TEFL Iberia Header Image TEFL Iberia Header Image

Teach English in Barcelona with TEFL Iberia

A great course!

I really enjoyed my TEFL Iberia course and would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about becoming an English teacher. The tutors were helpful, knowledgeable and provided great support throughout. It was a great experience and definitely gave me the confidence I needed to become a teacher.

An Awesome Experience

TEFL Iberia is an excellent program located in the heart of Barcelona, full of incredibly helpful and professional staff. My personal experience with the program was all positive and I highly recommend the course to anyone who would like to use their ability to speak and teach English as a means to travel, anyone would like change of pace in their work or professional lives, and anyone looking for a reason to live (and work) in the beautiful city of Barcelona.
I am originally from the U.S. and had little to no experience teaching in the past, I grew up speaking English and never imagined teaching it could be an option for me, but after taking the month course through TEFL Iberia, I felt more than prepared to help others improve their English skills. From the day I first contacted Richard, the head of TEFL Iberia, I felt as though I could ask any question or for any help and Richard and the staff of TEFL Iberia would not hesitate to do all they can to help. Whether it was finding a place to stay, getting my student visa, or just general life advice the TEFL staff was there to help.
The course itself is very informative, covering all aspects of grammar, teaching practice, and anything else you could need to become an accomplished English teacher. Joanna the main tutor for my course, was very informative and willing to help and give expert advice when it came time to plan our own lessons. This is another helpful aspect of the course, you get plenty of practice teaching Spanish speaking adults each week, while intimidating at first this practice is crucial. The month course, while challenging, flew by, and as the course progressed my teaching skills and confidence grew unit l felt more than ready to begin building my teaching time table.
Wherever you may be in life if you are looking for a change, a new challenge, or want a great reason to live in foreign countries, I highly recommend taking your ability to speak English to TEFL Iberia where they can help transform this ability into a new career.

• Academic Support

A fantastic course and career choice.

I moved to Barcelona in April 2013 and started the TEFL Iberia 4-week course almost immediately. Taking this course was one of the best decisions of my life. Throughout the course, you learn so much and get so much teaching-time that you start feeling like a real TEFL teacher before the end. It was also a great way to get to know a new city as the tutors were very helpful and friendly with everything. Since completing the course, I've gone on to teach English and found a job very quickly due to assistance from the tutors.

• Academic Support

The best decision I ever made

I was really apprehensive about my move to Barcelona as I'd never been to Europe but Richard and everyone else at TEFL Iberia made the transition really easy - I moved right into an apartment with other students, the school was close by and everything went really smoothly. The course itself was very intense but everybody bonded over the experience and I feel like I've been pushed and have achieved more than I thought I could. We learned the theory in the morning then put it into practice in the afternoon. We got to teach real students every day and I learned so much in the process. I've been working in Barcelona since last September and I plan to stay here at least a year. I can't recommend TEFL Iberia and Barcelona enough!