Salzburg College Header Image Salzburg College Header Image

Salzburg College: More than just Study Abroad!

WOW!

The people the school and the way of life was awesome I can't wait to go again. I had so much fun meeting new people and traveling all over Europe I'd do it again and again. The best time the best people.

What are you waiting for go have fun.

You'll never want to leave

Definitely one of the greatest things I've been a part of. You'll be challenged and you'll grow because of it. Salzburg College excels at immersing you into the culture of Austria. You'll learn so much and have a lot of fun goofing around with the staff who'll immediately become your friends. A cool bonus is that you have three-day weekends to travel and explore and after classes you can walk just ten minutes to a beer garden or up the Moenchsberg to look out at the mountains and beautiful scenery.

Time of my life

I loved everything about my experience in Salzburg! I met many wonderful lifelong friends, I learned so many amazing things in each culture I was able to travel to, and I constantly felt inspired by my surroundings. There was always something to do and see.. you are truly never bored! The program offers many group trips and also allows you to do plenty of your own exploring. I was able to see 8 countries while I studied at Salzburg College and can not wait to go back and explore more! I still consider Salzburg one of my homes and I thank all of the wonderful people from Salzburg College for that!
By the way I should probably add that my mom studied at Salzburg College in 1983 and I grew up hearing wonderful things about her experience.. It was everything she described and more!

Phoebe cares so much about the students and makes sure you have everything you need to make your experience the best!

I could not have asked for a better experience

Living in a foreign country for over 3 months had always seemed like an unattainable dream until I was given an opportunity to study abroad. I chose Salzburg, Austria because I wanted to enhance my knowledge of the German language. However, during my time abroad, I gained much more than that. I gained lasting friendships with people from various places and a knowledge of a culture and people that allowed me to see my own culture in a different light to name a few. My experience with this study abroad program was definitely a positive one. I am forever grateful for the opportunity I had to experience life in Austria while gaining college credit along the way. The professors and staff at Salzburg College are phenomenal and truly care about you as an individual. They strive to help you not only in the classroom but also in other aspects of your life. The host families are kind and generous and take students under their wing to help them learn the culture. The lessons I learned from my time abroad will remain with me for the rest of my life. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Life changing experience

I was nervous about studying abroad in the beginning. I had travelled my whole life to places across the world...but to study and live on my own in another country for four months was terrifying.

It was an experience I will never forget and that changed my life completely. Not only did I gain a new perspective on the world, but an insight on myself.

I can't tell you every single amazing experience, but I can say that I left with tears in my eyes because I didn't want to leave. Salzburg College and my fellow students became my home and family...They will always be a part of that semester that changed my life.

The best experience you'll have is the one you're willing to go out and make...it won't just come to you. You have to get out of your comfort zone, meet the locals, be a part of the culture, and soak in every single minute.

For the record...I miss Salzburg College every single day!

Best Semester

Studying and living in Salzburg, Austria was the best choice I could have made. Salzburg College offers a wide range of courses and internships for all students. I actually enjoyed all my classes and meeting my different professors. The courses also helped me adjust to living in a different country, and we traveled many different places as a school to immerse ourselves in Austrian culture. The school takes the time to get to know you before placing you in a home to make sure you will be happy with your host family. I had the best time living with my host family and I miss them dearly! I try to convince everyone I meet to study in Salzburg with Salzburg College - it is by far my most memorable semester!

Salzburg was Great!

I loved going to Salzburg College. I went in the Fall of 2010 and the experience was amazing. I had gotten to participate in many fun local traditions with my host mom and the community as well as go to historical sights in the area with and without our study abroad group! A fantastic experience for everyone, but it seems to have more emphasis on the music program more than anything, I am a Sociology major and absolutely loved every moment. We went hiking, white water rafting, skiing in the Alps, and many more exciting group trips! Also, there were trips to the lake district as well as to the ice caves! There is so much to do in Austria and it is small enough to do a lot of other trips outside the country on weekends!

Greatest growing experience of my life thus far.

My time abroad was ultimately the biggest molding experience of my life to date. Living with a host Austrian family, going to class with students from around the United States, having courses taught by European professors who speak English fluently, yet encourage you to speak German in order to increase your vocabulary and understanding of grammar...what more could you ask for? The staff and students who attended Salzburg college are now basically my family and I am proud to call myself a Salzburg alum!

Adventure Study Abroad

My Salzburg Study Abroad experience couldn't have been more ideally suited for me. Just like choosing any college or university, you should find the one which fits your personality, your interests and what you want to learn and get out of the program. If you want are looking for a program offering interesting core classes paired with exciting electives, but also a whole world of out-of-classroom experiences, then this program would be for you.

I often refer to my experience at Salzburg college as a true adventure, because it was not just the classwork, but more importantly the comprehensive package of field trips to historic palaces, remnants of WWII and the history of the Nazi's in Europe, and more, as well as an abundant amount of independent travel time.

The faculty and director of Salzburg college encouraged those of us in the program to get out and see Europe through a series of organized trips and an independent travel period in which I was able to travel all over Europe. During my study abroad, I visited: Italy, Spain, France, Czech Republic, Germany and of course Austria. At the end of the program, I wanted to see even more, so I extended my time in Europe and traveled to numerous cities in England, Ireland and back through France and Germany. I had the opportunity to take a boat on a pristine lake surrounded by mountains, ski, snowshoe and climb the Austrian Alps and take part in intimate cultural activities in the communities nearby.

I fear sounding like a sales person here, but my experience abroad was so much more than I imagined it could be. I was so worried about traveling so far away, but found a family at Salzburg College that I will cherish and keep in touch with for decades.

Drink a beer, make a friend, change a life

When I first laid eyes on the city of Salzburg, I thought I had entered a disney-esque fantasy world. The buildings, the landscapes, the women, all seemed to emote nostalgic feelings in me, even though I had never been there before. Once that feeling passed (over time it will) an even greater feeling overtook me. A feeling of acceptance and community with the people of salzburg (mmmm salzburgers). My study abroad journey was a roller coaster ride of emotions, and the staff at Salzburg College were incredible in making sure I didn't fall off the tracks. They provided us with some of the best teachers i have ever had as well as making sure all of our needs were met. At the end of the day, the study abroad experience is what you make of it. I never once regretted my decision and advise anyone looking to study abroad to take a deep look at Salzburg College. Drink a beer, make a friend, change a life because the one you change might be your own.