SPI Study Abroad Header Image SPI Study Abroad Header Image

SPI High School Language Immersion & Cultural Leadership

A great experience for our son

As a parent, your main goal when picking a summer program or activity for your kid is determining "what they will get out of it." We chose SPI because they offered a very comprehensive program that included immersion and also a leadership component. (I believe they also offer volunteer programs in Costa Rica as well). The "homestay families" they selected for my son and his roommate were lovely. They made sure the boys were in safe in the evenings and they even took them outside of town to visit some other relatives. I cannot rave enough about how well this program is organized. Their chaperones on-site were always their to help the kids through their experience. Most of them were US based teachers either from Texas, New York or California. They all were very knowledgeable and easy to reach by email when we had a question. At first, we were seeking a semester long program but realized that might be too much for a 16 year old. The SPI shorter month program really helps the students get involved in the language and culture through real life experiences in a safe environment. Again, I highly recommend this program.