Saint Louis University-Madrid Campus Header Image Saint Louis University-Madrid Campus Header Image

Saint Louis University-Madrid Campus

A Semester I´ll Never Forget

This semester was everything I could have imagined and more. I had the chance to live in a new place, surrounded by a new language and culture. In the beginning it was a little bit daunting, but with every little success there was a feeling of reward, that I was becoming successful in this new place, completely independent. I have learned so much about myself, made so many lifetime friends, and had the chance to see so many amazing places. This is without doubt a must amazing program and experience that I would recommend to anyone!

SLU Madrid

I spent 2 years at SLU Madrid (Saint Louis University- Madrid campus) and I totally loved it! It has been an incredible experience for me and I would totally recommend it to anyone who's considering it. You can learn a lot about the Spanish culture, their food and customs. It's amazing! You also get to see different parts of Spain with day trips (places near Madrid) or trips throughout Spain. Also, there is the fact where you can easily travel anywhere in Europe at a really reasonable price. Come to SLU Madrid and be ready to have the best experience abroad!

All I imagined and more

Ive been dreaming about studying abroad since I was a little girl, and this experience has been amazing. Countless times, I get upset over the fact that, with what I'm majoring in, I cannot finish my degree here. I love SLU Madrid. I came here with a ton of people from my school, but was worried because they all had their friend circles that I wasn't apart of. My host mom and two random roommates have been life changing. My two roommates are both from different places in the US, and we have all bonded so much. I've constantly only have hung out with people from different universities than me- several from different countries. I couldn't have asked to meet better people. Traveling has been great and so thrilling. All the teachers and staff at SLU really care. I love that they really get to know you- they know your name, personality, and even your travel plans. I am beyond words in how blessed and grateful I am for this opportunity. My biggest regret? That it has to end.

The best semester ever

The Student life staff was amazing giving support any time I was ill or feeling bad. It is like a big family where you have a name and they care about you. So many events and activities, so many clubs and organizations, so many things to do in Madrid. It was great!

Intercultural and Friendly

A great global university! I have learned so much here. It truly is global as there are students from everywhere in the world and the professors are very good (and most have Ph.D.'s). So many opportunities!

Study Abroad in Madrid

I chose this program sponsored by Seattle University because it was recommended by students/advisors.

Living with a Spanish family and the cultural immersion was truly memorable.

The best multi-cultural experience abroad

I do not think there is other programs where students from over 60 nationalities have the opportunity to interact and integrate interculturally as in Saint Louis University - Madrid. The classes and professors are terrific, and the overall experience is fantastic. There are two types of students: those who visit (or study abroad) and those who are pursuing their degree. As it is a small campus, those who pursue their degrees in Madrid bond a lot, and try to help and include those who are visiting/abroad in anything they need. The campus is on a beautiful and safe neighborhood in the center of Madrid. The professors are from all over the world, greatly prepared and who help build a campus community.

Family away from home

Studying in SLU Madrid was an overall great experience. They take into account all aspects of the student's life. They have a student life office that was very helpful with everything non academic and the moment you got there you were given a Sanitas card, which is a medical insurance card, meaning you did not have to worry about the cost of hospitals in case something happen. The people are nice and when you get here you are greeted by campus ambassadors that truly make your life in Madrid easier as they are always ready to help with everything. Overall, I am really enjoying my time in Madrid.

Spanish Major

I came to SLU Madrid as a freshman, and fell in love with it immediately. There is so much diversity and appreciation for other cultures that it creates a fun and academic learning environment for everyone.

Life in Madrid

This university is excellent! I have had a great time here so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of my time here! The university faculty and staff are very helpful, and the students are fun and friendly! I would highly recommend spending as much time here as you can!

amazing

My experience in SLU Madrid so far is amazing. Being a Spanish campus, we receive the American education but with a Spanish type culture. Therefore we have the best of both countries. Also, I love the fact that we have so many different cultures that come together as one.

Semester abroad in Madrid

Overall SLU madrid is a nice American school if you're looking for good classes and academics. It is very Americanized so don't expect to practice much Spanish and the permanent students aren't very friendly to visiting students. However, if you're looking for a semester or year abroad this is a good place. The teachers are great, the campus is beautiful and in a nice part of town, and Madrid is amazing. You can live with either a host family or an apartment, I would not recommend a host family. Don't expect a fully immersed experience, but rather one that feels very comfortable.

Intricately Incredible!

This is an incredible experience! Such a beautiful, sunny city with so many cultural offerings and a diverse society. The Mediterranean lifestyle is dream-like! Beyond wonderful!!
Professors are super qualified and small classes allow for full attention and the full student experience. Definitely an adventure worth having!!

Degree Abroad

I went to SLU Madrid for four years and received a BA with a Double Major in Comm and Psychology. This experience was definitely a memorable one - I don't think there is another program like this in the world that involves so many people from so many backgrounds. I will definitely cherish the memories I have of this place.

Studying in Madrid

My time studying here has been filled with many interesting emotions. I have discovered what I am passionate about and now I know what I would like to do further on after graduating. I am a part of many clubs and organizations, therefore I do not have a lot of free time on my hands, but I enjoy being a part of these clubs. As someone that is not born and raised here, I do experience nostalgia for my home country, but SLU is one big family, so I get over that feeling easily. The academics here are at a very high level and the professors will always help you when you need it.