Temple University Header Image Temple University Header Image

Temple University, Japan Campus: Semester/Year Program

Spring '15 In Japan

My study abroad experience at TUJ was incredible. The program was very organized with lots of fun trips throughout the semester. They are very accommodating in picking classes and getting an internship to help immerse yourself in the culture even more. The campus is conveniently located in Tokyo with countless places to see only a short train ride away. They also help you get adjusted to a new culture and a huge city. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Academic Year Fall 14'/ Spring 15'

I am a Temple Main Campus student that studied abroad at TUJ for an academic year, from Fall of 2014 to Spring 2015. The TUJ program provides such a life changing and immersive experience. The staff offers great support to all incoming students and are more than willing to help them throughout the program. My time abroad was such an amazing experience. I was able to learn so much about the Japanese culture and myself. Once abroad though you are given numerous outlets for help, it is truly an experience to learn about yourself and becoming independent. TUJ is a great school to be at while in Japan. It is on the smaller scale so you have more one-on-one time with professors, staff and students. Because it is smaller you also form friendships easily and quickly with native Japanese students or others studying abroad. The school is located a train ride and even walking distance from major shopping and eating districts. Tokyo is full of spectacular places to shop and eat and just sight see. You always find things to do and discover sights just by walking around. TUJ also offers numerous activities throughout the year. Activities that I participated in involved a traditional tea ceremony, skiing in Nagano, visiting historic castles, an overnight trip on a nearby island and an overnight visit in a mountain side onsen. During my time there I also had the chance to visit Okinawa and South Korea with friends, and participated in an Internship. Overall TUJ is a great program that offers great opportunities to students and unforgettable experiences.

TUJ Review:

The program offered plenty of opportunities to get involved and immersed in Japanese culture. Everyday was an adventure and thanks to a helpful administrative staff, the experience was stress free and manageable. TUJ offered everything that I required for my studies, while also giving me the most challenging and rewarding courses of my academic career. The dorms were cozy, the students welcoming, and campus was small, but intimate. During my time at TUJ, I was able to get out of my comfort zone and experience the many things that make Tokyo so unique.