Show Me Madrid Header Image Show Me Madrid Header Image

Spain Study Abroad Campus Ambassador

It was a very cultural experience

I really got to know the culture. I think Show Me Madrid was wonderful. I think they were very hands-on. They made sure everything we needed got accomplished, though I feel like It was a little jam-packed in a day for me.

Simply amazing

I would strongly suggest this travel agency.

I liked that our guide actually stayed with us throughout the trip and seem to become more than just a guide but a member of our group.

I did not like that some of the activities took longer than expected, but I understand that is something that is hard to control. For future groups I would suggest making the time slots for activities longer so if they do go over it is fine and if they do not then the group you are working with will be glad they had more free time than expected.

I had an amazing time.

I liked all the walking and being able to see the city and I learned a lot about the spanish culture.

I loved all of the activities we did especially the workshops and the beer, wine, and olive oil tastings and I really enjoyed the classes at LAE as well.

The only thing I think could be improved on would be allowing for more free time. I loved that we made use of the time we had and were able to see so many things and do so many activities but it became very exhausting with our classes and homework schedule.

AWESOME!

Just AWESOME! Seriously, I enjoyed every activity and getting to know the cultural and traditions in Madrid! This was a trip of a life time!!

The places that I most enjoyed were Toledo, El Escorial, The Royal Palace, Cibeles Palace and the numerous cathedrals. These grand places, their rich history and their antique, detail filled construction blew me away!

The food…amazing. They fed us so well; I swear that they were trying to make us fat. I really enjoyed trying different types of food almost every day and I found some new favorite dishes and wine.

I really enjoyed the workshops and discovered some new information that I will take home with me. These events to me were practical and allowed us to learn more about the cultural here in Spain.

Honestly, I believe that you have constructed an amazing program overall. We had many opportunities to explore numerous icons that not many people are blessed to see. I feel so privileged to have been a part of this program. When you visit a city like Madrid, you have to pack everything in. And we did that!!! Thank you for being flexible and allowing us to move events around to better accommodate our group’s needs. You could not ask for a more enthusiastic and knowledgeable tour guide! THANKS MARIO!!!!

• Show Me Madrid responded to this review June 17, 2016 at 1:59 AM

¡Gracias!

He was fantastic!

Mario is a funny and experienced tour guide. If you want to visit Madrid, just phone Mario and he will arrange for you whatever tour in the city! He was fantastic!

It was phenomenal

I spent 2 weeks in Madrid with 11 other students, guided by Show Me Madrid. It was phenomenal. We were shown every interesting feature of Madrid, learned all the history, and did all the activities that define the city. What made Show Me Madrid special was that it didn’t make you feel like a tourist. I felt like a Spaniard, exploring and learning about the city. Additionally, our guide, Mario, was incredible. He was knowledgeable, personable, friendly, and extremely reliable in tough situations. He didn’t just guide us, he helped us to have fun and enhanced the experience.

My experience was life-changing

This was literally my first time traveling anywhere and my experience was life-changing because of Show Me Madrid. Our tour guide was one of the most knowledgeable people I had ever met and his enthusiasm was contagious. Everyday we would go to discover something new and his passion for his job made all the difference in my trip. I have nothing negative to say and everything positive to apprise.

Fue genial la visita!

Fue genial la visita! Muy recomendable. Aprendimos cosas muy curiosas que no se ven en otros tours Gracias Show Me Madrid!

Excellent learning experience

I brought a Cross-Cultural Communication class from the University of Texas at Brownsville to complete a 12-day study abroad course. We spent a week in Madrid and also visited Toledo, Cordova and Granada. Mario served as our Point of Contact and arranged University visits and walking tours and special sites and museums that gave my students great insight. We stayed at quality hotels, had breakfast and dinner provided and got an excellent overview of Spanish culture which was very well-planned. Mario is very knowledgeable about Madrid and engaged excellent guides in other locales. He was most helpful with a student medical emergencies and was flexible when we asked to adapt the plan. He taught us how to use the metro and find things on our own and in general made the learning experience excellent.

My experience with Show Me Madrid was the BEST of THE BEST!

Did Not know that ANY group would be as good at touring, chaperoning, planning or being responsible for the students as this group. Mario was so much fun to be with! He is very funny, humorous, friendly and easy-going. He even got some of us in to see clinics as needed and was able to find me some food and medicine when I was REALLY sick and staying in the hotel room for the night.

I liked the canoeing through the park in boats, attending La Aventura School, the flamenco show and some of the shopping around the city. A lot of the restaurants were really good (some were better than others in my opinion).

I disliked the fact that we had very little free time and rest time. As tired as we were, we could have used a lot more rest time. That is the only thing that could be better next time and for the next group. Hopefully the next group won’t all be hurt and/or sick and seeing a doctor of some kind like my entire group was! Things like that seem to happen when we are more exhausted and weak!

I CAN NOT THANK THIS GROUP ANYMORE! Hope to come back and do it again as soon as possible!

A truly great experience

The experience was truly great and hope to do it again and it was only made better by the amazing guide we had (Mario) who is such a charismatic and likeable guy.

The best was for sure just being able to see the city and how other people live, it was awesome doing things like watching a bull fight or seeing the view of madrid in a cable car.

A little more free time would have been greatly appreciated.

AWESOME!

EVERYTHING was great! Seriously, I enjoyed almost every activity! There were a few that I probably would not do again, but I am so glad that we participated in them. For example, the bullfight. I did not “enjoy” this event, but I was able to see a cultural/traditional event in Madrid, and for that I am glad that we went.

The food…amazing. They fed us so well; I swear that they were trying to make us fat. I really enjoyed trying different types of food almost every day and I found some new favorite dishes. I even found a wine that I would love to take with me to the States.

Honestly, I believe that you have constructed an amazing program overall. We did a lot of site seeing, and had opportunities to explore numerous icons that not many people are blessed to see. I feel so privileged to have been a part of this program. We were exhausted but I would not change that for anything. When you visit a city like Madrid, you have to pack everything in. Thank you for being flexible and allowing us to move events around to better accommodate our group’s needs.

It was a very intense program, but enjoyable

The program gave a nice mix of different activities, offering a unique perspective on the subjects. It was nice to learn from the people who actually make a living on the subject at hand. The guide was great and was always informative.

I loved trying all of the different food, play, boating, going to different cities, and hiking to the king’s chair with Fergle.

I wished that there was some free time when we went to the different cities so that we could explore on our own. All the food was good, however when going to restaurants it would be nice to receive a menu (or a modified one). This way we can practice ordering on our own. The restaurant we had for dinner was excellent, however I would have liked to go to different places for dinner. Another idea would be to have a “free dinner (or lunch)” so that way we can try the food we want to try. For example I wanted to try the pizza. During the food cutting and the olive oil tasting, I really did not learn a whole lot. I think the both men could have gone into more depth over the materials.