Student Exchange Vietnam Header Image Student Exchange Vietnam Header Image

Internship in Vietnam through SE Vietnam

A once in a life time experience

When people ask me how I changed this summer, I tell them I aged eight years. Because the best way I know how to encompass all that I learned and how I matured is to change my ‘real’ age from 20 to someone much older. I feel wise in the least pretentious way and armed with enough life knowledge to take on the world. I know I could not have gained this much independence in Corvallis and I doubt I could have achieved it anywhere else in the world. Still, Vietnam taught me that simplicity does not repel complexity, that I can do anything, and, most importantly, that there is a big world out there to explore.

A rewarding experience created by effort and enthusiasm

My trip to Vietnam was the first time I had ever been abroad, and I couldn't have done it without SE Vietnam.

They helped me throughout the entire process and were able to work through various unexpected challenges along the way. From creating a new custom internship at the last minute after I changed my mind to ensuring that I was treated for travel sickness, the SE Vietnam staff was always super attentive to my needs and concerns.

I also lucked out by being matched with both an amazingly welcoming host family and host company that I still keep in contact with now. My host parents took me in as their son, introducing me to family and friends and bringing me on family outings. My host company returned my enthusiasm with warmth and kindness, even though I arrived as an untrained foreigner.

Overall, SE Vietnam worked with me to create an extremely rewarding experience.

Life changing experience

My internship with SE Vietnam was a life changing experience. I was a marketing intern at a travel company in Hanoi and now work for the same company as a full time employee. Being in Vietnam has taught me so much about different people and cultures, as there are many other foreigners working here as well from all over the world. My internship coordinator at SE Vietnam was so helpful, and was a huge support for me whenever I needed it. I would definitely recommend SE Vietnam if you are looking to do an internship here. They really cater to your needs and care about what you want and are looking for.

A Big and wonderful learning experience!

SE Vietnam staffs were so friendly and helpful. They always help me when I need and also give me opportunities to discover everything, the local life, the professional work, the people and food... Everything here was so different from my place and it is so cool when you can look at the world in a totally different view, experience totally different things. I have learn a lot here not only about working but also about living and sharing. Thank you Vietnam and SE Vietnam for everything!

My problems were handled by SE Vietnam

All of my coworkers were friendly and welcoming and taught me about life in Vietnam. However, what the company wanted from me was different from what I wanted to get out of my experience in Vietnam and working for the company. [...] SE Vietnam did a great job with the service provided to me. They are not entirely at fault for the situation at the company I worked for, and they were able to fix the situation at the end. I was satisfied with the rest of the services provided by SE Vietnam. The Local Buddy system is a good way to have a proper cultural exchange and the host family I was set up with was perfect. All of the employees at SE Vietnam were also very helpful and genuinely care about me.