TeachingChile Header Image TeachingChile Header Image

Teach in Chile: Co-Teach English to Children (K-12)

• Teacher Support

The experience has been fantastic

This is one of the best life choices I've made so far. Sometimes I stop and it hits me, "WOW, I'm living in a foreign country and teaching!" The experience has been fantastic--I LOVE my school and my students, and it's amazing to have this whole life here, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. TeachingChile, and Bruce especially, are wonderful and caring and were absolutely instrumental in finding my way here; it's so much easier to go through an organized and trustworthy program than to try to find something on your own. If you're on the fence, do it--you won't regret it!

• Teacher Support

TeachingChile is a great way to go

For a first-time expat, TeachingChile gave me everything I needed for peace of mind. I felt like Bruce and Andrea were very approachable and extremely helpful. It made my life easier just knowing that I had a support system if I ever needed anything. If you are a little nervous about moving to a new country, then TeachingChile is a great way to go!

• The School/Placement

TeachingChile gave me the best experience of my life so far

Kudos and thanks to TeachingChile for the best experience I have had in my life so far. The country is inexplicably beautiful, full of character and charm. It was so welcoming. I got exposed to its vibrant history and intricate culture, frightening earthquakes, crazy nights, and tedious days. I met people with tough spirits. Chile really is a distinct place and I recommend it to anyone. Thanks Andrea and Bruce for this experience!

• The School/Placement

Allowed me to achieve my love of traveling and teaching

TeachingChile enabled me to accomplish my aspirations of traveling as well as pursue my love for teaching. It was great to have continuous support in a foreign country and having gained lifelong friends though the entire program. I commend this program to anyone who would like to make a difference and explore a stunning country. The pay we got was good enough for the basic necessities like housing, travel, and food. But I suggest saving money ahead of time if you have plans to travel far from your placement. I was satisfied and happy that I now have a friend who will be joining me next semester.

Simple and Worry-free

TeachingChile made me understand and fully aware of my dream to work and live outside the US. Everything I needed, such as housing, job placement, documentation, etc., had already been set before I left home. I gained valuable teaching experience at this primary school, while earning a salary that was good enough to provide for my stay there. The experience made me enjoy Chile, its surroundings, and life. Andrea and Bruce were great hosts. They were very responsive. TeachingChile made everything simple and worry-free.

• Teacher Support

I would highly recommend the TeachingChile program

I came across the TeachingChile program while looking for teaching jobs abroad that were in Spanish-speaking countries.

As I would be with any similar program I found on the internet, I was unsure what to expect, but, I quickly found Bruce and Andrea to be extremely helpful and reassuring.

They obviously have been doing this long enough to know how to handle all the details of teaching in a foreign country. I can’t express how great they were to have as support system while I was living in Chile.

As someone working towards becoming a teacher, the TeachingChile program was perfect. First, I was able to get experience teaching under a variety of settings. This helped to put much of what I had learned to practice in a real classroom. Sometimes I taught lessons to a whole class and other times, I worked with smaller groups of students.

The experience I gained has given me confidence as a teacher. Second, I improved my Spanish immensely. I know it seems like an obvious conclusion, but it was still amazing to notice how much it improved. My teaching experience in Chile has definitely been a beneficial addition to my resume. I would highly recommend the TeachingChile program to anyone who was thinking about teaching abroad.

Quite an experience

I've just finished my tenure teaching in Aysén in the south of Chile, one of the more remote and beautiful regions of the world.

TeachingChile arranged this placement for me, to work with local businesses that need English instruction.

Aysén is really off the beaten track, and I would never have seen this part of the country otherwise, with its huge mountains, forests and glaciers were it not for this teaching opportunity.

Living and working in Patagonia has been quite an experience; the students are friendly and really want to learn, and (although the weather left a great deal to be desired), it has been memorable.

• The Employer

• Professional Development

Helped me in making the best decision of my life!

Like a lot of people my age, I felt a little lost after graduating from college. Uncertain about my career direction, but knowing I had a love for traveling and a craving for new, exciting experiences, I decided to do a little internet research about working abroad.

I stumbled upon the Teaching Chile website (but was originally worried I hit an internet scam!)

After a quick phone call to Bruce I was quickly reassured that TeachingChile was anything but a safe support system that helped me fund my love of traveling through steady work. Upon arrival into Chile I soon met some life-long friends from around the world—many of whom were in the same boat as I was. Living in Chile for the year got me out of my post college rut and gave me a new passion and direction in life.

The best part is that the year of practical job experience in an exotic, foreign setting has provided the extra ‘wow’ factor on my grad school application. After returning to the USA, now I am on my way to complete a public policy Masters Degree in International Relations. Thank you, Bruce (and TeachingChile), for helping me make the best decision of my life!

A great program

Thank you so much for your support and love throughout this whole process.

TeachingChile is a program that offers people with different interests a variety of opportunities. Whether you are looking to travel, improve your Spanish skills, or investigate an academic interest, TeachingChile can provide you with the stepping-stones you need in order to make those things happen.

We enjoyed our stay

Just wanted to say thanks for all you did to get us set up in this beautiful country. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we will be back to Chile as soon as life allows. As you may have guessed, we found an alternative storage option for our luggage these past two weeks. We went to Buenos Aires and San Pedro for our final two trips and both were incredible.

Our memories from Chile will be great by the great friendships we made and the beautiful places we were lucky enough to visit. Thanks again for your help and for all the great work TeachingChile does to make such experiences possible for people like us.

We have already recommended TeachingChile to friends back home and fellow travelers we've met with similar interests. Because of this experience, Amber decided to pursue a master’s program in TESOL at the Columbia University Teachers College this fall. I hope to use this experience and the Spanish language skills I've acquired to pursue a career in international law and human rights. Maybe our paths will cross again one day, but if not, it was a pleasure. Thanks again, Bruce.

• Teacher Support

The most exciting and enriching experiences of my life

Teaching English in Chile with the TeachingChile program was one of the most exciting and enriching experiences of my life. Chile is a fantastic country, with great people, diverse and awe-inspiring landscapes, and unique cultures.

Going to teach in another country can definitely be a daunting adventure to say the least, however, Bruce and Andrea were there every step of the way to help familiarize, guide, answer questions, and solve problems. They supported us through the governmental and paperwork processes, escorting us to the multiple government offices and buildings and answering the many questions we all had. Without them the whole process would have been a nightmare. No matter what the issue, they were always there to help, which was very comforting to know.

My experience teaching was very rewarding; my students were great and had a real interest in learning. Not only did the program allow me to experience a new culture and lifestyle, it also provided plenty of time for me to travel during scheduled breaks to other parts of South America such as Bolivia and Peru. The experiences I had and the friends I made are truly unforgettable.

I would definitely recommend the TeachingChile program to anyone who wants to see another part of the world, while helping people and meeting like-minded individuals.

Thank you TeachingChile for this incredible experience, and I hope that anyone considering an international teaching position will choose TeachingChile as the secure, proven, and exceptional option.

• Teacher Support

TeachingChile was a great experience for several reasons.

First, it gave me real teaching experience in which was an excellent tool to help me determine if it was something I wanted to do further down the road.

Second, it gave me the opportunity to travel, live abroad and to meet people from all over all while getting paid.

Third, Bruce and Andrea were amazing. They were available whenever I needed them throughout the whole process. They made the whole transition go smoothly even when some unforeseen events like earthquakes cropped up.

I had an amazing time and I'm convinced that having this experience has given me an edge over other applicants in the job market and at grad schools.