Australia-Vietnam Skills & Education (AVSE-TESOL) Header Image Australia-Vietnam Skills & Education (AVSE-TESOL) Header Image

Australia-Vietnam Skills & Education (AVSE-TESOL)

AVSE TESOL

With so many options out there for a TESOL certificate, I really did not know which one to choose. Would I do one online or an in-class program? Would I do one in my home country or a program that was abroad? After much research and contemplation, I finally decided on AVSE. I paid my tuition, bought a flight, and found myself in the middle of Vietnam. I must say, that it has been the best decision that I have ever made.
Throughout the TESOL program at AVSE I learned numerous pieces of information that I can now implement in my ESL teaching career. The way that AVSE presented the curriculum that they were teaching us made it fun, exciting, and very engaging. It seemed as if all the students in my class were eager to learn each and every day. Having confidence in front of a class is typically one of the most challenging parts of becoming a teacher. One of the best components that AVSE has is that they put their students in real world teaching environments so that their self-confidence sky rockets by the end of the course. This is something that an online TESOL program could never give you.
Being in a foreign country all alone can seem like a very frightening thing. AVSE helped easy this terror. From the time that they picked me up at the airport and still to this day, I feel like I have a new family! The staff at AVSE are super friendly people and always willing to help in any situation. The teachers are very knowledgeable on ESL teaching and were always pleased to stay after class if we had any further questions relating to the lesson.

Even if you are the most inexperienced and shy person, I would highly recommend the AVSE course to anyone that is looking to do a TESOL program. AVSE will ensure that you gain the confidence and have the knowledge and resources to begin a very successful career in ESL teaching.

Exceptional

I knew I wanted to give TEFL a try one day, but I didn't know how to get started. Doing a short online course, flying to Asia, and marketing myself as qualified did not seem very moral. Luckily, the staff at AVSE understand teachers and students. AVSE is a well respected English school and TESOL training center. They genuinely care about the education of their Vietnamese students and future teachers.

During my month at AVSE, I learned about lesson planning, classroom management, Vietnamese culture, and the school system in Vietnam. By the end of the course, I felt confident and prepared. All students complete seven practice teachings to ensure that they are ready.

Within a week of the course ending, I had a job in a location that I requested!

Amazing experience

Following the TESOL course at AVSE is definitely an experience I'll never forget. My wife and I came to Vietnam not really knowing what to expect but once the course started, all our stress disappeared. We were in such a nice group and made some really good friends from all over the world. Everybody at the school was very helpful and supportive.

Since I was already working as a foreign language teacher in the US I thought I wouldn't learn much from the course but I couldn't have been more wrong. Sure, having prior teaching experience helps but the method is very different from your typical European or American language class. I loved how practical and straightforward the formation was. The heavy focus on "learning activities" to get your students active and moving in the classroom is something I will definitely re-use in the future.

Overall, it was an amazing experience. The formation was interesting, the people were fantastic. I've enjoyed those 4 weeks a lot and would definitely recommend it.

Do this course!

I enrolled onto this course whilst still in England, after hours of researching where to complete my course. This is the only company that offers an Australian accredited qualification, free accommodation, Vietnamese lessons, a guaranteed Job and above all support and security. When you arrive everything is easy; they pick you up from the airport, take you to your hotel, give you ANY information you need such as places go eat, how to get around etc. and throw a welcome party for you! It is also great because you get the chance to observe some amazing teachers and by the end, actually have you're own class. It really prepares you for what its really like to be a teacher in Việt Nam. AVSE is truley an amazing, unique course that I can assure, will not dissapoint!

Happy TESOL Student

After searching far and wide I enrolled in the February 2016 TESOL course at AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City. I settled on the AVSE-TESOL course chiefly because of the Australian Government accreditation & the employment guarantee that comes with the 4 week program. The accommodation that is included in the fee was an added bonus.
On day one of the AVSE-TESOL course I distinctly remember thinking: 1. this is going to be a lot of work; and 2. I made the right choice.
If you want to learn about teaching English as a second language and obtain internationally recognized certification - and you’re prepared to do the work - then you may well find that AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh will meet your needs. Personally, I couldn’t be happier.

Highly recommend!

The teachers and management are extremely professional and well organised (it’s actually quite rare in Vietnam) yet very friendly - they helped me with whatever problem I had!

The course itself challenges you so you should prepare to study! But that’s why it’s special - you really do get your money’s worth. The course has the perfect balance between hard work and fun! They helped me to get a job just few days after the course ended even though it was right before a national holiday and I’m not native speaker - I was afraid it might be more difficult. Later, whenever I compared my teacher’s training with my coworkers it was clear that my training was a lot better - especially when it comes to creative parts like activities, lesson plans etc. I feel AVSE really prepared me to be an excellent teacher with all tricks and tips I received.

When I first arrived to Vietnam I couldn’t even cross the road - the person from school showed me where to eat, where and how to go somewhere, where to buy school supplies, which busses to take etc - you name it, they helped me with everything, complete 100% support. I made many friends for life from my class (mostly my housemates - house is amazing too btw!) and we often reminisce about how great the school was and wish we could start all over again!

Top marks for AVSE's TESOL course in Ho Chi Minh City

Have just recently completed my AVSE TESOL course which was based in Ho Chi Minh City and, despite the somewhat challenging location, loved everything about the course. From the start, you're made to feel very welcome - Managing Director Peter Goudge holds a welcoming party at his house where you get a chance to meet him, your classmates, past students and other staff members from AVSE.
This was a top night, which ended rather a bit too late after a few late-night pool sessions up the road!
The intensive month-long course was well structured and thought out - taking you through everything clearly and at just the right pace. The teaching practices - while nerve wracking at first - ended up being extremely fun and helped boost my confidence no end, plus the Vietnamese teachers and administrative staff were all very helpful. My course tutor, David Chalker proved to be a first-class trainer; very knowledgeable, engaging, helpful, and just an all-round top guy, plus MD Peter was also extremely helpful and always on hand to offer some friendly advice (and the odd joke!).
All in all, a great experience. If anyone is thinking of doing this but still not sure, then do yourself a favour and just sign up now! Believe me, you won't regret it.

• Academic Support

I fully recommend this course

I came a long way to attend this course. It is a 12 hour difference between here and my hometown. I had many concerns. I have never taught English as a second language before. I had never been to Vietnam before. I knew zero Vietnamese. Etc.
This course was not easy. This experience was difficult. But I have grown through it.
This course gave me confidence.
Now I know.
I know I can walk into any classroom and present a good effective English lesson.
I quickly found a job that I am happy with.
I fully recommend this course.

Top school

Very well taught and landed a well paid job at one of vietnam's largest english school within 1 day of graduating. Organisation at the school is first rate and the staff are extremely helpful. The school is very personal and the staff always put the tesol students first.

Couldn't recommended more.

AVSE experience

I can confidently say that AVSE delivers on what they claim, throughout the 4 weeks there I felt like i got more than my money's worth. The training staff was excellent, really dedicated and knowledgeable, the facilities on par with any TESOL course in Australia.
The course helped to brush up on my weaker areas with great feedback from the trainers and other students, even the accommodation was better than i expected. I honestly don't have any criticisms of AVSE and am very glad i undertook the course and would do it again in a heartbeat.
The school also got me a job within 3 days of finishing the course, which was a big issue for me and I'm sure many potential TESOL students.
All in all a very good course at a very good school with a guaranteed position afterwards.

Really amazing!

From the first day to the last I felt very much welcomed and that I could approach anyone at AVSE with a problem or question. The course material was very easy to follow and understand and the lecturers were very patient when it came to something that wasn't understood. I was challenged to grow and to step out of my shell.

Having real classroom teaching experience was amazing and the opportunity to teach all ages was really good. It taught me how to handle different ages and what the best approach is to teaching such ages.

Besides enjoying the course, I made some really great friends and I am very glad I made the decision to come and do the course. It has been an experience of a lifetime!!!

Thrilled with the outcome

Before signing up for this course I had some experience teaching English to Vietnamese students. I saw the TESOL course at AVSE as a way to enhance my skills set and I was thrilled with the outcome.

I found the 4-week study program to be well-structured with a mix of theory and practical teaching experience. Most of the theory classes were delivered by highly experienced TESOL trainers who were ably supported by local instructors – all of whom had successfully completed the same study program.

I’d especially like to highlight the tireless work of the admin staff at AVSE. From my first-hand experience, they go well & truly above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to supporting TESOL trainees. If you’re looking for a quality TESOL course in Ho Chi Minh City, then what AVSE offers will meet your needs.

Absolutely fantastic

The staff at AVSE were caring and compassionate in my hour of need. I suffered a personal tragedy but with their flexibility and understanding I was able get through the TESOL course. I cannot praise them enough for this.

As a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Arts this course was what I needed to revitalize my abilities as an educator. The staff and especially the trainers helped me to achieve this with their guidance and their professionalism.

The course at AVSE-TESOL is only four weeks but it is very intensive and high standards are expected from the start till the finish. In the course we covered everything from lesson planning to behavior management. The AVSE-TESOL course is an Australian government guaranteed course that is independently moderated through The Australian International College of Language. Thus it is internationally recognized.

As well accommodation close to the school is provided free. There is also the offer of work provided after successful completion of the course. I do not think you can do better than this in Ho Chi Minh City. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wishes to teach English as a Second Language.

A great experience

Training at AVSE for the TESOL certificate is a highly rewarding and fun experience, in just four weeks AVSE provided me with all the training and information i needed to become a competent English teacher, now I am teaching in several locations around Saigon all thanks to AVSE.

With free accommodation within walking distance, the Campus in Go Vap district is in a great location close to awesome local restaurants, cafes and bars, if you want to study TESOL and live among the locals in Saigon I highly recommend this course.

A Great Program in HCMC

AVSE was a spectacular choice for me. I was worried I wouldn't get much from the program as I am already a licensed teacher with a degree in education but I was wrong. AVSE gave me the tips and tools needed to be a better teacher as well as making sure I was ready for the workplace here in Saigon. David, the head instructor, was simply amazing and full of knowledge. I recommend AVSE for anyone looking to start a career in ESL not only here in Vietnam but anywhere.

Well worth it!

I finished the TESOL course at AVSE in Ho Chi Minh City last July and I have been working as an English as a second language (ESL) teacher in Danang, Vietnam ever since.

By the end of the 4-week TESOL course at AVSE, I genuinely felt I was ready, both personally and professionally, to work as an ESL teacher. The course allowed me to build confidence in my ability to do the job and acquire some much-needed teaching skills given that I was a complete ‘newbie’ to the profession.

The TESOL course at AVSE is certainly not the cheapest on offer in Ho Chi Minh City, but like so many things in life you get what you pay for. In my case, I left AVSE thinking the course was money well spent.

Thank you AVSE!

On the recommendation of a friend, I travelled to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam last July to complete the Australian Government accredited TESOL course at AVSE-TESOL.
Prior to starting the 4 week TESOL course my personal goals were to learn about teaching English as a second language and to secure a teaching job in Vietnam. I was able to achieve both goals with assistance from AVSE-TESOL and therefore I only have good things to say about their course.

Thanks AVSE-TESOL

It’s been almost 4 months since I completed the 4-week TESOL TEFL course at AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City and I’ve been working ever since.

The positives associated with the AVSE-TESOL program include Australian Government accreditation, accommodation that’s close to the training centre and the practical bent of the course.

In terms of negatives, while I appreciate that teaching young learners is 90% of the work that’s on offer in Vietnam, I would have liked more exposure to adult learners in the 20 hour practical component of the course.

Overall, I’m very happy with the outcome. The TESOL TEFL program at AVSE-TESOL set me up to pursue a long-held dream to teach English abroad and I’m very thankful.

Well worth it!

Along with 14 other people from all corners of the world, I completed the TESOL program at AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City in September / October 2015.

There’s a lot to like about what AVSE-TESOL deliver including a lead trainer (native English speaker) who knows his stuff and is very approachable, a decent teaching and learning environment compared to what’s available elsewhere in Ho Chi Minh City and local support staff who are right up there with some of the most helpful people that I’ve ever come across.

I enjoyed my time at AVSE-TESOL. I learnt a lot about teaching English as a second language and with their help I secured my first teaching job in a brilliant school, in a brilliant location. Would I recommend AVSE-TESOL to other people who want to teach English in Vietnam? Most definitely!

TESOL in HCMC

I’m not usually a ‘review’ kind of girl. I’ll make an exception to the norm in this instance because there is a good story to tell.
I’ve been working as an ESL teacher (3 different countries) pretty much from the day after my TESOL course finished back in early 2014 – rapidly approaching 2 years. The theoretical knowledge and teaching skills I acquired while completing the AVSE-TESOL program have allowed me to pursue a long-held goal to teach and travel around the world.
If you’re looking to learn a thing or two about teaching English as a second language and want a qualification that is accepted world-wide, AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City is a good place to start.

AVSE Certificate IV in TESOL Course

I selected this course at AVSE based on positive website reviews of the company, and I wasn't disappointed. All the staff were experienced and very competent, down to earth and friendly. Any help or advice with living in Vietnam was quickly and freely given. The course structure is such that I went from no teaching experience on day one, to confidently taking my own classes in three weeks. AVSE course results are independently moderated by the Australian International College of Language, which means my Certificate IV in TESOL is recognised by schools all over the world. As promised, AVSE helped me find my first job. Great result. I recommend this course to anyone looking for a TESOL certification or TEFL training.

An intimate, lively, well-run TESOL

AVSE’s TESOL’s a very personable, well organized, well thought out program.

Each of the key instructors/staff members works hard to prepare and service each student–all kind, helpful, bright, quick, witty.

My class was a lovely meeting of persons/personalities from all round–the environment was warm, engaging, playful and on point. Trust each class to be so for the school’s appeal/character.

Accommodation is provided, as suggested, and it’s excellent, and close by.

Slow to review, or recommend, generally, but quite happy to do so here.

• Academic Support

Looking for TESOL, struck gold!

AVSE's TESOL program is full of substantive and useful content, guidance, and practice that has come into play since my first day of employment. The foundation provided has been rock solid which has allowed me more time to spend focusing on honing and fine tuning my teaching skills. I couldn't be more pleased with the preparation we all received from AVSE 's competent coaching staff and tremendously helpful support personnel. Having sat through the course and knowing what I know now I would sign up without a moment of hesitation. Time well invested!

Good professional training

I don't have other courses to compare this with, but I'm happy with everything about this course. The owner was really down to earth and friendly. Really, the only ding on this course is that it's in Saigon, but that's not their fault - the city is just very crowded with scooters flying around every which way. I'd happily recommend this course to anyone looking for a TESOL certification or TEFL training. They were responsive before I signed up and when I was looking for a school, and they delivered on everything as advertised - and then some. I'm teaching, out in the country thanks to AVSE helping me secure a job. Well done, and I found the staff especially helpful.

Couldn't ask for more

I was a member of the TESOL 46 class a few months ago at AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City. By way of providing some perspective, I arrived in Vietnam last May without: 1. previous teaching experience; and 2. a university degree. What I did have plenty of – was determination to work as an English language teacher and to save a bit of money for my next travel adventure.

The TESOL course at AVSE-TESOL was originally brought to my attention by a fellow Brit who I’d travelled with earlier in the year. Interestingly, almost half of my TESOL 46 class made their way to AVSE-TESOL after being referred by someone. This alone suggests that they’re doing something right.

Anyway, the TESOL course at AVSE-TESOL exceeded my expectations, the accommodation they provided was decent by local standards and most important given my personal circumstances (short of cash), I started a paid teaching job the day after the course finished. With TESOL certification from AVSE-TESOL in my pocket the lack of experience and a university degree mentioned above, wasn’t an inhibitor to landing a job.

AVSE-TESOL gets 9.5 out of 10 from me, only because I don’t think any organisation is 100% perfect.