Smaller Earth participants Smaller Earth participants

Summer Camp in America

• Professional Development

If I could go every year I would!

When I first applied I was very unsure whether camp was what I wanted to do but the Camp Leaders team ensured me that I'd have an amazing summer, and helped me with every step of the process to make sure I was comfortable with it all. Now I have just applied to my 3rd summer at my camp in Massachusetts and it has honestly the best thing I have ever done. Yes the pay isn't great your first year but the amount of experiences and friendships you gain are priceless. If you are thinking about it, I'd say to just go for it, you won't regret a second of it!

• Professional Development

If you're unsure then give them a call

If you're unsure whether summer camp is for you then just give the Camp Leaders team a call. They have all been to camp and are able to give you all the information you need. On top of this they make the visa process simple and have lots of tips to make the most out of your travel period.

• Professional Development

I wouldn't go with anyone else

I've been through Camp Leaders, Smaller Earth now for 3 years, planning on going back for my 4th.
I remember my first summer and how nervous I was. Not only were Camp Leaders at the end of the phone to answer every call but they helped me get placed and really focused on my skills and which camp was best for me.
Their customer service was impeccable and I felt like the team I was with (turtles) had really gotten to know me and I knew them. The visa process seemed stressful but they supplied me with a real handy document which helped me every step of the way. They even arrived at my appointment to check all my documents!!
I absolutely love this company and everything they've helped me accomplish over the past 3 years, my whole camp experience is one which I shout to the rooftops about but I don't believe I'd of had the confidence if it wasn't for the awesome customer service which they provided!!

Third times a charm!

I went through Camp Leaders 3 years in a row to work at a summer camp in America. It is the most amazing experience I ever had and I keep coming back for more.

Two incredible summers!

I have been to camp with Camp Leaders twice now, and have spend two incredible summers in the United States. This gave me the change to develop my skills, meet people from all over the world (there were about 30 different nationalities on my camp and travel all over the USA.

I would like to thank Smaller Earth for the opportunity. Seriously, you guys are awesome!

The best time ever

Really great people that help you along and support you the whole way. This made it a lot easier to travel and I will definitely be using these in the future. Best time of tiny life.. so far! I will be looking to do the same next summer and wouldn't change company!

My camp leaders experience

Thanks to Camp Leaders I had a fantastic summer this year at camp. From when I started my application all the staff were so helpful and informative which helped the application process go smoothly. The office were always friendly and happy to help anytime I phoned no matter what my questions were. Applying through Camp Leaders helped me to get placed at a camp that provided me with a great experience and allowed me to get the job I wanted to do. I would highly recommend for anyone to apply through camp leaders.

My summers in the USA with Camp Leaders

Going to a summer camp in NY was the best decision I ever made, I had always seen them in the movies (parent trap and Adams family) and desperately wanted to go! Going to summer camp was everything I had expected and so so much more. Camp Leaders helped me find a perfect camp and allowed me to return after for another 5 years. I am so grateful that they understood so much, from my needs to helping me with everything, they were spot on. Their passion and pride made was the reason I chose to go with Camp Leaders after being recommended by a friend. They are brilliant. 100% would recommend to everyone - and I do!!

• Professional Development

An experience I repeated year upon year!

Looking back on my 5 summers working in American Summer Camps I cannot fault Camp Leaders in helping me get back to Camp time and time again. The staff were nothing but passionate about Camp and understood where my worries, concerns were coming from and could relate to my experience (from the first Camp in 2011 to my most recent in 2015).

Thinking about going to Camp even in the slightest? Call Camp Leaders, you'll never regret it!

• Professional Development

A travel experience that helped me discover more

I travelled to a Summer Camp in Southern California with Camp Leaders, they helped me through some difficult paperwork and were always friendly on the phone, and welcoming when going into their office. The camp I got placed at was beautiful and huge. They had lots of activities on camp (pool, sports field, climbing, and gym) and off camp on my days off I could go to the beach or hike in the local area. Whilst the pay wasn't great in my first year the experience and friendships I made were priceless and for what I paid the memories are unforgettable.
Whilst sometimes the process of applying seemed very daunting once I started they helped me over the phone and gave me lots of tips to get me a great summer job working in a media department at camp. There are lots of other roles at camp which I then learnt too. Since this, I have recommended this program to several other friends who have each gone to other camps and loved it too. If you enjoy being around people, working with children and the great outdoors, then Go FOR IT!

• Professional Development

Five summers of a lifetime with the Leaders

I had heard of Camp Leaders through my cousin, after checking out some other companies. Those companies just did not seem right for me, so I got in touch with Camp Leaders. It is hands down the best decision I ever made. After half a day at camp I knew I had found my home away from home. I have done five summers at the same camp with Camp Leaders now and the service has always been amazing. They take care of everything for you, from start to finish. You can't work at a camp with out a company like this helping you with the visa, which I knew nothing about, so it really takes the pressure off. My camp is stunning and I still am in touch every single day with my campers, who are like my own family. I can't speak enough about the life changing properties of this program - it even changed my career path. So, if you're going to do it, go with the Leaders.