Study Abroad Compass Header Image Study Abroad Compass Header Image

Study Abroad Poland - Low Cost Programs

Wickedly awesome time in Warsaw

For anyone that has ever considered studying abroad for one moment, I want to eliminate all your second guessing and tell you to GO FOR IT. Really, nothing in your university experience will compare to it. This is a whole new way to grow, meet new people, and get one step closer to finding what you truly want out of life.

Warsaw is a wicked cool city. And Poland overall, is a wicked cool country. You will be able to see just how quickly a city is able to transform. Warsaw is ridiculously student friendly just due to the sheer amount of universities it holds. The Erasmus program is booming, therefore you have absolutely nothing to worry about with cultural immersion. With English you will be able to essentially get around everywhere.

My program director was crazy understanding and accommodating with all my needs. I stayed in an apartment with someone else and that for me was a great breath of fresh air compared to my dorm room in the States. My place was a walking distance from the city center and having a transportation pass was so helpful. There are endless museums, restaurants, theaters for you to check out.

I also found my time in the classroom very valuable. I think it is crucial to see education from many different perspectives. I appreciate seeing how other professors teach and how students from other countries interact in the classroom.

Honestly, Study Abroad Compass is a very reliable program. It is very affordable and they genuinely care about you getting the most out of your experience.

I recommend it in a heartbeat!

My Semester in Krakow with Study Abroad Compass

I spent 1 semester in Krakow with Study Abroad Compass and can highly recommend this program to anyone interested in studying in Poland (or elsewhere). I was greeted at the airport and immediately made to feel secure, cared for and comfortable by the program directors, Ewelina and Maciej, who were patient will all my questions, always available to help with the quirks of living in a new country, and extremely attentive to my needs.

There were a few unique things about studying this with program that should encourage people to apply: I was one of two students studying with SAC, which allowed our program directors to tailor trips and outings to our interests (including a trip to Warsaw, to Wroclaw, and many activities and meals around the city). I also really appreciated that the program's tuition covered so many vital parts of my stay: extracurricular Polish classes, my SIM card and cell phone, my semester-long transportation pass, and all of the activities planned for me.

Krakow is a fantastic city to study abroad in - English friendly, filled with students, littered with places to eat, drink and hang out, very historic, very beautiful, and very accessible, both financially (Poland is cheaaaaap) and geographically (everything is walking distance).

This program is perfect for any study abroad student, and I was lucky to have the support of the program behind me.

Thanks for everything!

Study Abroad Poland gave my best friend and I a wonderful study abroad experience that we'll never forget. I had been to Poland the year before I studied to visit my best friend's family, and that's when fell in love with the country. I decided to travel to Poland to study Polish so that I could understand my best friend's family more.

I fell even more in love with Poland when I studied abroad with Study Abroad Poland. Study Abroad Poland took care of every possible detail! I never felt worried or lost. Right off the plane we had one of their awesome student guides pick us up. He supplied us with cell phones, helped us activate them, and showed us how to put more minutes on them. They set us up in our dorm with kitchen supplies, and after the student guide showed us around the city center of Wroclaw and took us out to dinner.

Speaking of going out, there were always outings with other students in the city offered and in other towns in Poland. If you preferred to stay in, they also offered activities in the dorm. The activities range from sing a longs to board game nights.

Life outside of the dorm was great too. I loved getting to meet and get to know my fellow students. I also loved my teachers, they were all so kind and funny. They definitely made learning fun! I can't say enough about how wonderful my experience was, and how great Study Abroad Poland is. Thanks for everything!

Studying at Jagiellonian University

I originally began my study abroad experience with the intent of only one semester abroad; however, after only a few months, I knew I wanted more. I ended up spending 3 semesters abroad, and with each step, Study Abroad Compass made the process easy. They provided step-by-step instructions for preparation (Visa, Packing, etc) and answered all my questions in the quickest possible way. At first I was attracted to Study Abroad Compass for the low cost (compared to other providers), but I recommend them now for more than cost reasons - for personalized help, personable staff and providing complete coverage of all tasks associated with this experience.

The most amazing experience, something I will never forget

Studying in Poland was amazing and I learned so much in outside of school. The classes were fun and informational. I met some of the greatest people from all over the world, and we are not just great friends but family now. There was never a dull moment in Krakow. The city is full of life and there are plenty of museums, cafes, theaters, and pubs to visit. I had never been so far away from home by myself and I was scared. Study Abroad Poland did a great job with helping make sure I was comfortable at all times. I loved my time in Krakow

Summer in Krakow

My stay in Krakow Poland with Study Abroad Poland was more than I could have asked for. I was able to fully immerse myself in the culture, and have daily adventures with my roommates. Everyone was very helpful, the courses were phenomenal, and it was heartbreaking to have to leave. However, I left Krakow with much improvement on my Polish, and much more appreciation for Polish History and Art. I would recommend going to Krakow with Study Abroad for the student who wants more than just to see the major sights on their stay abroad.

Wonderful time in Wroclaw

I recently attended the University of Wroclaw in Poland through Study Abroad Poland. The staff members of this organization are excellent. Everyone I interacted with through Study Abroad Poland was extremely helpful and friendly. I feel my over all experience in Poland was great and that is thanks to the great staff at Study Abroad Poland. Roland Lewinski was the main pilot for our program. Roland always made sure my friend and I were safe and had everything we needed. Milena Penczkowski and Holly Bouma are two of the other staff members I spoke interacted with via email. Both Holly and Milena were always quick to respond to my emails and helped with anything I needed. I had a great time at the University of Wroclaw. I feel I have come away with a greater understanding of the Polish language and culture. The teachers at the University of Wroclaw were wonderful. Overall this is a great program and a great University. I hope to be able to go back to Poland soon through Study Abroad Poland. It's definitely worth the money to go (the price was also very reasonable)!

Great Experience

It was a wonderful experience to spend a semester in Poland. I have made so many new friends and memories I will never forget. The program is great because it is very flexible. You have many options to choose from. The best part about it is that you can even get college credits. The administration was also wonderful. I had a great time and would recommend it to everyone!

Amazing Program

I thought this program was amazing! I have no complaints about it at all. It was the best time of my life. The program administration were beyond helpful. I met the most wonderful people through this program that I am still friends with. I learned a great deal of Polish and was able to earn 5 credits at my university! The best part of this program, is the helpfulness of the administration. They are there for you through the whole process, even throughout your stay in Poland.

No complaints

I believe I was the first student in the program, in 2006-2007, and I enjoyed it tremendously. The opportunity to see and live near Lazienki Park, the Wilanow Palace, Old and New Town, and attend classes in Palac Kultury was very rewarding. Several of the Professors at the University I attended (Collegium Civitas) were truly World Renowned and the educational experience was terrific. Warsaw is not the party-palace that Krakow is, but with an express train to Krakow only a few zlotych away, I can't really offer any complaints. Holly is very helpful, friendly and approachable, and made the experience enjoyable and simple rather than harrowing and terrifying as it could have been.

Highest Recommendation Possible

My time in Poland was simply amazing. It

Great Program!

This program offers anything that a student could ask for in a study abroad program. One of best aspects of the program is that you have constant support, with study abroad directors on call 24/7. The directors even help you get to and from the airport which doesn't usually happen in other programs. This is a great experience for anyone who wants to explore Poland!

Study Abroad Poland- Krakow

The Jagiellonian University School of Language and Culture 6 week program was an amazing experience. I met so many motivated, culturally curious students from all over the world, had the opportunity to take a variety of elective lectures in the afternoons, and explored the beautiful city of Krakow while improving my Polish language. This program packs a lot into a short amount of time, but students have the option to engage in only the language classes or take all of the electives and attend all the cultural activities. It can be intensive and exhausting, but it is up to the individual how much to take on. For my home university, transferring credits is tricky - so be sure to check with your registrar ahead of time since 3-6 weeks of courses usually do not add up to easily transferable credits.