SIT Study Abroad participant SIT Study Abroad participant

South Africa: Social and Political Transformation

Changed my life

My most memorable experience was living with my host family in a small rural town and learning the children's dreams and fears.

I chose because it fit perfectly with what I was studying at school.

There are three different home stays- an urban Zulu family, a rural Zulu family and an urban Coloured or Indian family and then the last month is spent living with peers wherever you'd like. Many students live in apartments on the beach front.

Changed my life

I chose this program because It fit perfectly with what I was studying at school.

There are three different homestays- an urban Zulu family, a rural Zulu family and an urban Coloured or Indian family and then the last month is spent living with peers wherever you'd like. Many students live in apartments on the beach front.

Absolutely amazing program

This program changed my life. It shows you a very different walk of life and truly expands your world view. The staff is amazing, the program is amazing and the country is amazing. Highly highly recommended.

Covers a large span but doesn't go very deep into any specific area

You have to be willing to do home stays, but if you go in with an open mind they are by far the most impactful part of studying abroad.

overall well-organized

The program is overall well organized and really aimed at cultural immersion. My homestays were a crucial and amazing part of my experience.

Cape Town is the greatest city in the world. I gained a lot of perspective.