Gain hands-on professional experience in teaching through our Practicum in Education, while discovering the beautiful and ancient city of Seville. Enrolled students work as Teacher's Assistants in the Center's Playschool Program for Spanish children and use the practical experience to study language-acquisition theory, teaching methodology, and cultural perspectives on the field of education.
The goal of the Summer Term is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for your academic needs, homestays, language exchanges, cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into life in Seville.
* Dedication to academic excellence
* Opportunity to gain professional experience abroad
* Tuition-free course credit for Practicum
* One-on-one interaction with professors and all courses taught in Spanish
* Homestays or student residencias
* Intercambios with native speakers
* Guidance in synthesizing the immersion experience
* All inclusive day and overnight study visits
* Time for independent travel
* On-Site Resident Director, Housing Coordinator, Computer Technician, Librarian, and Activities Coordinator
Your academic experience takes place in a historic Spanish mansion in the heart of downtown Seville. A beautiful and ancient city on the banks of the Guadalquivir River, Seville has a rich cultural life and is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, flower-strewn patios, grand architecture, flamenco dancing, and music.
The Center has been a social and cultural gathering place for both Americans and sevillanos since 1969. Each year, more than two hundred Spaniards study English at the Center and participate in intercambios (language-exchanges) with American students. The Center also actively promotes regular interaction of Spanish and American students by organizing social events and cultural activities such as outings to the theater, festivals and carnivals, art exhibits, concerts of classical and contemporary music, video presentations, and joint fiestas.
All classes (avg. class size: 12 students) are taught in Spanish by native professors. Students are required to sign and adhere to a Spanish-only contract within the Center's facilities and classrooms, and can expect to leave the program with improved proficiency in Spanish.
5-Week Summer Internship
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
* A minimum GPA of 3.0
* Working knowledge of Spanish preferred
* Experience working with children, especially through teaching
* Outstanding personal attributes and qualities
* Skills in leadership, communication, organization and problem solving
* Responsibility and dedication
- English As A Second Language
- Internship Programs
Cost in US$:
Please contact Spanish Studies Abroad for up-to-date Practicum Costs.
Program Fees Include:
* Tuition for 4-credit Term 1 course
* Tuition for Term 2 is waived
* Full Room & Board
* Health Insurance
* Study tours & activities
* Orientation & computer access
This Program is open to
American and Canadian Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
Scholarships are Available
Spanish Studies Abroad awards up to USD 500 in scholarships to students enrolled in our short term programs. All students are encouraged to apply.
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is