Teaching You El Salvador Header Image Teaching You El Salvador Header Image

Teaching English Volunteer Program. Santa Tecla, El Salvador

Rewarding experience

My experience volunteering with Teachingyou.org far exceeded my expectations. I lived with a fabulous host family who treated me like a member of their family, was able to be emerged into the local culture, see the country and most importantly work with the children at school. Although there was a huge adjustment from my classroom in the US the effort was worth it. The relationships and ability to make a difference in someone's day was more than I could imagine. I will travel back to Santa Tecla again.

Experience of a lifetime

My experience with Teaching You was one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. Joaquin at Teaching You did a great job of getting me prepared as to what to bring and how to get ready. I opted to live with a local family while in Santa Tecla and that worked out great. The family helped teach me about life in El Salvador and my Spanish improved measurably. The school was fantastic. I loved teaching there. Sure, it was intimidating at first but once I got going, I loved it. The girls really found their way into my heart. The other teachers became friends with whom I'd often get together after hours. In my free time, there was a great park in which to exercise, festival nights every weekend, beach trips and weekend excursions to see a bit of the country. Throughout my time there, Joaquin and Teaching You could not have been more supportive and helpful, looking out for my safety and well-being.