SIT Study Abroad participant SIT Study Abroad participant

Human Rights: Foundations, Challenges, and Advocacy

Don't Miss This Once in a Lifetime, Life Changing Program!

It was all of the adjectives from challenging, to inspiring. It exposed me to the discourse and majority narrative of human rights and put minority opinions in perspective for me. It expelled many incorrect assumptions I had about the places I visited, especially the middle east. I experienced the culture through the home stays I was with and lived in these countries in a way any other study abroad program would not have allowed for. Instead of just watching videos or doing readings on human rights issues, we were experiencing them right along side the victims and the importance of that human exchange is what I really learned from this experience.

I believe every student, human rights or not, would benefit from learning in this environment and experiencing these countries in such an exclusive way that they could never repeat by just traveling there on their own. It is a once in a lifetime, life changing chance to completely change your life. If you want to challenge yourself and actual experience abroad instead of just exist abroad, IHP Human Rights is the way to do so.

Learning how to question

I can say without a doubt that this program changed my life. I went into the program with high expectations and they were surpassed. This is not an immersion program it is a comparative program and therefore it allows students to dive deeper and gain context to the issues surrounding the universal human rights framework. Although it was not an immersion program through dedicated country staff teams and host families I did feel immersed in each country, and I picked up a little bit of the language in each country as well. I feel a special connection with each place that I went. If you are looking for a rigorous program that will teach you how to appropriately question things, and open your mind to the possibilities for equality- this your program. I could not recommend it higher.