Throughout the year
Examination: All parts of this examination must be passed in the order theory practice within 24 months.
A. Theory Examination
If the performance at this theory examination is unsuccessful, there is a mandatory 6 weeks waiting period before attending the next instructor* examination. The unsuccessful parts can be repeated during this next examination. In case the written part and one other examination part will not be passed successfully, the whole theory examination must be repeated.
- Answering a questionnaire in writing.
- One short report of around 10 15 minutes about one topic assignment out of following themes: diving training, diving practice, diving physics, diving medicine, diving physiology, diving equipment as well as diving and environment. The candidate can choose two topics out of the different themes and prepare himself.
- The home report in double draw up will be handed out to the course director in charge. This home report should show the standard of a TDA/CMAS*. A careful and professional making out will be expected. The report should not fill less than 10 DIN A4 pages. Drawings and sketches as well as folios should be included.
- This home report will be held in front of the examination commission during the diving examination and be scored by said commission.
- Demonstrating medical first aid skills in the rescue of divers who had an accident incl. handling of the various O2-systems. The candidate must demonstrate his ability to immediately give a diagnosis and undertake the corresponding medical first aid steps.
B. Practice Examination
The practice examination will be executed either in the sea or in a lake with a depth of
40 meters. The lake or sea has to be around the diving school/diving base. The candidate
is obliged to use a boat where minimum 8 people can find space the boat
has to be officially licensed.
If this part of the examination has been unsuccessfully passed, also the 5 already
prepared examination dives (see premises) have to be repeated.
Minimum 6 qualified dives within at least 5 following days whereof at least 2 of the 6 dives have to be done from the boat.
- 3000 meter transport of a diver who had an accident.
- 10 Meter Apnoe deep diving.
- 50 Meter Apnoe long distance diving.
- Approaching and recovery of a pressure tank loaded with 10Kg weights (performance of ascent without buoyancy control devices.
- 3 times 35 m distance approaching a pressure tank.
- Body breathing of 3 to 5 divers using one pressure tank.
- Controlled emergency ascent from 15 m water depth.
- Ascent with body breathing from 25 m water depth.
- 5 minutes dive without mask.
- Guiding of a diver (beginner will be examined CMAS*).
- Guiding of a diver (beginner has an accident during his dive).
- Teaching presentation under water navigation.
- Teaching presentation ABC lesson.
- Teaching presentation - pressure tank lesson.
- Snorkeling in a group with complete diving equipment. The candidate as group leader should verify the co-operation of the group and the necessary safety.
- Demonstration of rescuing the buddy including a controlled transportation from a depth of 10 meters to the water surface by using all parts of the equipment, emergency signals at the surface, transportation to either the shore or the boat(approx. 50 meters) and demonstrate further skills at land or on board, medic first aid skills and starting further skills needed.
- Discover Scuba dives
- Junior Diver - Flipper 1
- Junior Diver - Flipper 2
- Skin Diver 1
- Skin Diver 2
- TDA Resort-course
- TDA/CMAS basic diving certificate.
- TDA/CMAS Basic.
- TDA/CMAS *
- TDA/CMAS Apnoe *
- SC Underwater navigation.
- SC Group leading.
· SC Night diving.
- Training and passing the examinations following the TDA examination guidelines.
- Use of recommended training materials.
- Execution of several trainings per year.
- Use of diving equipment being of the latest technical standard. In case of missing or insufficient standards abroad, use the German standard as basis.
- Permanent further training and participation in further training courses for instructors.
- The candidate is obliged to furthermore build up his diving knowledge in all aspects and areas and give his knowledge to other divers.
You are CMAS 1 or 2 star diver or equivalent without experience in a CMAS dive club and you want to become TDA/CMAS 1 star Instructor and PADI Divemaster.
- You will be part of our team as a trainee during 6 months for a true experience in the dive industry.
- TDA/CMAS 3 Star Diver course.
- PADI Divemaster course.
- TDA/CMAS Assistant Instructor course.
- TDA/CMAS 1 Star Instructor course.
- All exams and skill evaluations during 1 week.
- Seafarer Divers will provide you all official documents to obtain the Visa "Non-immigrant (Ed)" from any Thai consulate.
- You will get 30% discount on the full course.
- You will get 20% discount to buy all your dive equipment (Aqualung, US Divers, Seaquest, Uwatec, Sea & Sea).
- You will get free diving on all our day dive trips as tour leader.
- You will get free diving on all our liveaboard dive cruises with our vessel MV Andaman Seafarer as tour leader.
Continue your education:
- become TDA/CMAS Instructor 2*.
Extra: PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
All our monitor TDA/CMAS 1 and 2 stars recently certified can realize the PADI IDC to become PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
Open Water Instructor TDA/CMAS Instructor 1 Star*
- Minimum age 18.
- Presentation of a police document about his criminal record
- Valid medical fitness certificate for sport divers not exceeding 6 months.
- Training certificate about medic first aid course incl. cardiopulmonary resuscitation not exceeding 1 year.
- TDA assistant instructor license
- The candidate must have successfully passed the examination for an TDA/CMAS or has to have an equivalent brevet by one of the other associations at least 1 year before his application for the instructor examination.
- 150 dives and thereof at min. 30 dives within the last 12 months after application and at least 6 dives deeper than 30 m.
- A certified participation as assistant (Speaker and Examiner") at an TDA/CMAS course incl. examination in theory and practice signed by a TDA instructor.
- Certified examination dives certified by a TDA instructor (at least I2) as follows:
* 2 dives as group member of examination dives for TDA/CMAS
* 2 dives as group leader of examination dives for TDA/CMAS, whereby the examination will be scored by an instructor. 1 dive as "Examiner" for TDA/CMAS, whereby the examination will afterward be scored by an instructor.
- The candidate is obliged to participate in the following preparatory courses:
- Diving medicine/rescue for instructors
- Technique for diving instructors
- Rhetoric, Methodology, DTD Actics for instructors
These courses will be offered by the TDA-academy several times per year. Courses offered by other organizations which are of same content will also be accepted.
- All preparatory examination dives have to be certified and a confirmation has to be shown before any examination.
- The official driver license for sport boats or any equivalent international brevet is strongly recommended.
- Participation at an instructor examination of the CMAS Thailand Diving Association.
The TDA instructor has to apply for the candidate at the association. Skills or dives of the assistant instructor can be checked by the TDA instructor.
* Prices include: boat trip, liveaboard cruises on MV Andaman Seafarer's Boat, use of educational material in the dive center, tanks and weight.
* Prices do not include:
- Certification fees CMAS and/or the PADI Student Pak, manual and dive equipment except tanks and weight.
- CMAS Thailand and PADI Diver Fees.
- Certification 3 stars diver TDA/CMAS : 1200 Baht.
- PADI Divemaster Membership: 115 AUD.
- CMAS Instructor membership Fees.
- First registration TDA/CMAS Thailand : 5700 Baht.
- Yearly Membership TDA/CMAS Thailand : 5700 Baht.
- Yearly Membership CMAS (5 years): 2000 Baht.
- PADI Fees.
* Manual - PADI Divemaster Crew Pack: 6800 Baht
* Manual - Padi Rescue Diver + Slate + PIC : 2500 Baht
* Manual + DVD Emergency First Response + PIC : 3100 Baht
* Manual Nitrox diver Crew Pack + Certification : 3900 Baht
Living in Thailand is cheap. Students can find rooms in Phuket as cheap as 2500 Baht per month and a nice room with A/C for less than 5000 Baht. 3 meals a day cost 200-300 Baht per day but note that day dive trip boats provide breakfast and lunch as well full board on liveaboards. Motorcycle is compulsory in Phuket as public transport is not helpful so expect a daily price of 150 Baht per day, 1000 Baht per week or 3000 Baht per month. The biggest expenses for a student in Thailand are cigarettes (50-80 Baht/packet) and beers (60-80 Baht/bottle). Visa run to Ranong for renewing your Visa costs 1500 Baht. Travelling to Penang in Malaysia to renew your visa costs 10 to15000 Baht the journey (transport + lodging + food + Visa). Do not bring too many clothes as they are very cheap in Thailand.
We are a TDA/CMAS IDC 5* Master Dive Academy Center and we taught all year round all TDA/CMAS courses, crossovers or internship training from beginner up to professional levels. PADI and NAUI courses from beginner up to Divemaster training. Our TDA/CMAS, PADI or NAUI Divemasters/Instructors are standing by with top of the line equipment and vessels to get divers where they want to be. We cater for both experienced and non experienced single divers to groups and clubs. Our professional dive center provides services such as rentals, sales and servicing for most brands of regulators, BCD and tank valves as well an air and nitrox fill station for the most demanding. We supply all services for booking hotels, Eco-tourism tours from one to several days.