SIT Study Abroad participant SIT Study Abroad participant

South Africa: Multiculturalism and Human Rights

Less time in classes, more experiences

This program was no academic in the sense that the actual in-classroom time was not all that frequent and no extremely structured. I think some SIT programs can have vigorous academic components -- but it varies. But because we didn't spend so much time in classes -- we were able to learn more than I ever thought possible about people and the culture and the state of public health in South Africa.

It was an extremely valuable experience.

If you want to study social change go to Bolivia!

SIT Bolivia in Cocha is fantastic. The program directors are great, homestays were great experiences (if not you could move, no problem). The focus on the program theme was great & I REALLY enjoyed my independent study project - I'm doing an honors on it now!

Cultural Immersion in South Africa

I had a life-changing study abroad experience in Cape Town, South Africa. Living with four different families over the course of four months was the highlight of the trip as I learned more about South Africa and myself than I ever could have in the classroom alone. A great program!

opened my life

Post study abroad I did Peace Corps in Tanzania and am now going to work on Africa-related issues at the State Dept.

Study Abroad with SIT opened my life to these professional options, academic thought that has inspired this work and incredible personal growth.

I loved my experience! great way to learn...

I loved my experience! great way to learn about the culture. The 4 homestays and learning a click language really made the experience.