Sol Education Abroad participants Sol Education Abroad participants

Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad in Granada, Spain

The Trip of a Lifetime

Studying abroad with SOL in Granada was truly life-changing. This program immerses you directly into the Spanish culture by having you live with a host family. You get to eat true Spanish food and speak the language you are there to learn, all day every day. Classes are fun and educational, and after they are over each day, students get ample free time in the afternoons to go explore and participate in excursions. I met some incredible people on this trip and I would recommend it to anyone. I wish I could go back and do it all again.

Living and learning abroad

I can't give Sol Education Abroad enough praise for how they take care of their students. I knew I wanted an immersion experience with a host family and guidance from directors in cultural activities, and that is why I chose Sol for my two semesters abroad.
I was completely immersed in the culture in Granada, Spain, and my program directors were there to help me every step of the way. We had a thorough orientation at the beginning of the semester and had cultural activities and excursions throughout our time in Spain to help us learn about local culture and ways of life. My host family provided me with traditional meals and answered all questions I had.
Sol Education Abroad is everything I wanted in a study abroad program and then more. That's why I choose them every time!

THE BEST EXPERIENCE that I've ever had!

I studied abroad this past fall with Sol in Granada, Spain. It was my very first trip outside of the country and if I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing about it. I stayed with an amazing host family who welcomed my roommate (who is now one of my closest friends) and I as one of their very own children. Sol Education does an amazing job at everything they do from pairing students with great host families to helping students register for classes. It is also a very affordable program that has amazing locations, great schools, and very fun and educational excursions that I enjoyed so much!

Study Abroad

I had such a blast in Granada, Spain. I am dying to go back and experience it all again. My host family was so welcoming and loving. The teachers were so helpful and I learned so much from them. Spain is so beautiful!!

SOL is a great program

I loved everything about my experience with SOL in Granada. My home stay parents and roommate were amazing and I could not have asked for a better place to live or people to live with. I enjoyed my experience with SOL so much that I recommend it to any and all students I know looking to go abroad.

Great Time

SOL was great. Was reasonably priced and you got a lot out of it. From the beaches to the weekend trips, you get it all. You are in class a lot but the classes are pretty interesting. Overall, so fun!

I Love Spain!!!

Sol Education has to be the best program to go with. The coordinators are the most caring people in the business and the service is the best deal.

For you city life, Mirador San Nicolas, Plaza Nueva and northern Camino de Ronda is the best spot to go out

Sol Education In Granada

I fell in love with Spain after two months with Sol Education in Granada. This program incorporates not only education at la Universidad de Granada, but multiple cultural excursions in Granada and the region of Andalucia

The Best Study Abroad Program EVER!

I couldn't imagine a better study abroad program! Everything from beginning to end is perfect with Sol Education Abroad! The staff is so friendly, professional, and aware of your needs. The variety of experiences included in the programs is amazing! You definitely get more than your money's worth! My life has been changed for the better, thanks to Sol Education Abroad. In comparison with some of the other programs I've researched, Sol Education Abroad offers so much more for your money! Besides that, you can make true friends with the domestic staff and international staff! I am going on a 3rd trip with Sol this summer! I can't get enough!

Thank you for everything!

Studying Abroad In Granada

Studying abroad in Granada in July of 2010 was absolutely amazing. First of all you realize that you are in an undoubtedly gorgeous medieval Spanish town that mixes Moorish, Catholic, Jewish and Romani heritage that any history buff would love. Secondly you have to take into account the sense of adventure in living, even if only for a month like I did, amongst a new culture with different attitudes and perspectives. Thirdly you have the luxury of exploring the town on your own, meeting new people, both within your group and from the community, and seeing the fabulous sights (from the intricate cave homes of el Sacromonte to the imposing fortress of the Alhambra). I met great people here, including my host mother Pilar and her son Pablo, as well as my group members and people from the school. I tend to be rather shy when first introduced to a new setting, but by the end of the program I had become very comfortable in this environment and was very sad to leave. That being said though, my favorite part of the adventure was going out and exploring on my own. I love history, especially the Moorish/Spanish medieval history, and so took much delight in exploring the back streets and main streets of Granada, and my trips to Cordoba and Malaga. I also greatly improved my knowledge of the Spanish language, although I wish I had spoken Spanish more often amongst my group and classmates. I definitely plan to return to this area of the world sometime, and hopefully that sometime is soon. Thank you. :)

Sol Education Abroad Is The Best Program Out There!

When speaking with students in other programs, ours clearly was the best and the best price. We got to do a lot more excursions and activities than everyone else but still paid less.

INCREDIBLE!

It is a great experience that will make you learn the language while having the best time of your life. The way the program is designed and organized with the different activities and excursions, there’s no way you wouldn't enjoy it.

This Program Changed My Life!

Through Sol Education Abroad, you have the opportunity to grow in so many ways especially in terms of getting the chance to experience/do things you never thought you would do and developing your skills with the Spanish language.

The Best Summer Of My Life. Seriously.

The summer of 2010 with Sol Abroad in Granada, Spain was seriously the best experience of my life so far, and there's not one aspect of it that I would want to change. The directors were incredible and were able to help us with anything we ever needed. I had the best host parents that I could ask for who made the most delicious food almost every day and night. The academic part was a bit challenging, but that's the point, right? I was able to learn so much more Spanish than I ever could have at school in the states. This was a result not only of the classes, but also the complete immersion into a Spanish culture. My host parents spoke only Spanish and tried their hardest to make my roommates and I only speak Spanish when we were all together (usually eating), and our directors would say everything in Spanish, and translate it for those of us who didn't quite catch everything. All of the cultural excursions our program took us on were amazing, from wine tasting to hoseback riding to tours of the different areas of Granada, each one was filled with something new and exciting to see and learn. The weekend trips to different beaches, Seville and Cordoba, and hiking trips in Las Alpujarras were all beautiful places, and on weekends that the program didn't have something planned, we were allowed to travel at our own leisure, to places such as Bacelona and Madrid. I was able to see and experience so much of Spain because of Sol Abroad, and I cannot imagine having spent my summer any other way.

Go Abroad!

This is the best thing I have ever done! Completely worth the cost and time! I love Granada and wish I could live here!! The people are amazing as well, I fully recommend it!

The Experienced That Opened Up Doors For Me To Further Interests, Skills, And Careers.

My month with Sol Abroad was my first step as an adult. I was still in high school, so leaving home for a month was huge, let alone going across the ocean to do so. Sol Abroad always made me feel supported, though, and we had lots of cultural activities to keep us learning and enjoying the experience. My host family was amazing and always looked out for our safety and happiness. My classes were stimulating, but fun. Each weekend trip was better than the last. Since my month in Spain, I have since pursued and received a BA in Spanish, studied in Argentina, interned in Peru, volunteered in Honduras, and traveled throughout Chile. Sol Abroad was such a great program that afterwards, I knew I had to continue.

The Most Amazing Summer Of My Life!

I really liked the SOL program. Everyone was so nice and it was a blast to be apart of this program. I completely fell in love with Spain and I plan on moving back someday. I loved everything about Granada, the city, the culture, the people, everything! This experience exceeded every expectation I ever had plus more. If you are thinking about going please do some research and consider it. My decision to come to Granada has been one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself!

Go SOL!

This was the best experience of my life so far! I felt completely welcome in this city. The people I met and interacted with daily were the absolute greatest. The food was delicious. The country was absolutely gorgeous! If you have your mind set to study abroad, I would highly recommend SOL program. The in country directors are amazing, and the U.S. based offices are extremely helpful. They want you to be able to have these types of experiences.

The Opportunity of a Lifetime

My experience with Sol Education was absolutely stellar. The directors were awesome, almost all of the excursions were great, and the academics at the University of Granada were at the perfect level. My only complaint would be that there was not much interaction with Spaniards our age outside the home stay... this is probably because we were there during the summer, however. As far as I know there are Spaniards in the classes at the CLM with you if you're there during the academic year. I absolutely loved Sol and would recommend it to anyone.

Travel with Sol in Granada

Traveling with Sol has been one of the best experiences I have imagine. They are highly organized, the directors truly care, and they completely immerse you in the city.

Come to Spain

This has been an incredible experience and my Spanish has improved a lot. I would recommend studying abroad (especially in Granada, Spain) to anyone!

Go Abroad!!

This is the best thing I have ever done. Completely worth the cost and time! I love Granada and wish I could live here!! The people are amazing as well, I fully recommend it.

A trip of a lifetime!

Spain was a life changing experience for me. I learned so much of the spanish language and culture. My spanish greatly improved and I met some amazing people and saw some amazing thing! Granada forever will have a very special place in my heart and is one of two places in this world I call home.

A wonderful experience in Spain

I had an amazing time in Spain, and I think that Granada was the perfect city to go to. I visited a number of cities while I was there, and while Cordoba, Seville, Malaga, and Barcelona were all awesome excursions I felt Granada was the perfect home base. There is something for everyone there, from ancient history to modern marvels at the science park, and all within walking distance. The homestay was a valuable part of the trip but the Sol staff was indispensable. They planned great activities and were always happy to give recommendations as to how to fill free time. They even helped me plan activities for when my parents flew out to visit Spain with me after the program was over. I highly recommend this study opportunity for anyone interested in learning Spanish or just visiting Spain.

Summer in Granada

I absolutely loved being in Granada. Where the tapas flow like water and the culture envelops you from the start. The Alhambra is in sight while casually strolling through the town. The small town allows you to utilize Spanish more than a big city where most know English. I was in a home stay with the most wonderful family with amazing food. Being so small, we got to know not only our group but all the other groups in Granada and had an overlap of meeting and connecting with new people. German, our program coordinator was absolutely wonderful and someone I really enjoyed meeting. We got to travel to the mountains and the oceans and see all that Spain has to offer. A few weekends I went to Portugal, Morocco, and Gibraltar. Last, I got to go to Madrid and Barcelona with a couple of friends I met on the trip and navigate big cities alone. I wouldn't trade the experience with SOL Education for anything. I chose the perfect program with freedom to explore, but also amazing guides.