Sterilization Program for Dogs and Cats in South India
India: Rural Areas
Travel to India on a volunteer abroad program with Sharana Dispensary and get the chance to participate in the sterilization of dogs and cats to prevent overpopulation. Sharana runs a small veterinary dispensary in Mamallapuram in South India and an Animal Birth Control project for stray dogs and cats. The dispensary needs volunteers who are veterinary doctors experienced in spaying or neutering stray dogs and cats. Animal care volunteers who can look after dogs and cats at the veterinary dispensary are also needed.
1. Practice veterinary skills in a animal sterilization program in India.
2. Earn valuable international volunteering experience in animal care.
3. Live and work in the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mamallapuram in south India.
4. Explore other places like Kanchipuram, Auroville, and Pondicherry.
Typical Duration of Program
We are looking for volunteers as follows:
- VETERINARY DOCTORS experienced in spaying/ neutering stray dogs/ cats for 2-4 weeks periodically, any time in the year.
- VOLUNTEERS to look after our 6 dogs and 2 cats (feeding, cuttling, general care) for 3-4 weeks twice a year (when we have to leave the country to renew our visa). Only animal love required.
Program Fees Include:
Travel to India is at own cost of volunteers.
We provide free board and lodging for 2 people at the time.
- Experience in neutering/spaying street dogs and cats is a must for the vet! The females have to be operated lateral. All animals have to be released soon after surgery.
- Animal Welfare
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Independent living
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible