Sol Education Abroad participants Sol Education Abroad participants

Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad Buenos Aires, Argentina

Best experience of my life

I cannot say enough about this trip. I came in with high expectations and by the end of all they were all shattered. This trip was as close to perfect as it could get for me. Not even halfway through my trip I realized that what I was experiencing was something great and that I would miss it all from the school, people, friends, host mom, social life, culture immersion, life lessons, and freedom. This truly was a life altering experience.

Buenos Aires through the eyes of a farmboy

What can I say about Buenos Aires. It's huge, it's beautiful, and the people are nicer than most people I have met in the USA. SOL's program is great, and I do not think there is a better program for the price. I can honestly say this trip changed my life and made me realize that past everything, people are not really that different, some just have different culture and language. As someone who was born in rural Indiana and never traveled further than Ohio, living in Buenos Aires for 4 months was like being thrown into the hornet's nest, but in a good way. It showed me multiple different perspectives of view and made me become self-reliant. On top of all this, every time I use Spanish now I have that slight porteño accent and use "che" and "boludo," which is always a conversation starter. This was one of those experiences where there truly are not words to describe it; the only thing I can do is recommend it wholeheartedly.

My Sol family

This program created a community and family-feel that amazing and quite an accomplishment to achieve for students who are in a totally new country. The staff and meticulous organization and care they provide you on the program surpassed expectations and has no comparison to other companies! Love Sol!

Buenos Aires experience

I had a wonderful experience with Sol Education Abroad. The program was very clear. The program adviser, Raul de la Mano, was excellent. I had tears in my eyes saying goodbye to him. It would be helpful if he was a little more tech savvy, as occasionally contacting him was troublesome. But nothing major, and it caused little problems. My host family was wonderful. I full on cried leaving them! Academia was a great school and I love their system. I would have liked to see how I was being graded however. I got B's when I expected A's. I feel that most of my grading was done by only one of my teachers who had me for only two weeks. It seems that it is largely up to their opinion of you that you are graded. There is no way for me to know if I am being graded fairly or consistently. As for safety, we were given plenty of warnings about pickpockets, but we were not warned about the Subte (subway). I and my Sol-mate were inappropriately touched by a man, and neither of us were prepared for this possibility and we did not know what to do while in the situation. Social life was enjoyable for some but not as much for me, as most of the students there were under the US drinking age and only wanted to go to clubs and bars at 2 in the morning to take advantage of the 18 year drinking age in Argentina. I enjoyed shopping with my host mom. The cultural immersion was a great experience and I learned so much. I would have learned more had my Sol-mates agreed to speaking in Spanish with each other. They were against it. I enjoyed the freedom and the scheduled activities. There was a good mix of the two. Overall it was wonderful, and I would recommend it and Raul and Beatriz to anyone!

Best experience of my life

Without a doubt in my mind studying abroad to Buenos Aires, Argentina with Sol was the greatest experience of my life. I am also convinced that Sol is one of the better programs if not the best program to travel abroad with. Sol provided me with everything I needed and even more. Not only is Sol one of the cheapest programs but they also give you more experiences and help than some of the other more expensive programs. There is also a sense of friendship and family with Sol that your program director will help create.

Go Argentina

The Sol Education Abroad program is a solid program. The experience is priceless and offers a wide array of cultural activities and excursions. This is a program that you will glad to be included in. Excellent, professional staff, along with fun and education, make this a study abroad program that is well worth it!

Study abroad success with Sol Study Abroad

I absolutely loved every part of my experience in Buenos Aires, Argentina with SOL study abroad!!! It was worth every second. I would highly recommend this opportunity to anyone, and I would gladly share the many experiences I had abroad that will forever enrich my life.

Buenos Aires Intensive Spanish Language program

Best experience of my life. So much fun, so many adventures, and so many amazing friends. Didn't love the way the program ran in BA, disorganized and I never felt well informed. Cultural activities that were promised were not followed through with.

Food, Friends and Fun

Doing a study abroad semester in Argentina with Sol Education was an unforgettable experience. The fun started right away and never ended. I met some of the most amazing and friendly people who I shared the opportunity of eating the most delicious steak and Italian influenced cuisine. Argentina was like nowhere else and had a little of everything you could ever imagine.

Argentina: The trip you couldn't even imagine!

Key points
The academics of this program were most definitely intensive, we covered more in a day than I would have in a month at school back home, the teachers were there to help, as long as you asked in spanish! :)
My program leader had all of us program his number into our phones immediately when we arrived, and could be at any place at any time if a student needed help. If there was a smaller issue a quick text away was a quick and helpful answer.
I LOVED! my homestay! I will admit at first I wanted my own place when I saw it was an option, I have everyone to thank for not letting me do that! My house mother was the nicest woman ive ever met and was there for me and my three roommates at any given time. Yes, that even means getting spoon fed chicken noodle soup on a sick day off school! The house was in a great location and incredibly comfortable. A home away from home.
I am the pickiest eater of them all, so a 5 star sounds impossible but the food blew my tastebuds away! the home meals, the resturants/local food, and yes even the school food. I never once went a day not feeling completely stuffed.
After living in any city for a month you start to feel integrated, I knew my way around subways and buses and the major neighborhoods of the city by the time I was done! No help necessary. The language barrier was the only reason I couldn't quite ever feel too welcomed. Besides that I now feel as I wouldnt mind living there as a local one day and I could talk about the culture for hours, as it is so different from my own.
One day I felt very sick, feverish and just too weak to get to school. Without even having to notify my housemother who spoke no english, she realized I was not well and kept me in bed all day giving me proper medications after asking if I was allergic to anything. We made the good call to wait until the end of the day to head to the doctor and lucky for me whatever I was given helped enough and I was good to go by the next day with no doctor needed, and my program director and parents were already notified of my illness before I even got the chance to do it myself.
I almost never felt unsafe. I had a safe wonderful trip but the only thing to watch out for was pickpocketers, a couple kids on the trip had items taken in common public places without noticing for a while.
The school more than prepared me, the only thing they did not do was tell me how to not be so excited! Not a bad thing at all :)

The Best Experience of My Life

I can honestly give my experience with Sol Education Abroad "10s" across the board. All of the onsite directors were incredible, and I made friendships that will last a lifetime. But even more amazing than all of the lasting memories that I made is the fact that my ability to speak Spanish improved immensely. I practically came back from my trip fluent, and I cannot even begin to say how much I benefit from it every day in my life. Going abroad opened new doors for me and I will be forever grateful. I highly recommend studying abroad to anyone considering it -- it will definitely be the time of your life.

Winter Session in Buenos Aires

My best advice is to study abroad here for longer than I did. Buenos Airies is filled with culture, friendly people, amazing nightlife and has a good location to travel to other beautiful places in South America.

I signed up to study abroad solo but felt secure during my time there due to the friendly and always available staff at SolEducation. From my warming senora during my home stay, to my motivational teachers in class, to the most genuine director (Raul) I have encountered; the people abroad made my memories abroad to last a lifetime.

The Sol Education Abroad Program In Costa...

The Sol Education Abroad program in Costa Rica has met and exceeded my expectations. The program director, Janiva Cifuentes-Hiss, has been totally available from the start of the process, from helping with the financial arrangements to sending us a list of what and what not to pack. She met my daughter at the airport and took her to meet her host family. There were orientation activities planned to allow the students to become familiar with the school and each other. The director maintains an office on the university grounds, and is always available to answer questions and solve problems.

But what makes the Sol Education program really stand out, are the excursions and activities. Nearly every weekend, there is some planned activity to get the students together. They have visited volcanoes and rain forests and wildlife reserves. They have been snorkeling, hiking, ziplining, shopping and dancing. They have picked coffee and learned a bit about local cooking. These students are getting much more than academics, they are really learning about the life and culture of this amazing country.

I Highly Recommend Sol Education Abroad....

I highly recommend Sol Education Abroad. I had a terrific time in Buenos Aires, and much of what made my experience so extraordinary was the director in B.A., Adriana, and the host mother with whom I lived. My experience living with my host family was wonderful. I learned so much. I felt taken care of and safe. I laughed a lot, and cried when I left.

Adriana, the diretor in B.A. is an exceptional person. She works tirelessly to make sure that you're completely safe, secure, and happy. Perhaps, more importantly, she is one of my favorite people to be around generally speaking. She's warm, funny, and genuine. She's just a lovely human being.

The excursions made the experience particularly enlightening and fun. It was great to get out of the city sometimes and experience different aspects of the culture. The excursion to Iguazu is one of my favorite memories---not of the trip---of my life.

In attending school at U. of Belgrano, I met people from various programs. The more people I met and the more stories I heard, the more grateful I became for the program I was in. People definitely had some horror stories and many were not having wonderful experiences because they were there with programs who had abandoned them or who weren't readily available. I was grateful mostly to Sol because I felt secure.

I hope this helps.
Have fun in Buenos Aires! Absorb. Enjoy.

The Sol Education Abroad Office And Staff...

The Sol Education Abroad office and staff answered every question with a very friendly phone call!

I Had An Amazing Time In Oaxaca. I Have Already...

I had an amazing time in Oaxaca. I have already decided that I am going back right away after graduating and am going to stay there!!! Sol Abroad has been amazing and I will definitely recommend it to other people.

The experience was even better than what I had hoped for. I have already decided that I am going back!

This Program Was Efficient, Organized, And...

This program was efficient, organized, and informative. It provided activities, a wonderful host family, practice in speaking Spanish, affordable, and it showed the culture and beautiful country of Costa Rica. Our daughter loved it!

Sol Is The Best!!!!

I absolutely loved studying abroad with Sol Education Abroad. In fact,I loved it so much that I am going to be studying with them again this summer. They were very helpful and communicative with all of their students. I always felt safe and knew that if I had a problem I would be taken care of. I met amazing people and not only learned a lot about Argentina and Spanish but about myself as well.

Abroad In Argentina

I had a wonderful time in Argentina. I learned so much while I was there. The program director was great! He was able to assist me with any questions that I had. My host family was wonderful as well. It was the perfect match for me, and I felt as if I was family to them. Each day while I was in Argentina there were many activities planned in which I loved and looked forward too. The great thing about my trip abroad was exploring a whole new culture and enriching my speaking and writing of Spanish in which I did. I highly recommend Sol Education when studying abroad their the best!!

A Wonderful Summer With Sol!

I had an absolutely amazing time studying abroad in Argentina this past summer with SOL. I did two four week summer sessions at the University of Belgrano in Buenos Aires. I was able to greatly improve my Spanish while earning upper division credit at my home university. The classes were small and very personal. The school was within walking distance of my house. While the classes were very helpful, the most valuable aspect of the program to improving my Spanish was living with a host family. My host family was absolutely AMAZING! They immediately made me one of the family and were extremely patient, helpful, and kind. Two months living with them greatly helped me learn more and practice my second language. I'm not sure there are words to express my gratitude for them.

Sol, especially my local director, did a fantastic job setting up activities and trips for the group that allowed me to get a full picture of Buenos Aires. Unlike many of the larger study abroad programs, Sol's limited size allows it to take its students an numerous excursions and trips. A few times a week we would go out as a group after school and visit the city's sites, go to concerts, cooking classes, sporting events, etc...My director was always open to suggestions and anything someone in the group wanted to do, he would make happen. I liked having activities and trips planned out for me; I was able to see and experience things that I otherwise would not have been able to do or, most likely, would not have even known about.I especially liked the weekend trips we took to places like Igauzu and Colonia. Since Sol has you pay in advance, you spent practically nothing out of pocket when you are go anywhere with Sol, unless you are buying souvenirs.

I highly recommend this program to anyone who is thinking about going abroad. I looked at a lot of other programs before choosing Sol. Not only is it the most affordable one I could find, it has the most to offer in terms of ensuring you get as much as possible out of your experience. I met so many wonderful people and formed so many unforgettable memories. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer.

Experiencing Buenos Aires With Sol Education

I studied abroad in Argentina last summer in Summer Session 2 with Sol. I definitely recommend this program. It is one of the cheapest study abroad programs that I found when I did my research. It includes so much. It is a great deal versus other programs that I read about. Not only do you get to go on excursions with your group, receive academic credit, and the opportunity to live with a host family, but you also get to do different cultural activities during the week with the program. For example, my director was open to suggestions as to what exactly the group wanted to do, and we went to a rugby game, danced tango at a Milonga, and went to a cooking class, to name a few. They were so much fun and added to our experience.

In addition, our directors were really nice and paid for our dinners and lunches whenever we went out as a group. They were very helpful and always there for you when you needed them. I also loved my teachers at the Univerisdad de Belgrano in Buenos Aires. They are probably considered the best Spanish teachers I've ever had. I love the fact that they only spoke Spanish in class, but if you needed help with a word or phrase in Spanish they could easily translate it for you in English. I honestly think that is the best way to learn a language. Be immersed in it and talk less of your own native language.

So if you plan on studying abroad consider Sol. I recommend going to Argentina too if you want to learn Spanish. Very different Spanish culture from other Hispanic countries, but it is so cool :) Argentina is like what others say. It is the Paris of South America.

They Will Change Your Life!

They will change your life. You will return home a different person with a different perspective. More than I expected, the nicest and most passionate director possible.

Nothing Could Be Better!

You couldn't find a better program for their needs. It made traveling and adjusting to the culture shock painless and helped me to see more and learn more of the culture and country than I ever could have done on my own. When I left for Argentina, I wasn't very comfortable speaking and I only understood if the other person spoke extremely slow. Now, I have much more confidence and even if I make a mistake, it doesn't bother me. I’m much more comfortable in looking for opportunities to practice my Spanish and I’m not near as self-conscious as I was.

I Was Apprehensive At First, But Astounded By The End!

I randomly stumbled upon Sol online, as my University does not promote this particular program. I am so blessed that I did because overall I was extremely impressed. I would highly recommend the Sol Education Abroad program to anyone. The communication between the program administration and myself before, during, and after the program was very useful as I felt very prepared and comfortable. The activities the program planned helped me to immerse myself into the culture very well and learn all kinds of things. I do wish though when we were within our group that we were forced to speak Spanish to each other more. A lot more English was conversed than I expected, but overall I was satisfied with my learning of Spanish. I had the time of my life and grew so much as a person. I made lifelong friends that I will cherish dearly! Please give Sol a shot as you get so much for your money! :)

Excellent Immersion Experience!

I participated in a two week program in Buenos Aires, Argentina with the help of Sol Education Abroad and it was a great opportunity to apply my prior knowledge of Spanish into a real world environment. As a Spanish major, this experience helped me to challenge myself while having fun at the same time. The program organizes interesting excursions every week that are included and it is highly recommended to take advantage of them. Everyone through Sol was very helpful and friendly and I endorse this program for students looking to study abroad!