Spanish Studies Abroad Header Image Spanish Studies Abroad Header Image

Spanish Studies Abroad Spanish Studies Program - Seville, Spain

The best semester I could have asked for

I absolutely loved my time in Sevilla. Before going, I had no idea it would have such an impact on my life, but looking back I couldn't imagine what my life would look like if I hadn't gone. Living and studying in another country not only broadened my look on life, but also helped me grow as a person. Spanish Studies Abroad was the perfect program for me because it was a medium size, which allowed me to be known on a personal level by my professors, while still interacting with a number of students from across the US. The classes challenged me, while still giving me the chance to explore the culture and travel, which proved to be just as beneficial as my classroom learning.

A year of adventure in Sevilla!

I had the amazing opportunity of studying abroad for an entire academic year in Sevilla, Spain. From September through May I was living with an incredibly welcoming and loving host family in the center of town, taking classes completely taught in Spanish, and meeting new people while exploring the beautiful city. Sevilla is a great place to study abroad--the historical old town is incredibly beautiful and really feels like you are in Spain, the people are friendly and love to meet new American students, and the classes at the center are interesting. I improved my Spanish skills a lot and had the chance to travel to many new countries during my time abroad. Overall a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone!

Yeah, Sevilla

I loved Sevilla and my family but the program is disorganized. It was an amazing experience and I adore my family. I got to see so many interesting things. I am so happy that I came!

Overall experience

Overall, it was a great experience. The program is extremely disorganized, but that's part of the experience... it turns out well.

Sevilla, Spain

CCCS was a great program! My host family was so welcoming. The weekend trips were incredible, and the classes were challenging, but still allowed you to love and enjoy the city and not just study all the time. I'd recommend this program to anyone.

Study Abroad in Sevilla

Studying abroad has been a great experience for me- not only have I learned a lot about the Spanish culture, but I have also learned a lot about myself, others, and life in general. I am so glad I was able to take part in this experience!

Good

It was a good experience

Love Sevilla

Loved the Sevilla culture and glad I got to experience living abroad.

Fun Experience

Such a fun experience with a bunch of hooligans I'll never forget.

Great time

Sevilla is forever in my heart

Since I just spent a lot of time commenting on the various sections of the review, I will keep this brief and to the point. Going to Sevilla, Spain changed my life. It taught me that this world is both bigger and smaller than I thought it would be, that people are people no matter where you go, that God is God of the whole world, that Spanish is an incredibly beautiful language, and that home can be more than one place. I am so thankful for CC-CS and for all the work they do to make this experience real and authentic. I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone looking into studying abroad.

Every single professor that I had at CC-CS taught me something different about Spanish language and culture and about life. They really enforced the Spanish-only policy, which was tough at first, but eventually a great thing, once I really fell in love with the language. They expected us to do our best, but they also were very personable and easy to approach with questions or problems. My level of Spanish GREATLY increased while I was in Sevilla.

My host family was absolutely wonderful. I spent most of my 9 months there in Triana with them, and I eventually felt like I was part of the family (they even call me "hija!" It is hard now that I am far away, since they do not use the Internet very often, but we keep in touch when we can. My host mom always looked out for me and did little things to make me feel at home (like making bocadillos, or sandwiches, on all the trips I went on, even when I didn't suggest it). I miss them so much! But I am so thankful to them for giving me a home away from home.

I love that CC-CS in Sevilla is set right in the heart of the city. It is very close to the Catedral and Santa Cruz, as well as other famous/very typical Sevilla spots. In some ways it also makes it harder to avoid being just a tourist, since it is close to the most popular tourist places, but I know that for me being culturally immersed in Spanish life was made easier because of CC-CS. They really encouraged outings and events to get us interested in the people and the culture, and I know that the classes helped with that as well. In many ways cultural immersion was a choice that I myself had to make (as far as how immersed I wanted to be), but the faculty and staff really encouraged it.

All of the staff of CC-CS deserve a lot of praise for all of the hard work that they do. There were parts of my study abroad experience that were stressful and frustrating, but I always knew that I could go to the staff and ask for their help (whether directly in Sevilla or via email to the U.S.). They went out of their way to help me with things like getting my visa for 9 months, finding a place to live for a month in between terms, picking out classes at the university, figuring out my schedule, and much, much more. I am especially thankful to Sara, Aco, and Michelle!

Seville is a fairly safe city, but like anywhere, you have to be careful where you go and when you go out. Always watch your stuff, especially in touristy places, and just use good old common sense when choosing to go out or not go out late at night. Groups of people are always good!

Social Life:
Honestly, just like anywhere, this is completely up to you. There are a lot of cool things to do in Sevilla. My recommendation is to go somewhere that not everyone else is going to. I didn't really go to the discotecas because 1. I didn't feel comfortable and 2. I wanted to not be the typical American. But there are several cool places that I went with friends to learn how to salsa dance, which was a new experience. I loved it! So try something new! Make some Spanish friends through an intercambio or the university, and ask them what they like to do on the weekends.

Great!

The city was beautiful, the professors and administrators were extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help, I felt like this program really understood the needs their students had whether they were part of academics, living situations, or just adjusting to living in a foreign country. They were always there to help. I would and have recommended this program to other students.

Study in Seville

A great experience with excellent academics.

Time of my life

Really great!

Can't wait until next term

I have been having a great time. Can't wait until next term.

Yeah, Sevilla

I loved Sevilla and my family but the program is disorganized. It was an amazing experience and I adored my family. I got to see so many interesting things. I am so happy that I came!

Program was disorganized, but turned out well

Sevilla, Spain

Studying abroad has been a great experience for me

Studying abroad has been a great experience for me – not only have I learned a lot about the Spanish culture, but I have also learned a lot about myself, others, and life in general. I am so glad I was able to take part in this experience!

It was a good experience

It was a good experience.

Loved the Sevilla culture

Loved the Sevilla culture and glad I got to experience living abroad.

fun experience

Such a fun experience with a bunch of hooligans I'll never forget

Good Program

This is a good program

!Que Guau!

My experience has been absolutely awesome! My host family is very accommodating and interested in my experience at school! I have loved all of the excursions - go to Cordoba and Lagos, Portugal. Class is easy.

I Love Sevilla!

Host families were great! I was so happy this program had that option! I've had a great experience in Seville! It's so fun to study and explore another country. Classes were also really interesting!