Sankalp Volunteer participants Sankalp Volunteer participants

Summer Volunteer Program 2016

Sankalp has given me a trip of a lifetime out of this gap year.

The Sankalp in India was most definitely a worthwhile experience. Sankalp was particularly flexible and resourceful when helping me to find learning and volunteer opportunities. Furthermore, it allowed me to adjust my ideas and interests as they changed during my stay. With everything from reading recommendations and tips on trekking, I found Sankalp to provide me with an invaluable local perspective that entirely enhanced my Himalayan experience through their Summer Program. I have been very happy with everything for me. Everything has been great here. Sankalp has given me a trip of a lifetime out of this gap year. I can't wait to get home and talk to some of my younger friends from high school about it. I'm also planning on asking my old high school if I can do a short demonstration on gap year and what I did during my gap year and about Sankalp.

The Sankalp experience has been truly worthwhile for me both personally and intellectually. The design of the program enables students with the right balance of consistency and independence that is so important when one experiences such a different culture and environment. The accommodation was a nice, clean home where I had plenty of space and good facilities. The food was delicious and filling and not to spicy.

The Sankalp volunteer program is run well by a group of young, enthusiastic men and women who truly want all of the volunteers to succeed and to have a good time during their stay in India. Though the program is not very big but it is very well run and I think the size of it help to make it more authentic experience in India.

I would recommend this organization to everyone! Thank you!

Working with the street kids is something I will never forget !

I and my friend volunteered with Sankalp through Summer Program last year and participated in their Street Children program in Jaipur. The program is professionally organized and managed and because it is running directly by the people you will stay with you can see exactly where money is spent. Many other companies/organizations charge a lot but here program cost considerably lower than what is available in your home country. When we arrived I didn't know what to expect and I have only been pleasantly surprised. The volunteer house is fantastic, it is not glamorous but it is cozy and welcoming and it really feels like home. The team is so helpful and really gives you a sense of comfort and security while you are here. We took a few of their organized excursions during our volunteer time. It is very nice to have everything planned for you; we didn't have to worry about a thing. We saw some great things on week long travel trips but overall what I the most is just the relaxed day to day life here and the chance to really live in another city. Working with the street kids is something I will never forget. They are so eager and bright they are a blast to teach. Also seeing the spirit and generosity they have towards one another is really something to be inspired by.

A great experience with Sankalp...

I've read about many volunteer programs featured in my university newsletters and they all sounded amazing. However, after spending quite a bit of time researching. I decided that Sankalp Volunteer suited me best in terms of my budget, program dates and location. I was a little bit nervous travelling to India on my own so the Summer Program sounded perfect! I did the street kids teaching program and I would highly recommend it if you're great with kids. If I had stayed for longer I think I would have asked to try the women's empowerment program, as we were told by previous volunteers that it was a very rewarding experience. it was a wonderful experience and we had a very informative briefing session upon our arrival. I would definitely recommend Sankalp Volunteer for the comforts, the location, the work itself and most importantly, the selfless people behind it all - Pranay and Amita, thank you for an incredible three weeks. I will never forget my first trip to India.