Stint Ireland participants Stint Ireland participants

Stint Ireland: Work and Travel in Ireland

Gap year participant

I am currently doing a 1 year working visa in Ireland with Stint Ireland. Going through this organization has helped immensely! They supported me through my visa application before I arrived and helped me find a job, start a bank account, look for housing, and have monthly support sessions.

I absolutely love the amount of fun I have experienced through their housing, weekly events and weekend getaways. I would recommend this to anyone who wants adventure and freedom to be an explorer and not just a tourist!

Architecture in Ireland

My six month architecture internship found through Stint Ireland was something that I had always wanted to do and finally got the chance. The Stint crew are a group of very dedicated, involved and fun people who work hard to find the very best opportunities for their every client. They supply housing or help you find your own, organise regular events in Dublin and weekend trips, and hold private monthly meetings to catch up with you and make sure you are getting everything you hoped for through them.
As an Aussie interning in Ireland for six months I got a working holiday visa, same as gap year students. My internship was incredibly educational and has prepared me well for a future in architecture as the work I was doing was not menial intern tasks, but rather professional standard drawings and documentation.
Dublin is so much fun, and Ireland is incredible. I cannot recommend the Stint program high enough and look forward to the day when I can visit again and show them how much I benefitted through the internship they found for me.

• Professional Development

Gap year in Ireland (First Time Abroad)

There are so many amazing things I could say about my experience in Ireland and more specifically with Stint Ireland. Having never been abroad I was definitely anxious to up and move to another country. However, Stint was so helpful throughout the whole experience.

Before I even arrived in Ireland the Stint crew was there to help me throughout the application process. It made it easy for me to board my flight knowing things would be taken care of upon my arrival. Having conversed with Aoife over the course of a few months before I got to Ireland, when I finally met her for the first time at the Stint house the day I landed, it was like meeting a friend I've known for forever! And honestly, that's truly what Stint became...my friends!

They were so supportive while I tried to come to grips with being in a new country and not having a set date in which I would return home. It was definitely an adjustment for me, being very close with my family, and anytime I needed to talk their office door was open!

While I did run into a few bumps during my time as a working American citizen in Ireland, Stint immediately jumped into action and helped me resolve any issue straight away.

It was an honor to have been their first gap year participant and I fully recommend their program as I know it's only gotten better since I've left Ireland!

The gap year experience was an amazing opportunity because I got to truly integrate myself into the Irish way of life. Ireland is such a beautiful country with amazing people and Stint is no exception!

Ireland tourism experience

I was able to land an internship and later a job through Stint at Extreme Ireland / Irish Day Tours. My initial internship was great, and I was able to push that three month internship into a full year job.

At the company I was able to do many different things whether it be sales, marketing, logistics organization, or project management. I was lucky enough to be trusted with interesting projects right away from my first day which really helped my career develop better than it could have anywhere else.