Sol Abroad participants Sol Abroad participants

Sol Abroad: High School Study Abroad Program in Mexico

Wonderful Experience for a High School Student

Our son spent four weeks in Oaxaca in the summer of 2015. He loved the food, other students, his host family, the classes, and excursions. We were extremely satisfied and highly recommend Sol Abroad.

Life changing decision

Sol Abroad is a program that changed my life, a study abroad program that I will never forget and always be able to thank for an introduction into a different lifestyle, an incredible new culture and another language. My time in Mexico taught me not only how to try new things and accept new ideas, but also how to experience everything to its fullest potential and truly treasure every moment. I spent a month in Mexico with some of the most incredible people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. These people were able to teach me about the inside of the city. My host family demonstrated overwhelming hospitality and generosity and not one negative thought passed my mind in the entirety of my trip. If I had the chance to do it again, I would do it a thousand times exactly the same way. I love Oaxaca and I love Sol Abroad for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. My Spanish improved in bounds and the satisfaction of having a legitimate conversation with someone in a language foreign to my own is the most rewarding experience imaginable. If anyone ever questions if studying abroad is the right choice, my answer is YES YES YES and go with Sol Abroad. They are easy to work with, respond to all of your questions in a timely matter and they will accommodate all of your needs quickly and efficiently.

My Experience with Sol Abroad Oaxaca

I traveled with Sol Abroad Oaxaca for the first three weeks of August this year. I had a fantastic time: my family was very friendly, the food was delicious, and there was a group cultural activity every afternoon. Additionally, I had sufficient down time to explore Oaxaca on my own. My only complaint is that I found the Spanish classes to be to easy. I would have preferred more challenging classes.

Simply wonderful

Know that sol abroad does a phenomenal job in showing you a new culture. I've learned so much about Mexican culture while I've been here. My Spanish has taken leaps and bounds from the constant practice. I've also learned phrases in Spanish that only native Spanish speakers would know. When I first arrived everyone was nervous and shy, but now no one wants to leave. I've made great friends who I plan to keep in touch with. In addition to friends from the program, I've met many locals who are not only kind beyond belief but have made conversing in Spanish second nature to me. From the fantastic teachers at the university to the wide array of culture activities, I can honestly say I have no regrets about my study abroad experience.

• The Campus

A leg up

International experience is the greatest option you can pursue, not only for your acedmic career, but your personal development. The leasons you learn while abroad will go with you for the rest of your life in whatever career you choose. We are living in an increasingly global world and is important more than ever to have knowladge and experience beyond your own country borders. Sol Abroad has given me this knowladge and eperience to a level, I did not expect, and I am excited to see where this experience will take me. The culture in Latin America is like none other. Your stay with a host family will be the most rewarding part of your trip as the family will make you feel like you are part of their family not simply a guest. Sol Education's program had the perfect mix of academic education, guided cultural adventures, while still giving you plenty of time to explore the culture and country on your own.

Daughter in Oaxaca

This was my daughter's first travel experience alone. She loved the trip and felt completely safe and comfortable while in Mexico. Her host family was warm and welcoming. She very much enjoyed the food.
She returned home much more confident in speaking Spanish to people. Worthwhile trip.

• The Campus

Adventure of a Lifetime

I can not put into words the joy that I have gained through this study abroad experience. I have explored a new place, have met lifelong friends, and have made some fantastic memories-- all while learning loads of Spanish. The program that SOL Education offers is the perfect balance of culture, academics, and fun. I would highly recommend SOL to anyone hoping to advance their Spanish abilities, no matter where you are starting from.