Cityscape of Rome Cityscape of Rome

Professional Internships in Rome, Italy with RomeSAE

Summer Abroad with Rome SAE

The day after graduation, I flew to Rome to spend a summer interning abroad, and I must say that it was one of, if not the greatest experience I have ever had. Much of that was because of Rome SAE, who made the transition to another culture much easier for me. I must say that I have never been one to enjoy traveling, but now that is all I want to do after my summer abroad.

My apartment was located in a beautiful neighborhood which was walking distance from many everyday locales, such as markets, restaurants, convenience stores, and the train station. I shared my apartment with five other people, two of which attended my university. We would try our best to spend as much time together as possible, usually by cooking dinner at home or exploring the city.

My internship involved working for Student Life at the American University of Rome. Specifically, I would assist students with a variety of things such as culture shock, apartment issues, directions, etc. My superiors really went out of their way to make me feel at home, and I definitely learned a great deal from them. Though my internship would typically only be 4 hours a day, I would be working from non-stop from start to finish.

Italy itself is just something else. The art, the culture, the food, and the landscape is so captivating. If you're not experienced with travel, Rome SAE has tours set up throughout the term, and experienced advisers who are more than happy to help you if you have any questions.

In summary, this experience has made me want to return to Europe as soon as possible. Through this program, I not only improved my resume and work experience, I have made lifelong friends and memories. If you are looking for a abroad program where you will not only improve yourself but have fun doing it, I recommend Rome SAE.

- Kevin Pham