St. John International Universityhttp://www.sjiu.it
35A Pleasant Street Concord, New Hampshire 03310 United States
Italy: Torino (Turin)
Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year
In the tradition of the American liberal arts education, St. John International University (SJIU) offers students study abroad programs, in English, in a variety of the arts and sciences. The academic program is tailored to the school's location. Torino was chosen as the site of this international program because of its solid reputation as a European business center, its avant-garde achievements in both research and art, and its architectural wealth. The SJIU main campus was established in the Vinovo castle in order to expose students to the culture of local Italian life and the castle's 16th beauty.
St. John offers a wide selection of general education and upper-level credits in the following areas of study: architecture, art history, environmental sciences, political science, business, economics, history, Italian language and culture, film studies, computer science, sociology, religious studies, and modern languages and literature.
By enrolling at SJIU students will be exposed both to the local flavor of Vinovo, where the main campus is located, and also the culture and vibrancy of Torino--the beauty and elegance of its artistic and cultural treasures and those of the Region of Piedmont with its rich history, castles and the royal villas of the Savoia Kingdom. Students will also discover the gastronomical richness of the region as well as the diverse climate: from the nearby Mediterranean coast, to the vineyards of the Langhe region, to the snow-topped Alps.
SJIU students will have access to:
- an American-style university system with English-speaking instructors. Students can choose between two semesters (Spring and Fall), an academic year program or two Summer sessions;
- an international faculty;
- a wide selection of courses to choose from;
- a wide range of cultural activities including: guided tours of the various museums and monuments of the city, sports, and cultural events;
- Housing services: SJIU does everything possible to make the students' stay in Torino safe and enjoyable. Students can choose the type of housing that best suits their needs. The school provides constant attention and assistance should any problems occur.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Please contact us for more information.
The semester tuition price includes academic credits and official transcript, 3-day on-site cultural and academic orientation, SJIU on-site resident staff support, SJIU on-site administrative, academic and student services offices, cultural activities, airport transportation, medical insurance.
The standard housing price includes accommodation in private, shared, furnished apartments. Other housing options (such as homestays) are available, please contact St. John International for more information.
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.