Merida Summer Program
During July (for 4 weeks) you'll have the opportunity to learn Spanish and choose between do a Volunteer Social Project or take a Mexican Culture course.
The program combines course lectures of "Society development and citizenship in Mexico" and Spanish as a Foreign Language, special conferences and site visits to cultural and recreational areas in Merida and Yucatan Peninsula. The courses are given by Tecnologico de Monterrey faculty Members.
Class size averages 30 students. Teamwork, small group projects and student participation are all highly encouraged by our professors. During these 4 weeks you will have the opportunity to study two of the three following courses:
* Spanish - basic and intermediate levels, transfer 3 credits to your home university.
* Mexican Culture - course taught in English, transfer 3 credits to your home university.
* Social Development Project - Volunteer! Course taught in English, transfer 3 credits to your home university.
- 48 hours of class and conferences
- 60 hours of guaranteed community experience
Project 1: to work with school children on the art encounter, culture appreciation and development of artistic ideas.
Desire profile: Humanities, Liberal, Performing Arts, Social Sciences.
Project 2: to work with youth and children summer camp related to re-creative games, values and environmental issues.
Profile: open to all majors: science, humanities and engineers.
Project 3: to analyze and implement logistics process, packing and distribution of meals to different rural areas.
Profile: Business and Engineering majors.
The Application Deadline is in May 21, 2012.