Servant Group International Header Image Servant Group International Header Image

Serving in the Middle East

Teacher

I loved teaching at the school in Iraq. SGI was an incredible organization to work with and were so supportive. Of course there were hard things and lots of challenges, but I wouldn't give up my experiences for anything.

• Teacher Support

I would highly recommend this program!

The program is life changing. I went years ago when it was 100% volunteer (before they started paying you a stipend to teach). Even with salary now, it is not a program to get rich teaching abroad! Go because you want a challenging adventure, go because you want to make a difference, go because you love Jesus! The stateside office is awesome at supporting and encouraging you. The practical living over there can be a little rough...especially if you have medical problems. This isn't for the faint in heart, but I wouldn't give up my years over there for anything. My heart still yearns to be there :)

Best years of my life!

Taught in Iraq for 4 years and while it was admittedly hard, it was also some of the best years of my life so far! SGI is supportive, encouraging and really cares about each of their team members having an excellent experience on the field.