to anyone who who asked!

Best Summer Ever!

I went to AUP for the three-week French Immersion program back in 2014 and it has been the BEST summer ever! I loved everything about it: the friends I made, the teachers I had, the location of my dorm and the university, and the city!!!! The best experience ever!

No Limit on Age for studying Art History at AUP

If there are any "troisieme age" students out there who are thinking of attending AUP to study Art History, I can only say "do it." I enjoyed every minute of the instruction...we had interesting in depth lectures, in the museums on many aspects of Art History. Our instructor was very passionate about the subject, and her passion was contagious.

A friend and I rented an Air BNB in an interesting Parisian neighborhood which of course added to the enjoyment of the experience. We had plenty of time to pursue our own interests, along with the interesting class sessions.

Paris On My Own

I had been to Paris before for a few days with a group, and I really love French History, so I thought this would be a great program to try. I absolutely loved the class that I took, taking in all the sites, and having the time to choose where I wanted to visit. But the issue I had was being alone. I had booked a single, which ended up being very isolating. The singles were in a separate area of the city, and apartments were spread out around the city, not being consistent. Also, because it was during the summer, there were not many opportunities to be "on campus," especially since my class wasn't even on campus, it was all over the city. You had the opportunity to sign up for excursions where you would be with other people, but those were only for specific interests, and cost extra. I think overall, more information would have been helpful to know what I was getting into. Hence this review, where hopefully you will feel more prepared before coming.

The International Volunteer Programs Association