SEED Madagascar Header Image SEED Madagascar Header Image

English Teaching Programme

Away from it all

Have you ever dreamt of going far away but never dared to? That was a long time me but then I decided that going to Madagascar would be worth it and with the help of Seed it became an unforgettable experience. I taught English to local staff members in one-to-one sessions - a luxury situation which I rarely have as a teacher over here. The students were great and it was a pleasure working with them. The impressions of my time spent with a lovely Malgache family and my students are still with me. I would definitely love to come back.

An inspiring teaching experience

Taking a career break, I wanted to find a voluntary project with the right combination of challenge, reward with a dose of adventure; the Seed Madagascar English volunteer project gave me just that. The teaching was varied and intense, but deeply rewarding, with engaged students and lots of smiles. Take the chance and volunteer for as long as you can manage, you’ll see a unique and warm view of a really wonderful country. I’ve come back energised by the people and the place.

Nice experience

Staff and organization were pleasant to work with, I would volunteer again maybe in another program. I enjoyed my time and would have stayed longer if I could. The city is small enough to walk around comfortably and there are plenty of taxis around otherwise. Schools were starting a English speaking club, the start was a bit rough with attendance but hopefully with time things will improve.