Sol Education Abroad participants Sol Education Abroad participants

Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad Buenos Aires, Argentina

Buenos Aires Intensive Spanish Language program

Best experience of my life. So much fun, so many adventures, and so many amazing friends. Didn't love the way the program ran in BA, disorganized and I never felt well informed. Cultural activities that were promised were not followed through with.

Food, Friends and Fun

Doing a study abroad semester in Argentina with Sol Education was an unforgettable experience. The fun started right away and never ended. I met some of the most amazing and friendly people who I shared the opportunity of eating the most delicious steak and Italian influenced cuisine. Argentina was like nowhere else and had a little of everything you could ever imagine.

Argentina: The trip you couldn't even imagine!

Key points
The academics of this program were most definitely intensive, we covered more in a day than I would have in a month at school back home, the teachers were there to help, as long as you asked in spanish! :)
My program leader had all of us program his number into our phones immediately when we arrived, and could be at any place at any time if a student needed help. If there was a smaller issue a quick text away was a quick and helpful answer.
I LOVED! my homestay! I will admit at first I wanted my own place when I saw it was an option, I have everyone to thank for not letting me do that! My house mother was the nicest woman ive ever met and was there for me and my three roommates at any given time. Yes, that even means getting spoon fed chicken noodle soup on a sick day off school! The house was in a great location and incredibly comfortable. A home away from home.
I am the pickiest eater of them all, so a 5 star sounds impossible but the food blew my tastebuds away! the home meals, the resturants/local food, and yes even the school food. I never once went a day not feeling completely stuffed.
After living in any city for a month you start to feel integrated, I knew my way around subways and buses and the major neighborhoods of the city by the time I was done! No help necessary. The language barrier was the only reason I couldn't quite ever feel too welcomed. Besides that I now feel as I wouldnt mind living there as a local one day and I could talk about the culture for hours, as it is so different from my own.
One day I felt very sick, feverish and just too weak to get to school. Without even having to notify my housemother who spoke no english, she realized I was not well and kept me in bed all day giving me proper medications after asking if I was allergic to anything. We made the good call to wait until the end of the day to head to the doctor and lucky for me whatever I was given helped enough and I was good to go by the next day with no doctor needed, and my program director and parents were already notified of my illness before I even got the chance to do it myself.
I almost never felt unsafe. I had a safe wonderful trip but the only thing to watch out for was pickpocketers, a couple kids on the trip had items taken in common public places without noticing for a while.
The school more than prepared me, the only thing they did not do was tell me how to not be so excited! Not a bad thing at all :)

The Best Experience of My Life

I can honestly give my experience with Sol Education Abroad "10s" across the board. All of the onsite directors were incredible, and I made friendships that will last a lifetime. But even more amazing than all of the lasting memories that I made is the fact that my ability to speak Spanish improved immensely. I practically came back from my trip fluent, and I cannot even begin to say how much I benefit from it every day in my life. Going abroad opened new doors for me and I will be forever grateful. I highly recommend studying abroad to anyone considering it -- it will definitely be the time of your life.

Winter Session in Buenos Aires

My best advice is to study abroad here for longer than I did. Buenos Airies is filled with culture, friendly people, amazing nightlife and has a good location to travel to other beautiful places in South America.

I signed up to study abroad solo but felt secure during my time there due to the friendly and always available staff at SolEducation. From my warming senora during my home stay, to my motivational teachers in class, to the most genuine director (Raul) I have encountered; the people abroad made my memories abroad to last a lifetime.

The Sol Education Abroad Program In Costa...

The Sol Education Abroad program in Costa Rica has met and exceeded my expectations. The program director, Janiva Cifuentes-Hiss, has been totally available from the start of the process, from helping with the financial arrangements to sending us a list of what and what not to pack. She met my daughter at the airport and took her to meet her host family. There were orientation activities planned to allow the students to become familiar with the school and each other. The director maintains an office on the university grounds, and is always available to answer questions and solve problems.

But what makes the Sol Education program really stand out, are the excursions and activities. Nearly every weekend, there is some planned activity to get the students together. They have visited volcanoes and rain forests and wildlife reserves. They have been snorkeling, hiking, ziplining, shopping and dancing. They have picked coffee and learned a bit about local cooking. These students are getting much more than academics, they are really learning about the life and culture of this amazing country.

I Highly Recommend Sol Education Abroad....

I highly recommend Sol Education Abroad. I had a terrific time in Buenos Aires, and much of what made my experience so extraordinary was the director in B.A., Adriana, and the host mother with whom I lived. My experience living with my host family was wonderful. I learned so much. I felt taken care of and safe. I laughed a lot, and cried when I left.

Adriana, the diretor in B.A. is an exceptional person. She works tirelessly to make sure that you're completely safe, secure, and happy. Perhaps, more importantly, she is one of my favorite people to be around generally speaking. She's warm, funny, and genuine. She's just a lovely human being.

The excursions made the experience particularly enlightening and fun. It was great to get out of the city sometimes and experience different aspects of the culture. The excursion to Iguazu is one of my favorite memories---not of the trip---of my life.

In attending school at U. of Belgrano, I met people from various programs. The more people I met and the more stories I heard, the more grateful I became for the program I was in. People definitely had some horror stories and many were not having wonderful experiences because they were there with programs who had abandoned them or who weren't readily available. I was grateful mostly to Sol because I felt secure.

I hope this helps.
Have fun in Buenos Aires! Absorb. Enjoy.

The Sol Education Abroad Office And Staff...

The Sol Education Abroad office and staff answered every question with a very friendly phone call!

I Had An Amazing Time In Oaxaca. I Have Already...

I had an amazing time in Oaxaca. I have already decided that I am going back right away after graduating and am going to stay there!!! Sol Abroad has been amazing and I will definitely recommend it to other people.

The experience was even better than what I had hoped for. I have already decided that I am going back!

This Program Was Efficient, Organized, And...

This program was efficient, organized, and informative. It provided activities, a wonderful host family, practice in speaking Spanish, affordable, and it showed the culture and beautiful country of Costa Rica. Our daughter loved it!

Sol Is The Best!!!!

I absolutely loved studying abroad with Sol Education Abroad. In fact,I loved it so much that I am going to be studying with them again this summer. They were very helpful and communicative with all of their students. I always felt safe and knew that if I had a problem I would be taken care of. I met amazing people and not only learned a lot about Argentina and Spanish but about myself as well.

Abroad In Argentina

I had a wonderful time in Argentina. I learned so much while I was there. The program director was great! He was able to assist me with any questions that I had. My host family was wonderful as well. It was the perfect match for me, and I felt as if I was family to them. Each day while I was in Argentina there were many activities planned in which I loved and looked forward too. The great thing about my trip abroad was exploring a whole new culture and enriching my speaking and writing of Spanish in which I did. I highly recommend Sol Education when studying abroad their the best!!

A Wonderful Summer With Sol!

I had an absolutely amazing time studying abroad in Argentina this past summer with SOL. I did two four week summer sessions at the University of Belgrano in Buenos Aires. I was able to greatly improve my Spanish while earning upper division credit at my home university. The classes were small and very personal. The school was within walking distance of my house. While the classes were very helpful, the most valuable aspect of the program to improving my Spanish was living with a host family. My host family was absolutely AMAZING! They immediately made me one of the family and were extremely patient, helpful, and kind. Two months living with them greatly helped me learn more and practice my second language. I'm not sure there are words to express my gratitude for them.

Sol, especially my local director, did a fantastic job setting up activities and trips for the group that allowed me to get a full picture of Buenos Aires. Unlike many of the larger study abroad programs, Sol's limited size allows it to take its students an numerous excursions and trips. A few times a week we would go out as a group after school and visit the city's sites, go to concerts, cooking classes, sporting events, etc...My director was always open to suggestions and anything someone in the group wanted to do, he would make happen. I liked having activities and trips planned out for me; I was able to see and experience things that I otherwise would not have been able to do or, most likely, would not have even known about.I especially liked the weekend trips we took to places like Igauzu and Colonia. Since Sol has you pay in advance, you spent practically nothing out of pocket when you are go anywhere with Sol, unless you are buying souvenirs.

I highly recommend this program to anyone who is thinking about going abroad. I looked at a lot of other programs before choosing Sol. Not only is it the most affordable one I could find, it has the most to offer in terms of ensuring you get as much as possible out of your experience. I met so many wonderful people and formed so many unforgettable memories. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer.

Experiencing Buenos Aires With Sol Education

I studied abroad in Argentina last summer in Summer Session 2 with Sol. I definitely recommend this program. It is one of the cheapest study abroad programs that I found when I did my research. It includes so much. It is a great deal versus other programs that I read about. Not only do you get to go on excursions with your group, receive academic credit, and the opportunity to live with a host family, but you also get to do different cultural activities during the week with the program. For example, my director was open to suggestions as to what exactly the group wanted to do, and we went to a rugby game, danced tango at a Milonga, and went to a cooking class, to name a few. They were so much fun and added to our experience.

In addition, our directors were really nice and paid for our dinners and lunches whenever we went out as a group. They were very helpful and always there for you when you needed them. I also loved my teachers at the Univerisdad de Belgrano in Buenos Aires. They are probably considered the best Spanish teachers I've ever had. I love the fact that they only spoke Spanish in class, but if you needed help with a word or phrase in Spanish they could easily translate it for you in English. I honestly think that is the best way to learn a language. Be immersed in it and talk less of your own native language.

So if you plan on studying abroad consider Sol. I recommend going to Argentina too if you want to learn Spanish. Very different Spanish culture from other Hispanic countries, but it is so cool :) Argentina is like what others say. It is the Paris of South America.

They Will Change Your Life!

They will change your life. You will return home a different person with a different perspective. More than I expected, the nicest and most passionate director possible.

Nothing Could Be Better!

You couldn't find a better program for their needs. It made traveling and adjusting to the culture shock painless and helped me to see more and learn more of the culture and country than I ever could have done on my own. When I left for Argentina, I wasn't very comfortable speaking and I only understood if the other person spoke extremely slow. Now, I have much more confidence and even if I make a mistake, it doesn't bother me. I’m much more comfortable in looking for opportunities to practice my Spanish and I’m not near as self-conscious as I was.

I Was Apprehensive At First, But Astounded By The End!

I randomly stumbled upon Sol online, as my University does not promote this particular program. I am so blessed that I did because overall I was extremely impressed. I would highly recommend the Sol Education Abroad program to anyone. The communication between the program administration and myself before, during, and after the program was very useful as I felt very prepared and comfortable. The activities the program planned helped me to immerse myself into the culture very well and learn all kinds of things. I do wish though when we were within our group that we were forced to speak Spanish to each other more. A lot more English was conversed than I expected, but overall I was satisfied with my learning of Spanish. I had the time of my life and grew so much as a person. I made lifelong friends that I will cherish dearly! Please give Sol a shot as you get so much for your money! :)

Excellent Immersion Experience!

I participated in a two week program in Buenos Aires, Argentina with the help of Sol Education Abroad and it was a great opportunity to apply my prior knowledge of Spanish into a real world environment. As a Spanish major, this experience helped me to challenge myself while having fun at the same time. The program organizes interesting excursions every week that are included and it is highly recommended to take advantage of them. Everyone through Sol was very helpful and friendly and I endorse this program for students looking to study abroad!

Best Experience with the Best Program

This past semester, I spent the most incredible four months studying in Buenos Aires through SOL Education Abroad. My time spent in Argentina was easily the greatest adventure of my life thus far, and I am very confident that SOL played a huge role in shaping such a positive, life changing experience. Buenos Aires is a city that is very unique, with a cultural mix of Latin America as well as European ancestry, creating a city that is full of vibrancy, passion and excitement! If you are looking for a lifestyle refreshingly different than the United States, with people that are confident, welcoming and fun-loving, Buenos Aires is the city for you.
If you have already decided on Buenos Aires, I highly recommend and encourage you to go through SOL; I truly could not be more thrilled with my choice. I did four months of language intensive classes at Universidad de Belgrano, which were fantastic courses that improved my Spanish immensely. Comparing these courses to classes in the US, you will definitely not be disappointed with the personalized attention and quality of professors.
Nearly every study abroad program goes through Universidad de Belgrano, so the classes and academic aspect is not what differentiates between the programs (you are in the same classes as people from different programs- so academically the programs are actually the same). What differentiates between the many different programs are the price, the different activities that is included in that price, as well as the level of personal attention you receive while abroad. Before choosing SOL, I spent countless hours researching different programs and can confidently ensure you that SOL is certainly the most affordable.
After arriving in Buenos Aires, it did not take long to see that SOL truly is the best program for numerous reasons. Not only was it the most economical, but it also offered an abundance of different cultural activities (easily 6 times more than any other program). I loved these activities! They were incredibly fun ways of exploring the city as well as learning about Buenos Aires culture. Typically we had about two or three activities a week that included tango lessons, empanada making, tours of historical neighborhoods/buildings, museum excursions, conversation clubs with locals, just to name a few. These activities were incredibly enriching for my experience in Buenos Aires and allowed for a true understanding of the city and way of life!
For me, the most important reason why I recommend SOL is the personalized care and attention you will receive, and the family-like bonds you will form through this program. The Buenos Aires program is lead by Raul, and facilitated by his son Rodrigo. I can easily say that these two individuals are two of the absolute greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in my life! Both are incredibly optimistic and always smiling- and their good nature really is contagious. I can ensure you that it is impossible not to adore them both. Raul and Rodri are caring, sincere, genuine, generous… I really could go on and on! They both want you to have the best time in Buenos Aires and they do everything they can to guarantee that you will.
Because SOL is a smaller program, you are going to get personalized attention to make sure you are transitioning smoothly and enjoying your time. If anything comes up, Raul is always there to help you out. For instance, at one point I had a medical concern; Raul set up my doctor’s appointment and Rodri accompanied me and waited until I was done just to make sure everything went okay. When living in a foreign country, it is very comforting to know you have someone looking out for you and I greatly appreciated the support that Raul and Rodri gave.
SOL also allows for a family bond that you won’t find in any other program! Our group of 12 began calling each other “SOLmates,” and really we were like a family. The day before I and another student left, Raul and his wife hosted a homemade lunch for all of us at their apartment as a way of saying goodbye. I really could not have asked for a more perfect way to end my time in Buenos Aires.
I can truly promise that you will be happy with your decision to study abroad in Buenos Aires with SOL. Not only is it the most cost-effective program, but much more importantly it provides an experience that truly is life changing. When going abroad, you are going to get out of the experience what you put into it- but SOL certainly makes it easy to make the very most of your time in Argentina. I am confident that I will keep in contact with Raul, Rodrigo and the students from our program for the rest of my life. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have had such a wonderful experience and I highly recommend this program for everyone!

Excellent immersion

Out of the countless great experiences I had during my trip, I enjoyed New Years Eve the most. I went with my host mom and other students living in our apartment to a party that our host mom's friends were throwing. It was a great way to meet locals and enjoy New Years Eve in a different country!

I chose Sol because it had a great two week package for study abroad in Buenos Aires. The prices were very reasonable and they had great customer service. The staff is very helpful and are willing to answer any questions.

I lived with a host mom who owned two different floors of an apartment building. She lived in the first floor and I lived in the sixth floor with my Sol roommate. She rented out all spare bedrooms to either other students in other study abroad programs, or just people who were working in Buenos Aires. This was great because I got to meet people from all around the world from different programs! My host mom was very nice and loved having interesting conversations with us.

An amazing experience with Sol Education

I studied with Sol Education in the Fall 2013 semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina. To be honest, I initially chose Sol because of the cost benefits along with the trips, but in retrospect I could not have chosen a better program to study with. My host stay was incredible and the trips that we went on with the program were amazing. I say we because my group of 13 other "Solmates" became a family during the semester. We talked with students from numerous other programs ranging from much larger (50-70 students) and smaller (3-8) and it really felt like we had the best program with the right amount of students. We were small enough that our director, Raul, could give us all personalized attention but also large enough to have a fun group of close friends.

Another aspect of Sol that was awesome was the almost immediate comfort that I felt living in Buenos Aires. My parents were nervous about having me stay in South America for so long, but all of the host families are incredible and the neighborhoods were very safe. Once again, after talking to other students in other programs we found that Sol's screening of host families was much more thorough and personal, resulting in a superior experience.

I would highly recommend Sol Education to anyone looking to study away in any of their locations. Not only is the program cheaper, but you get a more personalized experience with more included.

Winter Study Abroad in Buenos Aires

I am dying to go back to Argentina! I squeezed in a winter study abroad (after studying abroad in Milan, Italy) my senior year. If I could do it all over again, I would have at least studied abroad for a semester here with SolEducation. Everyone on the Sol staff is so friendly. I felt extremely safe in Buenos Aires because my director Raul was available 24/7. He always went out of his way. For example, when leaving the city to go back home, my departure was one day later than the other students. Raul came in the car to take me to the airport to make sure I got there safe and stood on line with me until I was checked in and all set.

When arriving in Buenos Aires, the only spanish I knew was Hola. When I left after 2.5 weeks I could form a sentence, which I was very happy about.

The students took a weekend trip to Mar del Plata on the beach which was a pleasant surprise, just like all of the other programs SolEducation had during my stay.

Don't cry for me, Argentina!

I could not recommend this program more. I was so incredibly pleased with the SOL staff and organization of the program. During my time here, I met students that used many different study abroad programs. I can easily say that SOL is by far the best because of all of the opportunities it has to offer outside of the classroom. I was in Argentina for only 5 weeks rather than a semester, but I did not miss out on any experiences that semester students have. I was so pleased with all of the excursions that SOL had to offer and this contributed to my learning immensely. I cannot say for sure if Argentina cried for me when I left, but I definitely cried for Argentina. This was a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and I am incredibly grateful that I did it with SOL.

Experience of a lifetime

Studying abroad is the best way to figure yourself out in a deeper level. You are forced to leave your comfort zone and attain a new sense of perception of the world we live in today. You make new lifelong friends and network all around the globe! I may be back in the States now but I am already planning to visit new friends in Italy for my next trip.

Sol Education gave me an opportunity to experience studying abroad in Buenos Aires unforgettable. Raul, our director, took care of us in a manner where we were able to emerge ourselves in the Argentine culture with no great diffuclty. He gave us great advices (such as purchasing a Sube card which is SUPER useful for transportation) in how to survive and meet new friends in a city we have no idea about. I love Raul!! And Sol Education!!

Buenos Aires!

I had a really great time exploring the beautiful city, taking classes and learning about the culture. I liked the freedom we had, but also enjoyed the organized excursions to specific places. Mate Club was a great way to practice speaking to locals. The directors were always there for whatever I needed.