SIT Study Abroad participant SIT Study Abroad participant

Netherlands: Perspectives on Sexuality & Gender

An amazing experience

I really enjoyed and got a lot out of this program. The academics perfectly complemented and expanded upon my studies at my home institution, and gave me an opportunity to explore these concepts outside of an American context. I made great friends with other SIT students and developed a close and lasting relationship with my host family. I struggled during the ISP period with the lack of structure, but at the same time appreciated the opportunity to pursue my own academic interests so independently. I really got to explore Amsterdam and totally fell in love with the city and can't wait for an opportunity to go back.

Netherlands: gender equality and human rights/ experiment in international living

This trip was one of the most influential and life changing experiences I have ever had the opportunity to participate in. Our group consisted of approximately 14 like-minded students from around the world. All participants were eager to learn, engage, and bring what they learned back to their communities and offer insight from where they are from. Our group leaders were fantastic and more than qualified to lead. We were taught about various subjects including activism, feminism, sex education, sex work, and women's rights. We were in interactive classes being taught by people who are professionals in their field of study. Although the classes were a large part of the program, we had excursions to surrounding cities. This was easily the best thing I have ever been apart of and strongly encourage anyone even considering this program to go ahead and take the leap. You won't regret it.