Road2Argentina Header Image Road2Argentina Header Image

Spanish Immersion and Volunteering with Road2Argentina

Sewing Abroad

My friend and I both were looking for a place in South America that we could use our Fashion Design degrees to volunteer and improve the lives of people and communities. Road2Argentina was the first and close to only organization that was more than willing to find a placement for our particular requirements. They exceeded our expectations with housing, accommodations, and activities. They were great at giving us an understanding of Argentine culture which was the perfect jumping off point to immersing ourselves into the culture. Overall we would happily recommend R2A to anyone, it is a great program with great people who will make you feel at home in a new place.

English Teaching Assistant Volunteering

I am almost finished with 4 weeks of assisting with teaching English for 2 to 3 hours a day at a school in Buenos Aires through R2A and my experience has been great! The R2A staff has been wonderful to work with and always helpful if I had any questions. I also decided to take Spanish classes as part of the program and had a good experience with the classes as well. Between R2A and the Expanish school, I feel that I had a nice support network to help me deal with the challenges of being abroad alone.
I booked a homestay through R2A and am happy that I made this choice because it gave me an opportunity to practice Spanish in a safe environment and enabled me to better experience what life is like for those from Buenos Aires (Porteños). Also the homestay was well located in a safe neighborhood.
Overall I enjoyed my experience with Road 2 Argentina and would not hesitate to recommend it to those looking to volunteer in Argentina.

• Road2Argentina responded to this review December 15, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Tosh, We're glad we could be of help for you during your stay with us and make you feel a little more at home. We're also glad to hear that your homestay lived up to your expectations and you were able to practice lots of Spanish there! Good luck in future endeavors and hopefully we'll see you again one day! Saludos, Eden

Life in BA

Overall my experience in Buenos Aires is one that I will never forget. volunteering in the Villas was an incredibly rewarding experience which was complemented by the extensive and fun activities coordinated by Road to Argentina. The program allowed for an indepth appreciation for life in another city rather then just as a traveller, it allowed me to get a feel for what its like to live abroad.

• Road2Argentina responded to this review November 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Annabelle. It was a pleasure to have you and we are glad you found your experience with us so rewarding! - Eden