Experience Guatemala and Volunteer in our Medical Clinic
Guatemala: Rural Areas, San Marcos
Visits may be schduled each month
- Volunteers with medical background are especially needed: doctors and nurses. You would provide medical services at our clinic and/or in the rural communities. You could give classes in basic health and nutrition. We also welcome those who wish to have a humanitarian experience. We encourage visitors to bring school supplies to distribute to local children. You may wish to "Sponsor a Child" for a year.
- Speaking Spanish is a benefit but not a must.
- You must be at least 21 years old to participate and be in good physical and mental health.
- You must have a passport which is valid for at least 6 month. We suggest you check the CDC site for any recommended inoculations. As with all organization there will be certain formal documents to sign. Speaking Spanish is beneficial, but not a must.
Cost in US$:
- Travel while in host country
Program Fees Include:
The costs include: transportation from Guatemala City airport to our selected hotel (with arrival between 6PM and 11PM GT), ground transportation to San Marcos (five hours), entrance to Iximche Ruins, daily transportation to/from Clinic, transportation to/from rural areas, breakfast and lunch daily, appreciation dinner on Friday, ground transportation from San Marcos to Antigua, seven nights of our selected lodging.
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Human Rights
- Public Health
Volunteers are open-minded to other cultures, flexible and compassionate.
21 and over, unless accompanied by parent
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 2 to 6 members
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Exit Debriefing Abroad