Tecnologico de Monterreyhttp://studyinmexico.mty.itesm.mx/summer/i...
Ave. E. Garza Sada Sur #2501 Col. Tecnologico Monterrey, NL 64849 Mexico
Typical Duration of Program
During July (for 4 weeks) you'll have the opportunity to learn Spanish and choose between do a Volunteer Social Project or take a Mexican Culture course.
The program combines course lectures of "Society development and citizenship in Mexico" and Spanish as a Foreign Language, special conferences and site visits to cultural and recreational areas in Merida and Yucatan Peninsula. The courses are given by Tecnologico de Monterrey faculty Members.
Class size averages 30 students. Teamwork, small group projects and student participation are all highly encouraged by our professors. During these 4 weeks you will have the opportunity to study two of the three following courses:
* Spanish - basic and intermediate levels, transfer 3 credits to your home university.
* Mexican Culture - course taught in English, transfer 3 credits to your home university.
* Social Development Project - Volunteer! Course taught in English, transfer 3 credits to your home university.
- 48 hours of class and conferences
- 60 hours of guaranteed community experience
Project 1: to work with school children on the art encounter, culture appreciation and development of artistic ideas.
Desire profile: Humanities, Liberal, Performing Arts, Social Sciences.
Project 2: to work with youth and children summer camp related to re-creative games, values and environmental issues.
Profile: open to all majors: science, humanities and engineers.
Project 3: to analyze and implement logistics process, packing and distribution of meals to different rural areas.
Profile: Business and Engineering majors.
The Application Deadline is in May 21, 2012.
The admission requirements are very simple:
* Letter of Recommendation
* Official Transcripts
* Online Admission Form
* Letter of Motivation
* Program Fee payment
* Tuition (6 credits)
* Housing for the whole mandatory program in specified hotel
* Transportation airport-hotel at arrival and hotel-airport at departure
* Transportation related with volunteer project and field trips and excursions to the specified sites
* Health Insurance with coverage during program dates.
in Groups of 5
If you home university has a bilateral exchange agreement with Tencologico de Monterrey, then the Program Fee is 1,690 USD.
Tecnologico de Monterrey is a non-profit institution committed to the community and national social development. We aim to form persons with integrity, ethical standards and a humanistic outlook, who are internally competitive in their professional fields. In a way, we are developing individuals to be good citizens committed to the economic, political, social and cultural development of their community and to the sustainable use of natural resources.