Teaching House - A better class of teachers Header Image Teaching House - A better class of teachers Header Image

Teaching House CELTA - London

AMAZING!

The Celta course was great, I had the opportunity to learn a lot and above all how to structure my lessons, class and time management and a variety of useful techniques to use in class.
The course was really enjoyable and the tutors were well prepared and always available.
I highly recommend it.

• Academic Support

Life-changing and really useful!

A very high quality course with practical teaching experience. I can't recommend it highly enough. The feedback I received on each of my lessons was encouraging and at the same time inspiring, to help me do even better next time. I particularly liked that the suggestions were practical and implementing them made my lessons go better each time. I've been teaching ever since I finished the course and I can't imagine doing the job without the solid base that CELTA provided.

CELTA with Teaching House @ OHC London

I did a CELTA here a few years ago and I've been teaching English ever since. The course was really hard work but that is fine when you can see you are getting a lot out of it. The tutors were incredible - very experienced and a great example to us. I thought the learner case study assignment and the unknown language immersion were the highlights along with all the practical , and sometimes brutally honest, feedback on my teaching. I have since done my DELTA at the same place and I would really recommend both courses to anyone thinking about going abroad to teach.

• Academic Support

An amazing and rewarding experience!

I did the intensive CELTA course at Oxford Teaching House, and it was an amazing experience.
Challenging, and tiring but so rewarding! Teachers are always available and so professional, they will always remain as models for my career. I highly recommend this course, but be prepared to work hard!

Life changing!

What an amazing experience. I started the course with no teaching experience and now I feel confident and excited to start my teaching career. The practical teaching experience and the support offered by Teaching House tutors was superb. It was quite honestly one of the best educational experiences of my life. It is incredibly intense - expect sleepless nights - but I was warned about this at the interview. The effort really pays off though and I can't wait to go abroad and put this qualification to good use.

• Academic Support

Who knew taking an intensive CELTA course could be so enjoyable?

I had prepared myself for a month of intense work, burning the candle at both ends to complete this rigorous course. What I had not expected was the friendly teachers, the lovely students and the other trainees to be so like-minded or so fun- it may have just been a month to jump through hoops to a larger goal, but I think that in addition to providing excellent, in-depth and up-to-date training, Teaching House provides a very nurturing and friendly environment that helped us all to get the most out of the course. CELTA at Teaching House was an incredibly positive experience, and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of taking CELTA and pursuing a career in EFL. Thank you to Makkie and Bobby for a great and very educational month!

• Academic Support

What a wonderful experience!

Cannot thank Teaching House at Oxford House College enough for my experience. It was welcoming, friendly, highly educational, practical, fun, supported and truly inspirational. The tutors were dedicated and full of wisdom. It's an extremely intense course but has prepared me for anything.

CELTA at Teaching House London

Overall I had a very positive experience. The course itself is fascinating. Full-on, but that's the nature of CELTA. I loved all the input sessions. The school had a well-stocked library of books and photocopiable resources. I had the chance to observe some really excellent teachers during the observations of experienced teachers, and it was a very stimulating being in a large, bustling language school in the centre of London. I also think teaching multilingual, multinational groups - which groups in London are - is probably the best preparation for teaching classes anywhere, if you don't know where you're going to end up teaching, as opposed to doing your CELTA in say, Germany, where all your students will probably be, surprise surprise, German! I was lucky to have a very friendly, supportive group of fellow students, and I was sad (though exhausted) when the month was over.

The only downsides were the sometimes noisy classrooms (we had cross rail being built outside the classroom where we had our input sessions, which was a bit of a distraction, not sure if that's still going on - I did the course back in April 2016, so maybe all over by now), and occasional panics to get the the photocopier at peak times!

But as I said, a great experience, and one that I'd recommend to others.

Oxford review

The CELTA experience in Oxford was better than I could have imagined. The level of teaching was excellent, varied and always interesting. The Teachers themselves offered complimentary teaching techniques and highly engaging personalities with years of experience supporting their teaching role. Each was able to inspire student's learning and overall understanding of CELTA's method, as well as provide the necessary support and direction to help student's individual development as instructors. The four weeks were an intense assembly of lectures, methodology, research, with daily, invaluable teaching practice for the students. Though in no ways easy, the course never felt overwhelming and certainly never dull. The experience on a whole was simply inspiring, and working with the students themselves was deeply rewarding. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in either learning how to teach English or wanting to improve their own teaching technique. There is something for everyone in the CELTA course.