Vietnam: Can Tho, Da lat, Da nang and 5 other cities
The Smaller Earth Teach Abroad in Vietnam program will find a teacher placement for all participants after successful completion of your TEFL course and orientation period. During the placement, you will receive accommodation, Vietnamese lessons, a monthly stipend of approximately 300 USD, and a support network.
Age and Required Experience
* Minimum 19 years old
* Completion of high school (with good grades, 18 year olds may be considered)
* Native English speaker or advanced level
* Experience working with children
* University degree preferred
* Mature, Flexible, and ability to adapt to changes
* Good communication skills
* Travel Experience a plus
* Must submit a background check and complete medical form
There are two start dates in 2013 - January 19 and March 8.
To apply, you will need to provide a reference, proof of diploma (high school or college), and a copy of your passport. We will then set up an interview with our partner in Vietnam to formally accept your placement.
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Cost in US$:
Program Fees Include:
Airport pick-up; 4 week TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; food and accommodation included during TEFL course; Vietnamese lessons; Guaranteed Teacher placement; Accommodation during teacher placement
300 USD monthly stipend; accommodation provided
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 3-5 during teacher placement
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Job and Internship Network
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home