Smaller Earth participants Smaller Earth participants

Get TEFL Certified in Prague & Teach Abroad

Choose Smaller Earth!

Choosing Smaller Earth to get my TEFL certification was the best decision I made! Smaller Earth provided a very welcoming atmosphere and a well constructed school day. I did not expect that I would be having my own private lessons within the first week of the course and teaching an entire class by the beginning of the second week. The school day started with grammar and methodology taught by Martha, who is an all-around amazing teacher! By the afternoon, we were planning our lessons for the week and teaching that night. While the course is fast-paced, it prepares you thoroughly and allows each student to gain plenty of hands-on experience before graduating from the program. Before the course is even completed, the staff is incredibly helpful with helping each student find housing, prepare for jobs and staying connected with previous graduates through social events! If you are considering going abroad to be apart of an entire new world full of adventure and experience, Smaller Earth is the best place to begin your journey!

• Academic Support

Best program, best staff!

Choosing Hello Academies to gain my TEFL certification in Prague was one of the best decisions of my life! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The course is intensive, but I never felt overwhelmed because Martha and the other staff members were always there to provide assistance and advice. I made new friends, experienced a beautiful culture, and gained a certification that will open up countless doors in the future!

• Academic Support

Don't hesitate - choose Smaller Earth!

I said it many times during the program, but choosing Smaller Earth to get TEFL certified was the best decision I made to kickstart the process of becoming an English teacher. I truly believe that Martha has prepared me in such a way that is undeniable. I am completely indebted to her! Her 6 years of experience as a teacher have truly helped me and I feel as though I can tackle on any problematic classroom situations that may occur because of her.

Martha notes your progress and correct any mistakes/errors that you make while teaching with professionalism. There is so much positivity circulating in her classroom which is one of the main reasons why I now feel confident in my teaching abilities. It was a very humbling and eye-opening experience for me.

The classes are intensive and long, but necessary and worth it. You have to dedicate yourself to it and give it your full attention. If you feel as though you're stressed, Martha is more than willing to help you. I could not have done it without her encouragement. The homework is manageable and serves its purpose. The mandatory teaching lessons can be intimidating, but as long as your lesson plan is solid you'll be fine. I credit the feedback that I received after every lesson because I understood what I needed to work on and what I wanted to continue to excel in. You learn a lot during the 4 weeks, but Martha does her best to review every lesson over the course. Despite that, you have to retain the information yourself... you are still a student.

All in all, this program is the best out there because of Martha. I respect her so much and I know I can ask her anything even after the program has ended. Give it a chance. You'll grow as a person and as a teacher once the month-long program/training is over. Guaranteed.

TEFL Prague

The course was an intense experience, but the staff was very helpful and supportive throughout the process. There were times when I was struggling with the course material and the staff was there to give me the encouragement I needed to make it through successfully. It was definitely a great experience and I would recommend the course to others.

Hello Academies also provided housing while in Prague during the length of the course. This was essential and really helped with the transition to a foreign country.

Prague is an amazing city and I am lucky to have completed this course and left it with not only a certificate but connections to the other students who participated in the course alongside of me!

• Academic Support

Fantastic but intensive experience!

I signed up for this course without really knowing what to expect or what I wanted to do with the qualification once I obtained it. I knew I wanted to gain a TEFL qualification at some point and I was considering doing it once I had finished my degree. But when I found this course I thought it would be too good of an opportunity to let pass by. The intensive four weeks meant that I could do it in the summer between studying without having to take time off. As it runs all year round it means you can do the course when it best suits you.

Throughout the time of study the staff were helpful and encouraging. The course was well organised, the modules were all relevant and the hands on experience gave us the opportunity to apply the skills we had learned into the classroom. I really felt my skills developing throughout the course as my confidence grew.

Prague is a beautiful city with so much to do. The food, culture, nightlife and the events that hello academies organise are also good fun too.

Even though I chose not to stay in Prague I'm so glad I did this course as I now feel prepared to go and teach anywhere in the world. Just go for it!

What an experience!

I have recently completed my TEFL in Prague with Hello Academies and I can't speak more highly of them. The course was fabulous. It was well organised, motivating, hands on and I was given great support throughout. The staff at Hello Academies made each day a positive and rewarding one.

Furthermore, Prague is an absolute gem of a city. I fell in love with it. The food, culture, attractions and safe environment made the time I spent there even more enjoyable.

I highly recommend this course to everyone! Not only has this helped me to develop professionally as a teacher, but it has also opened up my mind to greater opportunities that I may never have considered. Life is too short, so why not give it a go? !!

Thanks again Hello Academies! :-)

• Academic Support

How to set up as a TEFL teacher

This was a great course. It was fast, insightful, and inspiring. I feel ready to teach English just after graduating. The teachers in the TEFL course are some of the best you can find. You meet amazing people and set yourself up for great opportunities in the future.

• Academic Support

The best way to set up as a TEFL teacher

Throughout this intensive course every member of staff was so supportive and fun. They make you laugh no matter what help you need.
Intensive Tefl courses can be stressful but this team will handle everything from housing, doctors, grammar, lesson planning, class management to a possible episode of self doubt.
I cannot recommend this course highly enough. All my group who stayed a week from graduating have good jobs and housing, those who didn't stay are kicking themselves for not staying.
Martha in particular is an amazing teacher in a multitude of ways and I feel so lucky to have learnt for her. Rebecca is so much fun and so caring. Shannon's feedback and comments are on point.
If you're considering it this course is worth its weight in gold, do it!
You meet so many interesting people and learn a hell of a lot.

Amazing experience

I had no idea what to expect when I first signed up for the program and honestly I was pretty trepidatious. However, within the first week of my arrival I felt completely at ease and really enjoyed myself. The people who work for the program are all super friendly and helpful people and the other people taking the course were great and I got along with all of them.
Overall, it was a brilliant four weeks and I wouldn't change a minute of it. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of hard work, but it's definitely worth it!

Best decision ever!

It’s been a year since I took Hello academies TEFL course and I can still say it has been the best decision I have ever made. Before moving to Prague, I had no idea what I was going to do with my career so I packed my bags and decided to get TEFL certified. The moment I arrived in the accommodation that they provided us, I instantly felt welcomed into their Hello Academies family. The graduates from the course before me reached out to me and my fellow trainees and took us out to a pub and then to see the city the first weekend I was there. The amazing Smaller Earth staff and our TEFL trainer, Martha, were amazing the entire 4-weeks of the course, as well as after. They really wanted each of us to succeed and enjoy our time in Prague. If you are at a point in your life where you are unsure of what to do, I definitely recommend getting your TEFL certification with Hello Academies. It will be an intensive 4-weeks, but it’s all worth it in the end!

A great experience

I had a great experience here. I made awesome friends and the staff are very supportive. They will help you find a place to live and a job after you graduate. Also, the classes are small so you don't feel like you are lost in a crowd of TEFL trainees. The course is tough, but doable. I highly recommend Hello Academies.

• Academic Support

An opening to a whole new world

From the moment they greet you at the airport, the Smaller Earth team make you feel as if you are that long lost cousin they've been waiting to have visit. The small class sizes mean that you not only receive an extraordinary amount of help with course work, but more importantly you have the opportunity to have +15 hours of practical teaching experience. With staff who have worked world wide in a number of capacities and who have all achieved their TEFL certificates, there isn't anyone better to learn of and work with. By far the highlight of this course is the Alumni - they are life long friends you just haven't met yet. This course was by far one of the best decisions I have made and had increased my knowledge, experience and diversity as a teacher back in the real world. Look no further!

Fantastic

Fantastic course. Combines a personable approach, in giving students the opportunity to get to meet the course's alumni, with a level of academic study. All the staff at the course take pride in the company, and this is reflected in their desire to give students a great experience.
If there are any unforeseen issues, or even ones that you need a bit of help with, you can be assured that you will receive immediate support.
Accommodation and classroom facilities are impeccable. The level of support I received persuaded me to stay! Thanks everyone smile emoticon

So fun and helpful

I love this program and everyone on staff. They're super supportive, and have been so fun and helpful the whole way through. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone that wanted to meet wonderful people, and have new doors opened for them to travel.

Amazing course!

Amazing course! Entire staff was extremely helpful in every way imaginable. Even those who were not directly related to TEFL course. Wouldn't hesitate to lend a hand with anything you would need and were extremely accommodating. Made me feel completely at home even though I'm half a world away. Would recommend this course to anyone in a heartbeat. Fantastic program with an even better group of people running it

Rewarding!

This was very difficult and rewarding. The people that run the program have really gone above and beyond the call of duty to help us with everything we needed in this transitional time in our lives. Money well spent.

Where strangers become family

If you think taking that first step is the right thing to do - then do it, but don't think that you're ever going to be alone. What may seem an individualistic programme, is actually an intense course that pulls at every fibre of your being. But what you get out of it, is more than just a piece of paper. As I committed myself to this course, Smaller Earth's "Hello Academy" was on board with me every step of the way, from the moment I made my decision, left my home country (NZ) and as soon as I arrived into my new homeland. From start to finish this course is challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. You meet a lot of amazing people, you make amazing connections and friends, you're supported by a great group of Alumni, and instantly you have a family that love, cares and supports you all the way...100%

• Academic Support

Get out of your comfort zones.

Trust me, you will thank yourself later. :) TEFL Course in Prague is truly amazing and life-changing experience. From the beginning of your interest until your graduation you have a marvelous support from friendly and qualified staff who can help you literally with everything. In the beginning I was frightened to teach other people but I gave it a try, exceed my comfort zones and my life got better on many levels. I have met so many perfect people here, students, co-teachers and made lifelong friends. Also you get the chance to live in a foreign country and the most beautiful city I have ever seen. Prague is really magical, school and housing is in a downtown surrounded with many cool places and restaurants. I believe that travelling and getting to know new cultures is the best education you can get so ...Life is short, go and live it!

• Academic Support

The best possible experience!

I wanted to have the best possible experience teaching English in a foreign country, and that is why I chose Hello Academies. There is no better start for your adventure than this program. Everything they offered (an intensive, accredited course, practice teaching, job search help, housing and visa assistance) made it an easy choice for me.

And after taking the course, I couldn't be more happy with it! They do all of that and so much more. I had never taught before, but the course is well-designed with an experienced instructor encouraging you the whole way. I felt more than prepared after taking this course and was able to find a job immediately after graduating - woohoo!

The entire Hello Academies staff is ALWAYS so willing to help with anything. They are friendly, thoughtful, and genuinely want the best for you. Even months after graduating, I feel comfortable reaching out to them with questions about teaching, Prague, traveling, etc. They are awesome.
I have so many nice things to say about Hello Academies. I highly, highly, highly recommend them if you are looking for a great program that cares and wants help to make your experience amazing.

• Academic Support

Lifelong memories and impactful training

I got my TEFL certificate from Hello Academies in August and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in teaching abroad. The training was a great (although challenging) month and prepared me more than I could have imagined. Beyond the actual training and TEFL course, they also helped me find a flat and get a job in Prague (within a week of finishing the program). The entire staff at Hello Academies has been incredibly helpful and I still feel comfortable emailing them with questions about teaching or life in Prague.

TEFL - Prague

This program gave me 24/7 support help before, during, and after the course. I learned every aspect of English grammar and language which helped me receive job offers within days of finishing the course. Along with learning more in-depth about the English language, we received practice each night by teaching to adults our own lessons.

There were also many different events that this programs include like sporting games or my favorite pub night! Prague was never one of my top places to go but after being there for just a couple weeks, it is simply one of my favorite places I have ever traveled to.

• Academic Support

The world is your lobster....

Don't know what to do with your life? Join the club!

Having applied to do this because I didn't have anything planned after university, I had the feeling that if I done this I could just delaying growing up that little bit longer. In all honesty I wasn't expecting it to change my life so much.

Now because of the course, I am working with children in a school activity centre playing games, sports and arts and crafts. I feel even less grown up than I was before I came here, with the plan of growing up.

The course is intense, stressful and hard work, but don't let that put you off. This is what makes it all worth while and at the end it's more than a TEFL certificate. Its an experience (life changing for me).

You will meet new people from all over the world, from all walks of life. These "people" I met are now friends for life, what more can you want.

You get the chance to live in Prague. Yes Prague. An amazing city.

To sum it all up......just go for it......then you try sum it all up yourself in a couple of paragraphs for the next person

• Academic Support

Hello academies, amazing experience!!!!

I did my TEFL through Hello academies in ocober 2014 and absolutely loved every minute of it! The course was very full on but was well worth it and was no more than we could manage. The experience was amazing I met some awesome people who I've kept in touch with since then and learnt a lot both about myself and about how to teach. The course gave me the necessary practice, experience and skills to develop and I now feel I have the ability to go further with this.
The co-ordinator of the course is really friendly and helpful, giving as much support as required and helping with settling into Prague both for the course and afterwards. the teacher helped with work, giving feedback as we went along so we could develop and improve further.
I absolutely loved doing this course and would recommend it to everyone! If you are debating doing it, just go for it!!! It is sooooo worth it!!!!! AMAZING!!

• Academic Support

Changing my life by teaching the world

I spent July 2014 getting my TEFL certificate with Hello Academies. The course was intense but nothing that we couldn't handle, and every day was interesting. We spent each day learning how to teach and each evening putting those lessons into practice with our own Czech students, who were so lovely.

The program co ordinator on the course takes fantastic care of you and will support you through everything, because they have been through the course before and know exactly how you feel.

Prague is such a beautiful place and there really is nothing better than gaining hands on teaching experience in a foreign country - it really prepares you for the real thing.

Non-native Speaker Experience

When I got my bachelor's degree in January, I was sure I still need to work on myself to get a well paid job. However, I knew I did not want to continue my education at university. For this reason I decided to take TEFL course here in Prague instead and I gotta say I will never ever regret this decision.

TEFL course gave me exactly what I expected - a lot of useful theoretical information concerning teaching and work with various levels of students, as well as many hours of practice. By the end of the course I had finished 13 lesson of English teaching - where else can you get this in just 4 weeks? :) :) :)

I also had a chance to become friends with many English teachers who work here in Prague. It means that anytime I need a piece of advice, or just want to hang out with people who have similar interests, I know who I can ask :)