Syracuse University Header Image Syracuse University Header Image

Syracuse University Florence Center

Syracuse University Florence - excellent!

Living with host family provided great immersion experience, they spoke no English. Their apartment was a lovely ten minute walk to Villa Rosa. Weekend field trips were awesome. Art history program was exceptional.

Definitely recommended for architecture majors....

Definitely recommended for architecture majors. Great studio space in the program's building. Hosting was really, really far away though from the school and from Florence. My landlady also didnt speak any English. Had good opportunities to travel.

Life Changing!

My study abroad experience with Syracuse University was incredible. From the introductory few days at the hotel to let us get to know the city and each other to the cooking courses, language partners, and other on-site cultural activities to all of the amazing opportunities they provided us to get involved with the city.

My professors were all amazing and so enthusiastic about what they were teaching. They took the academic portion seriously, but also really incorporated the local context as well. My home stay experience was also great. If you're expecting a normal US home or lifestyle, it's going to be different, but my host mother accommodated my eating restrictions and was always trying to be so helpful and even baked me a birthday cake with my host sister. Some of the families can be far - I walked thirty minutes every day to school - but it was also amazing to get to walk past all of the most famous landmarks every morning.

This is by no means a flawless program, and you may find the technology on site out dated or some of the processes poorly communicated, BUT, if you plan to study abroad in Florence, I couldn't think of a better place to do so. Truly incredible and changed my life.

Studying in Florence was an incredible cultural experience

I loved this program. Syracuse has a small campus about 10 minutes from the city which was very convenient. They also provide home-stays which most other programs do not. This allowed for a full immersion into the Italian culture.

Florence is a great place to study abroad

Florence is a great place to study abroad due to the size and location. The academics at Syracuse University were not particularly challenging so you don't have to spend your time abroad in a library.

My only complaint with Syracuse's program was that the homestays were far from the center of the city. I had a half hour walk every day to classes and the bus system is unreliable. If you want to be in the city, make sure to ask in your application.