SIT Study Abroad participant SIT Study Abroad participant

Nepal: Tibetan and Himalayan People

Experiential!

Its hard to just choose one experience, but for me it was the trek we took through a mountain pass in Bhutan, that lead to the small village of Ura. I have never seen anything so beautiful in my life.

I chose the program because I am very interested in Asian studies, and thought that this program would be perfect.

A wonderful homestay family that made me feel welcome, and helped me in many ways with various living conditions that I had to learn to deal with.

Experiential Education

This program was amazing, and only receives lower points in administration and academics due to one reason. That being, the amount travel that takes place.

This is not a problem, however, and there is no one to blame, the issues exist simply because of the location, and difficulties that can be associated with getting through customs on time to make a flight, or trying to give a lecture while traveling from location to location.

Overall, this program was a life changing experience for me, and I will remember it forever. Giving me a new outlook on Asian cultures, as well as allowing me to make friends both in the program and in Nepal.