SEE TEFL Teacher Training Header Image SEE TEFL Teacher Training Header Image

SEE TEFL: Internationally-Recognized TEFL Training Course in Chiang Mai, Thailand

Learning to teach English in Thailand

I received my TEFL certificate in the summer of 2012.

It was my first time to travel overseas with the intention of staying and working there, and SEE TEFL really helped with that transition. The coursework was challenging, but not overwhelming, and the atmosphere of the program led to our entire class becoming good friends with one another. When we weren't studying together, we were often hanging out in the evenings or weekends, experiencing the city. One of my favorite aspects of the program is that we were expected to develop and teach lessons to classes of various ages. I taught to a kindergarten class (and confirmed that this was probably not for me), as well as some older elementary and middle school students.

As for job placement, everyone in my class did in fact quickly find a job, and SEE TEFL was very helpful with finding job placements in Chiang Mai. Since I chose to go to Bangkok, they weren't as helpful with my job search, but it wasn't difficult to find opportunities on my own. If you plan to stay in Thailand (especially Chiang Mai, which in retrospect I wish I had), SEE TEFL is an ideal program, since they provide some Thai culture and language lessons, and it's a great way to build some strong friendships in your new home.

• Academic Support

You get more than just a certificate!

I did my SEETEFL last year in April, It was different to what I had expected it to be but different in a good way. While I had anticipated that getting the TEFL qualification would require putting my head down and focusing on getting the work done,though this was the case, with SEETEFL I felt able to do this while also still making the most of my surroundings. Much of this was due to the team of super supportive members who were always available to give a helping hand whether it was with the academic side of things or just advice on where to get the best pad Thai in town. Honestly felt taken care of from the beginning to the end of my placement. Would highly recommend it especially if like me it was your first time out in Thailand!

Excellent TEFL Course and Location

I took this TEFL course during the month of August 2015. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to take my TEFL course somewhere in Thailand and it was just a matter of selecting a company. After reading about different TEFL courses in a similar price range, it became clear to me that SEE TEFL was the right choice. This company had lots of positive feedback, a very professionally laid out website, and Chiang Mai seemed like a nice place to spend a month. Before I signed up for the course, I was in contact with SEE TEFL staff who I all found to be friendly and helpful.

The course itself is very organized and you are given details about it and your coursework before you even arrive. The teaching methods and materials used are varied throughout the day, which keeps the class interesting. I signed up for this class with zero previous classroom teaching experience, but the staff trained our presentation abilities as the class went on with tasks that involved teaching in front of our classmates. I learned a lot about lesson preparation, classroom management, effective presentations, and essential grammar. There were also other fun activities to break up the day including Thai language lessons and a Thai cultural awareness day. When it came time to complete classroom teaching practices, I was confident that I could teach a class in a fun and controlled manner. The SEE TEFL staff were very supportive and gave me detailed feedback about each of my lessons that helped me improve myself along the way. The improvement in my teaching ability between my first and final class was huge, and now I am confident that I can make lesson plans and teach a class of any age. The course gave me the necessary tools to complete demo lessons with ease, and I now have no trouble answering teaching-specific questions for interviews.
This course is by no means easy, and you will find yourself busy with teaching preparations after the first week. However, everybody works together to support each other and make it a fun experience along the way. I still keep in contact with some of my classmates. Whether you are a new or experienced teacher, I highly recommend choosing this for your TEFL course.

My final recommendation is that if this will be your first time in Thailand, if possible come at least a few weeks before your course start date because there are many fun and new things to do in Chiang Mai. Also be sure to check out the restaurant across from Sakorn Residence on your lunch break!

Great TEFL course in Chiang Mai

I took the TEFL course at SEE in January 2015. Even before i started the course or planned my trip to Chiang Mai, John the Director of the course, helped me with any queries i had and put my mind at ease. When i began the course, all the staff were super friendly and always there to support us. The course prepares you for all aspects of teaching in Thailand (or elsewhere abroad) from lesson plans to classroom management and observed lessons. The cultural day is an added bonus and helps give you an insight into Thai culture and lifestyle. Even after i completed my TEFL course, the staff at SEE were there to support myself and fellow graduates in finding work. I now work in the wonderful city of Chiang Mai, teaching kindergarten at a great school....all thanks to SEE!

• Academic Support

Much more than a training course

The experience at SEE TEFL does not end when you receive your certificate. Not only does SEE TEFL offer an effective and precise training program, but they continue to offer assistance and resources after your completion of the course. John is very knowledgeable in many matters here in Thailand and very punctual in responding to questions - he was 100% of my support network when I first arrived in Thailand. Ying is a very smart and efficient lady who coordinates so many different people and factors that it's mind boggling. The rest of the staff are very helpful and capable in taking care of things ranging from teaching Thai, setting up bank accounts, offering advice about the Chiang Mai area, and more!

Amazing experience

I completed the SEE TEFL program in January 2014. Without this program, I never would have had the skills necessary to be a teacher in Thailand. Not only did we learn how to operate in a classroom, but we also learned about Thai culture and traditions that helped us to become better integrated into Thai society. I moved to Krabi to find work, and schools in the South were still very aware of SEE's reputation, which helped me to quickly get a job. I highly recommend this course!

• Modules & Web Content

great time in beautiful chiang mai

I have great memories of time on the SEE TEFL course in Chiang Mai.
John and Ling created a great atmosphere that felt very team orientated and conducive to idea sharing and mutual support between fellow students.
The course itself felt comprehensive and with focus many different aspects of teaching. It included practical experience teaching students on a one-on-one basis and analyzing students' work for grammar and vocabulary problems as well as the more traditional observed teaching practices.
The lessons on Thai culture and language were also great fun and were a great help making me feel more comfortable and at ease in a new country.
I highly recommend this course to anyone interested!

An excellent experience

SEE TEFL is a wonderful course, expertly run by professional, interesting teachers and administration. I had simply picked them from the web site, wanting to spend some time in Chiang Mai while getting my teaching certificate. What a great choice that turned out to be! The level of dedication and the interesting and enjoyable nature of the classroom time and coursework made it one of the best educational experiences I've had.