SIT Study Abroad participant SIT Study Abroad participant

Argentina: Social Movements and Human Rights

What studying abroad is all about

Highly recommended! If you're looking for a program in which you can grow as an independent student, this is it. The Independent Study Project (ISP), while it can seem somewhat intimidating, is carefully guided to each student's experience and provides you with the opportunity to learn about something that really sparked your interest. I am personally continuing aspects of my research at my university back in the USA because I loved it so much! Your Spanish will improve if you spend the time outside the classroom speaking it. What I thought was most valuable, however, was the experiential learning component. You're not sitting in a classroom all day or just reading for the next lecture. This program gets you out in communities and organizations to interact with other humans who will teach you more about social movements and human rights than any book ever could. I 100% loved my experience in Buenos Aires!

Life in Argentina Was Amazing with SIT

My experience abroad was one-of-a-kind! I loved how everyday was new and exciting with visits to different organizations, traveling around the country and exploring the city. The academics were great too because I met many experts on certain topics and I was able to take courses that are not available at my home institution. I believe that my experience of studying abroad in this specific program taught me better patience and I want to be more involved with social movements at home.

Amazing country and amazing program!

I loved my study abroad experience with SIT in Buenos Aires. I learned so much while abroad! It was 1000% worthwhile and I would strongly recommend it. I loved that the SIT program had a specific, interesting and relevant theme that all our courses and activities pertained to, and I learned so much from these components of the program. I also learned a great deal about myself and really matured and grew individually just from adjusting to a different country/city, culture, language, homestay, etc.

My Experience in Argentina: Spanish, Dulce de Leche, and Lifetime Friends

I am convinced that my time in Buenos Aires is one of the most rewarding experiences i've had in my entire life--it has changed my life forever (in a great way). The friends that I made and the experiences that we shared helped me grow as an individual in ways that I would have never imagined. What I loved about the program is that it had a very specific focus, social movements and human rights, so not only was I improving my Spanish, but I was participating in amazing organizations that work so hard for social justice and equality all around Argentina--it was incredible. I also got to learn about my home country from an outsider's perspective for the first time in my life, which was quite the enlightening experience. I hope to carry the skills and lessons that I learned from this experience with me as I continue to live in the United States.