2017 West Irving Park Road 1906 West Irving Park Road 1910 West Irving Park Road Chicago, IL 60613 United States
Swaziland: Kruger, Lobamba, Malkerns and 3 other cities
Length of Position
6 to 12 months; 4 Week Course
Please visit our website for details
Armed with your TEFL/TESOL Certification, you can work abroad as a teacher and have the experiences of a lifetime while you work to change the lives of locals. As an English teacher in Swaziland, you will fulfill your travel dreams and make the transition from tourist to resident! Live and work in Swaziland for 6 to 12 months with help from the TEFL Institute!
You'll have the opportunity to experience a land, its people, and culture firsthand; see the sights and sample the local cuisine; and make friends you'll have for a lifetime. Whether it's Asia, Latin America, Europe, or somewhere in between - TEFL Institute can be the gateway to making your travel dreams a reality.
Where can I teach with my TEFL Institute Certification?
Want to know where you can work when you have your TEFL certification through TEFL Institute? Here's a partial list of countries:
Asia: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.
Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, etc.
Europe: Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Turkey, etc.
Summer Programs: Chile, China, Spain
Our 120-hour TEFL TESOL course provides the world standard in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification, 100 hours of curriculum combined with an additional 20 hours of in-person experience. Once you've completed your certification with us, we'll help you with LIFETIME job placement assistance.
TEFL Institute TEFL Certification Classes
1) The TEFL Professional 120-Hour Online Course: Part Time Over 2 Months
If you need a flexible certification program, one you can fit around your current work or study schedule, our college-level Online Professional course provides an interactive virtual classroom where you'll be able to complete assignments and quizzes at your own pace within the overall course structure, even in your pajamas at home! This 120-hour TEFL TESOL online course is guided by a university professor, and gives you 100 hours of online training combined with 20 hours of in-person observation and tutoring experience in an ESL classroom in your own town. Your TEFL Institute certification will be recognized for teaching jobs around the world! If you'd like to try a test run and see what our online platform is really like, contact us at the email link at the bottom of this page, and we'll provide you with temporary access information.
2) International TEFL- 4-week 120-Hour Courses
If you'd prefer to learn in a live classroom setting, we also offer the opportunity to live in over 20 exciting destinations while completing your 4-week in-person. These comprehensive programs prepare you to teach abroad in over 80 countries worldwide!
Like these countries? Pick one to live in while you're getting your TEFL Institute certification:
* China * Cambodia * Costa Rica * Ghana * Greece (Corinth and Crete) * Hungary * India * Italy * Kenya * Mexico * Nepal
* Peru * Portugal * Russia * Spain * Tanzania * Thailand (Bangkok and Pattaya) * Turkey * United States (Chicago and New York) * Vietnam
Know before you go:
* When you're teaching English overseas, it's in a 100% English immersion environment, so you can work anywhere because you don't need to know the local language first.
* You can teach in some countries without a college degree, as long as you've got your TEFL Institute certification and are a native/fluent English speaker.
* Once you're certified, you can find a job and start teaching right away, or you can choose to get your certification now and decide later where you'd like to teach.
* TEFL Institute-certified teachers can expect to make competitive wages and a reasonable standard of living in their host country, sometimes even more!
Need to know more? Have questions about options? Our seasoned advisors - people who have lived and taught overseas themselves - are happy to talk with you. We'll help put your mind at ease because we'll give you the inside scoop on what it's really like to teach abroad, and what you'll need to know to make it happen.
Please send us an email by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page to learn more about TEFL Institute course and certification options that can be tailored to your lifestyle and financial needs. Let us know you found us on GoAbroad!
For every TEFL Institute graduate:
You'll get LIFETIME job placement assistance with experienced advisors who've traveled, lived, and taught overseas; pre-departure support and guidance, so you can be confident you're prepared; competitive salaries at our network of schools across the globe; 6- or 12-month contracts, depending on the country; and details on specifics like housing, airfare, in-country school orientations, and social activities, which vary by country and by job. We've also got SUMMER-ONLY job placements in Spain, China, and Chile!
What can I expect to earn once I have my TEFL Institute Certification?
* TEFL Institute-certified teachers can earn competitive salaries at a variety of language schools in over 80 countries around the world. You will be paid in the local currency and to the local standard of living. Teachers earn enough in Europe and Latin America to break even, Asia teaching can earn money to save.
* In addition, in some Asian countries you'll earn enough to save 30-50% of your income, which can be USD 3,000 to USD 15,000 annually; housing and flights are sometimes included and can provide additional savings.
* No matter where you go, you'll have the opportunity to earn extra money through doing private tutoring; sometimes it can be double your regular hourly wages!
* You'll also receive lifetime job placement assistance and guidance with your TEFL Institute certification, so you can use it to travel and teach around the world if you like.
We are pleased to offer financial aid scholarships for students enrolling our TEFL Certification courses. We will offer USD 30,000 in scholarships over the next 12 months. Scholarships range from USD 150 to USD 500. The scholarships will be applied to the Course Fee and students may enroll in TEFL training with a scholarship. To apply, please contact us.
TEFL Institute is recommended by the U.S. State Department's Fulbright Program, and prestigious American universities such as Northwestern University and the University of Chicago. Our certification and training courses are also offered for academic credit through Roosevelt University, a 4-year university located in Chicago, USA.
TEFL Institute Online Professional course advantages:
* Flexible: Finish at your own pace, over a two-month period. Ideal for people that work or study full time.
* Qualified: This is a college-level course, taught by university professors the gold standard in TEFL certification! Get an internationally recognized and accredited 100-hour lifetime certification, combined with 20 hours of volunteer observation and tutoring in an ESL classroom in YOUR hometown. You'll be prepared to teach around the world!
* Interactive and Hands-On: Daily interaction with your professor and classmates via email and discussion boards makes the coursework come alive. You'll learn via written assignments, essays, and quizzes, at your own pace within the overall class structure and time frames. You'll also gain useful teaching experience and feedback through peer review of assignments during the course.
* User-friendly: Hosted on the most popular online university course platform, Blackboard. It's simple to use, interactive, and a great learning tool.
* Supportive: Ongoing TEFL Institute support, materials, and advice throughout your certification, your initial job search, and for your lifetime.
* Affordable: Reasonable fees designed to make teaching abroad within your reach!
TEFL Institute International course advantages:
* In-person: Get hands-on experience in a compressed timeframe, in a classroom setting, and with professional instructors. Options available in over 20 countries, listed above.
* Live overseas now: Enjoy the travel experience while you're getting certified - make new friends and enjoy the sights and cuisine. Getting acclimated while you're getting certified gives you a leg up when you begin your teaching job.
* Supportive: Small class size, student community, peer review and coaching, professor guidance. Ongoing TEFL Institute support, materials, and advice throughout your program and job search.
* Professional: Internationally recognized and accredited 100-hour certification, combined with 20 hours of student teaching and observation in a local ESL classroom. You'll be building your skills and enhancing your career opportunities.
* Affordable: Reasonable fees and a variety of opportunities are designed to offer you a custom experience!
Are you ready to start your global teaching career?
Get in touch with us by sending us an email via the link at the bottom of the page. Begin the adventure of your life now, with TEFL Institute!
Who takes a TEFL certification and teaches around the world?
- Age: 18-80 have completed our TEFL certification
- Educational background: Approximately 50% of our students have not yet completed a 4-year degree, 45% have a 4-year degree and 5% have an advance degree.
- Gender: 50/50 ratio male to female take our training
- Overseas experience: 50% of our students have not yet traveled abroad; this will be their first time.
- Previous Teaching experience: only 5% of our TEFL students have previous teaching experience or class work in education. Current teachers realize their lack of training in the foreign language field and register for our training as a way to teach in a new field.
What are the most important qualifications to teach English and move abroad?
Patience, commitment and enthusiasm, adventurous, open minded, flexible, adaptable and have a desire to see the world! Remember, you've been a student before, grumbling about your teachers, wishing they would just make their discussions clear. You know what you wanted in a teacher. Now, here is your chance to fulfill those dreams. If you have the desire to teach abroad then your next step is to obtain your professional TEFL certification.
1,350 to 2,095
- TEFL class
- Job placement assistance
- Assistance with housing and arrival
Varies, please visit our website for details
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi and South African Participants.
To provide our students with the highest quality TEFL instruction and internationally-recognized certification, comprehensive course instruction, excellent service before, during and after their coursework, and provide accurate and truthful information about working, living and teaching overseas.