Sea State Header Image Sea State Header Image

Costa Rica / Sustainable Surf Tourism

Amazing

The staff was amazing and super knowledgable about the curriculum, the area, and of course... surfing! This program definitely opened my eyes to the impact tourism can bring to an area, both the negatives and the positives. Being apart of the sustainable initiatives being done by Groundswell and the local community of Nosara was truly life changing. It was so amazing to experience the Costa Rican culture in such an exiting and memorable way!!

Life changing

Studying abroad in Costa Rica was one of the best experiences of my life. The staff was extremely knowledgable of the area and made several plans so students could take full advantage of their time in Costa Rica. During our trip we were able to zip line, take a stand up paddle board tour, and help a local high school, all while having plenty of time to surf world class waves.

EPIC

I did this program without doing much research or anything and I can proudly say it was the best possible decision I could have made while in college. At no points was I ever not having fun, felt in danger or felt as if our instructors did not know what was going on. I would do it again in a heart beat. Get ready for adventure and get ready to actually enjoy learning.