If you want to teach English abroad, this is the course. Originating from International House itself, the course was adapted by Cambridge University and has become the most well-known and trusted teacher training certificate in the world.
Our CELTA program is offered on a part-time basis to make the transition from one career to ESL teaching a little easier. However, although this course is offered on a part-time basis, students of the CELTA program must be prepared for a semi-intensive course.
During the program, teacher-trainees are observed by their CELTA tutors, who grade their Teaching Practice lessons. Assessors from Cambridge inspect the course each time order to assure quality is maintained in every CELTA program that is taught.
And to start the application process, please fill out the registration form on our website (click on the link at the top of the page) and click on enroll. After which, we will send the pre-interview task. Once finished with the pre-interview task, we will contact you to arrange the admissions interview.
As a graduate of the CELTA program, you can expect to know:
* How to be sensitive to your adult students and their needs
* How to be sensitive to the different ways in which students learn and how to teach each learner
* How to manage your students and classroom
* Basics of grammar, lexis and phonology and how to teach it
* How to teach reading, listening, speaking and writing
* How to evaluate your own lessons before and after the class
* How to adapt and evaluate teaching materials
* Effective lesson planning
* A professional classroom presence
- Excellent command of the English language in all areas
- Aged 20 (exceptionally 18/19)
- University entrance level
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Cost in US$:
Program Fees Include:
- Training Materials
- Registration Fee
- 11 weeks CELTA Training
This Program is open to
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Job and Internship Network