Teaching Nomad Header Image Teaching Nomad Header Image

Travel, Teach, Explore China with Teaching Nomad

• Teacher Support

Teaching Nomad supports its teachers!

I have been having a great experience with Teaching Nomad so far. Recruiter Liam McManus has helped me learn about the process in finding a teaching job, while giving me all the information I will need to prepare to teach English abroad. McManus has helped me secure a job in Shanghai and I am excited to see where my new job opportunity takes me.

Thank You Liam and Teaching Nomad for the help and support.

• Teacher Support

Recruitment for an international school in China

I found Teaching Nomad to be extremely helpful and professional. Liam made the process very easy and straight forward. I would recommend him and Teaching Nomad if you are searching for a teaching job.

Great! Very supportive, and professional

5 words: THEY GET THE JOB DONE

Whenever I had any questions, the team were there. Totally understood my needs, and I got my perfect position. Emails were answered and questions answered.

Great Program

I was looking for a position in China during the late winter/early spring of 2015. They found me 4 schools to interview with in a mater of a few days. My recruiter was very hands on and helped me with every question and issue I dealt with while job searching. I had a wonderful experience and they were able to find me a position that was right for my personality. I would recommend them to anyone who would like teach in China

Very Professional and Super Helpful

When I decided to move to China I wasn't sure how to find a job or where to begin looking. I chose a few placement companies to begin working with and started looking. Every one of the other companies only offered placement for ESL jobs and at a comparably low pay rate. Teaching Nomad was able to help me get a great position as a 12th grade physics teacher and the pay has been great. My experience has been wonderful!

• Teacher Support

Best placement service I have ever had

I have been teaching abroad for near eight years and the beginning of that was a lot of traveling, which meant I went through recruiting agencies frequently. Teaching Nomad is the best service I have ever used. They really listened to what I was looking for and matched me to jobs that fit the description. Sophia, my placement consultant, made the process as smooth as possible for me and I would recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone looking for a job in China (or anywhere else they may get established). Great service!

Suzhou Kindergarten

Teaching Nomad did a great job of getting me the placement opportunities, getting me in touch with the schools I wanted to apply with and keeping in touch with me during and after the interview process with the school. They were friendly to work with and always timely with their correspondence and responses. I recommend them!

My First Semester in China

I am wrapping up my first semester in China, and I am thankful to Teaching Nomad for getting me here. Teaching Nomad was a great help. Their, Sophia Isis', assistance during the entire process was professional, supportive, and abundantly helpful. Her concern for getting me the right job, she discussed a couple with me initially, was evident from the very beginning. My experience with Teaching Nomad made entering China an easy process. If possible, I hope to use Teaching Nomad again in the future for further teaching positions both in China and any other countries they might work with.

Placed in Shanghai

Teaching Nomad was absolutely great. My consultant spent a large amount of time answering my questions, getting me prepared for international travel, and facilitating meetings with the school. I even got to meet the Teaching Nomad crew after arrival, when they threw a small party for the new arrivals in Shanghai about two weeks after I arrived.

The school itself was well-vetted: My contract is being honored, and the housing – subsidized by the school – is very comfortable and convenient. Both the Chinese staff and fellow expat Western teachers are great to work with. I would've never found this job without Teaching Nomad: they've let me see a little bit of the world. Talk to them if you're interested in teaching abroad! They'll take good care of you.

• Teacher Support

Helped my get the exact job I wanted

Teaching nomad helped my apply for the exact job I wanted at one of the highest paying Kindergartens in Shanghai! They were friendly, helpful, and continue to be even after my placement. A legitimate recruitment company!

Teaching Elementary Art in Shanghai

My goal when I began looking for work abroad was to find a position teaching elementary art. I was concerned that I was really limiting my options, and would have a difficult time finding placement. Teaching Nomad had listings for art teachers in multiple schools and was able to find me several options in both Shanghai and Beijing. I was able to choose a position in a prestigious multicultural school in Shanghai and I am very happy with my placement! My experience with Teaching Nomad was wonderful, and I have already recommended them to friends at home. If I ever need help finding placement again in the future, I would not hesitate to go through Reaching Nomad.

Kindergarten Teacher

I have been placed with two top-paying kindergartens in Shanghai thanks to Teaching Nomad. I originally came to China with no teaching experience and began working with Teaching Nomad once I completed my first two years of teaching at a training school. I was able to tell my TN consultant what position, compensation and environment I was looking for and had numerous interviews scheduled within a few days. The jobs are high quality and at reputable schools.

I also completed my TEFL through Teaching Nomad and was able to obtain great advice regarding my visa and transferring procedures from them as well.

• Teaching Nomad responded to this review December 04, 2015 at 1:28 AM

HI Adrianna,
    We're so glad to hear how satisfied you are with your TN placements! Thanks for the feedback!

Teaching Nomad Recruit Placed in Kid Castle Education Corporation, Shanghai

Teaching Nomad is a stellar recruitment firm, classy and aboveboard. That is probably the most important thing a recruitment agency can be. They are streamlined enough to fully vet the schools they place you at. When you get matched with a school, you can be assured that nothing sketchy will happen with your visa paperwork or payment situation. Brett (owner and proprietor of Teaching Nomad) wouldn't let his brand be affiliated with the scores of shady places and schools that do exist in China.

I personally selected Kid Castle in Shanghai for multiple reasons outside of the scope of this review, but Teaching Nomad also works with EF and other top-tier training schools in the big city along with schools outside the hustle and bustle of Shanghai and Beijing and CQ.

Overall, a good company to go with. Comparable with Footprints recruiting except for you get a much more 'personal' touch so it eclipses all other recruiting firms in my opinion. I cannot speak for placements in the Middle East, however. I am sure those are all good, quality teaching posts as well.

Essentially, whether you are a licensed teacher going to make big bucks at an international school or a 23 year old fresh college grad (like me) looking to see the world, Teaching Nomad is the way to go.

This review was typed on my iPad so please forgive any spelling or punctuation mistakes.

• Teaching Nomad responded to this review December 04, 2015 at 1:31 AM

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear that you appreciate the personal touch that we aim to provide at TN. It was great meeting you at the Fall teacher party - looking forward to doing it again in Spring!

• Teacher Support

Great Experience! Thank you, Teaching Nomad!

Thanks to Teaching Nomad, I have had the pleasure and honor to teach great students and meet incredible people during my time in China.First and foremost, I must thank Sophia at Teaching Nomad. Sophia's professionalism and thoughtfulness are on another level. Sophia walked me through the recruiting process step by step and answered every question I had (and there were many!). I cannot thank Sophia enough for her time, patience and care during my placement process. If you have the pleasure to work with Sophia as your recruiter, then rest assured you are in good and capable hands.

I currently work in China. I am happy to say all matters discussed during my interview and contract signing have been promised and delivered. I feel fortunate to not only have had great help before my placement, however also during my placement.

If you are looking to work in China, I strongly recommend working with Teaching Nomad as your recruiter during the process.

A very good experience

Finding a teaching job through Teaching Nomad was a very pleasant experience. The agency was very friendly and professional and was able to find me a very suitable job in a very short space of time.
My recruiter was always at hand to answer any questions. I would 100% recommend finding a placement through Teaching Nomad.

• Teacher Support

Probably the best recruitment company in China

There are so many recruitment companies out there that it's hard to know who to trust! When I was emailed by Saira I could tell that Teaching Nomad was different than most others. First of all, they really curate their job ads so you know that your options are great. They are professional, serious, understanding and helpful. I would recommend Teaching Nomad to any experienced or inexperienced teacher who is considering working in China. I've actually had a change of plans and will not be moving to China, or Asia at all, but I am confident that if I saw things through to the end, the Teaching Nomad employees would not disappoint!

Great Experience

Teaching Nomad have been very helpful! My personal consultant especially was very tentative and always went the extra mile to help me find a placement! If you are looking jobs in China, Teaching Nomad will definitely help you, not matter how long it takes!

Lead Teacher - Public elementary education

Nomad teaching is great first step to employment opportunities in Asia. I have been working with them since arriving Wuhan, P. R. China in 2011 and in Beijing, P. R. China since to the present. I have enjoyed working with Go A Broad.

Teaching Oral English at Jiangxi University of Technology

Teaching Nomad was efficient at getting me placed at this institution. The information that they provided to me was accurate and the university has lived up to the contract that I signed. It has been different from what I am used to in the USA. They are more independent and treated more like adults in the USA, and less so here, so it has been a bit of an adjustment. The campus is physically beautiful and the grounds are kept up very well, but the classrooms are not well maintained which seems puzzling to me. The office for the teachers doesn't even have a printer for the teachers to in the main a great experience for me. Universities and university students in China are considerably share, much less computers (one must bring their own laptop here), which again surprised not only me but the other English native speaking teachers. On the other hand people on campus are very friendly to us. We are somewhat of a novelty as there are very few foreigners in Nanchang, especially when one considers it is a city of several million people.
Summarizing, Teaching Nomad did a very professional and complete job in my placement but first time American teachers in China are in for a bit of a shock if they expect a Chinese University to resemble what they are accustomed to in the USA.