Woman on a beach Woman on a beach

Journalism Internship Seminars | Cuba | Madrid, Spain

A two week look into a journalist's life

At RGNN I had the opportunity to feel what it is like to be a journalist for two weeks. The first session was an editorial meeting. There, we pitched our story ideas to the other students and to our mentor. Everyone gave us feedback on each idea and gave us tips to write an excellent article. The first week, one article was due (and another optional one). We submitted it and then presented it in front of the class. Again, we received feedback on our article and the mentor sent us our article with notes on it. We had two days to resubmit it (and comments on our optional article) . The next week, we submitted the second article and again discussed it with our peers so we could resubmit it.

Overall, the workshops were very engaging. The mentors were very knowledgeable as they are industry professionals. I personally learned a lot about journalism, specifically about the different career paths a journalist can take. The seminar opened my eyes to new possibilities, as I had previously limited myself to only wanting to be a broadcast reporter.

• ROOSTERGNN Global News Network responded to this review October 14, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Dear Ana,

Thank you for your positive review, we are glad to hear you had a great time at ROOSTERGNN Academy in Madrid, Spain. It has been a pleasure to have you here and we hope to see you again soon!

All the best,
    ROOSTERGNN Academy

My two-week journalism internship seminar in Madrid!

Last summer I had the pleasure to embark on a journalism course at RoosterGNN Academy in Madrid.
I got the amazing opportunity to work in an international environment, surrounded by great people coming from different parts of the word and I also got to interact with some incredible journalists: Martin Roberts and Patricia Rafael Lage.
Martin taught us the three basic rules of journalism: to be quick, clear and concise. We had to rewrite a news by using a short amount of words and that really helped me to improve my writing skills in English.
Patricia Rafael Lage talked about her experience as a fixer in journalism and how crucial it is in news reporting.

Unluckily I didn't get to meet Benjamin Jones, who talked about his work as a foreign correspondent for a wide variety of media. Furthermore, I didn't get to visit El Mundo's newsroom (one of the most important broadsheets in Spain) and El Matadero Madrid, a cultural hub set in the Arganzuela district.

Overall I must admit it was such a great experience. If I could, I would repeat it in a snap of seconds! Spanish people are so nice and kind, the food is amazing, its culture and its landscapes are unique.
Don't miss this opportunity and travel as much as you can: you will expand your horizons.

RoosterGNN organizes a special travel & photojournalism internship in Cuba next December. If you're interested, you should check their websites out to get more info on the program!

• ROOSTERGNN Global News Network responded to this review October 10, 2016 at 1:26 AM

Dear Alessia,

Thank you for your positive review!

We are glad you had a great time at ROOSTERGNN Academy in Madrid, Spain, and that you enjoyed the hands-on feedback on your articles from our Experts and Mentors.

We hope to see you again soon and wish you all the best!

Kind regards,