Road2Argentina Header Image Road2Argentina Header Image

Internship in Buenos Aires + Free Spanish Course

Greatest program in BA!

I was in Buenos Aires for 2 months doing an internship with FIC Argentina, a public health company that does research and raises awareness for chronic illness. The internship was super relevant to my future career in healthcare and allowed me to build my resume and skills for graduate school. The people at FIC were amazing, they made me feel so welcomed and helped me find projects that were relevant to my future plans. I truly loved working for such an amazing company! Road2Argentina was an incredible organization to go through for my experience and I cannot recommend them enough. I traveled to Argentina alone for the first time and it made all the difference to have a program that supported me, showed me around, and made sure all the details of my housing and placement went smoothly so that I could enjoy more of my time here. It was also so nice having an official program to plan events where you can meet other people in the program. It also makes it easier to be away from home when you are a part of a group of people. I only wish I could have stayed longer! Road allowed me to get the most out of my time here with new experiences and new friends that I will never forget.

Adventures in Patagonia

My time with Road2Argentina has been one filled with great people, fun activities, and a number of great experiences. The internship that I was placed in allowed me to improve my Spanish and learn more about working in a small business abroad. The coordinators provided quality, fun events for all of the participants to hang out together and get to know each other. Road creates a very fun atmosphere in order for you to meet people from all over the world that are in the immersion programs but also experience Argentina. The people that you will meet and immersion experiences that are offered will allow you to have a one-in-a-lifetime experience.

Buenos Aires Zoo Internship

I interned with the Condor Conservation Project at the Buenos Aires through Road2Argentina and it was incredible. I didn't except to get so much hands on experience with the animals and their care but I was pretty much a zoo keeper. I learned a ton about conservation and animal care and behavior while at the same time working towards perfecting my Spanish. The workers their were incredibly kind and welcoming and taught me a lot of Spanish- I never felt self conscience about my ability to communicate in another language because they were always very patient with me. Overall I had a wonderful trip and would do it all again in a second.

• Road2Argentina responded to this review November 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM

We're so glad you enjoyed your placement at the zoo and that we surpassed your expectations. Thank you so much for your nice review and please come say hello the next time you are in Buenos Aires! -Eden

Great way to experience Buenos Aires!

I loved doing this program with R2A! I ended up with an awesome internship through Road, and they coordinated an awesome homestay. It was great to have them as a support system. Me and my friends hit a lot of road blocks, and it was nice being able to seek out help from Road whenever we needed help in a situation. Road also coordinates a bunch of awesome events, and introduced us to other foreign students in Buenos Aires. I definitely recommend it!

• Road2Argentina responded to this review November 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Kathy, I'm glad you had such a great time with us. It's very rewarding to hear your comments and I hope you know you will always have friends in BA! Saludos, Eden

The Best

My experience with Road2Argentina was amazing. I have studied abroad before but my time in Buenos Aires was definitely superior. Road was accommodating in every way whether it was a health concern, homestay question, or just questions about the city.

• Road2Argentina responded to this review December 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Hi Sara, Thanks for giving us a great review. It was a real pleasure having you here and good luck back at school! Saludos, Eden

English Teacher

Substitute, tutor, and exam practice for students wanting to learn english and preparing for the cambrige exams in school. very nice school environment and friendly staff and students in a private school, san tarsicio, very close to the hostel.

• Road2Argentina responded to this review November 14, 2014 at 8:28 AM

NM - I'm so glad you had a positive experience with us. Good luck with your English Teaching and don't be a stranger! - Eden

Aventura de Buenos Aires

I had a great experience in Buenos Aires! During my first week, I was convinced that I may never fully find a way to maneuver myself through this seemingly chaotic city. However, with the help of the Road2Argentina staff, many many friendly portenos, and a lot of trial-by-error experiences, I eventually began to sort things out. This city is huge and has lots of interesting areas to explore. I think some of my best memories I have are from when I simply threw on my running shoes and ran around, seeing new parts of the city and often times sitting in a park and simply observing the culture.
My teaching internship was definitely a fun learning experience as well! All the teachers at San Tarsicio were so welcoming and kind, and the students always approached me with an abundance of excitement and curiosity. I really enjoyed witnessing the differences between Argentinian schools and the public school system I attended back in the U.S.
Overall, I loved my experience here. It was everything I hoped for, and many things I hadn't even dreamed of!

• Road2Argentina responded to this review December 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Jules - We're so glad you were able to enjoy your time here and overcome your initial "culture shock". You were a pleasure to have here and we hope you come back again one day! -Eden

Internship in Buenos Aires

Road2Argentina helped arrange my internship and overall it was a good experience. My site was very relaxed and I was able to help out with a lot of translation and maintenance of the organization´s basic materials. I also had the opportunity to meet and network with other organizations in Argentina. The program was very responsive when there were issues and my needs were met with little hassle. Before the program be sure to do as much research as possible into housing, to be sure that you are placed with the option that works best for you. There were many weekly activities (I didn´t choose to attend many) but the ones that I did attend were enjoyable, and free!

• Road2Argentina responded to this review February 11, 2015 at 6:55 AM

El Buitre - Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad you had a positive experience here in Buenos Aires. Enjoy your travels in South America and maybe we'll see you again some day! Saludos, Eden

Leaning In To Discomfort

Living in Buenos Aires is something that is definitely going to push you to your limits. From the very distinct culture to the slower pace of life you will be forced to exist outside of your comfort zone. I learned this rather quickly with my marketing and communications internship at an NGO in Buenos Aires. Before I arrived, I had imagined I would be working 9 to 5, nose to the grindstone, and spending each moment in the office analyzing data and working productively. After two months it is apparent that my preconceived expectations were shattered. While I certainly learned a lot about communications, marketing, and interning in a foreign country, I learned more about myself both as an employee and as an individual. My work at Voluntario Global forced me into tasks that I was not completely comfortable with doing or that I thought I would have success with. Back home, I would balk at such assignments and shift them off to someone else with a proper skill set. However, at my internship, I was constantly forced to lean in to the discomfort of not knowing everything about a project at first but accepting my tasks and learning as I go. I had to break with my very American mindset and embrace the culture as well as the work style, too.
In sum, I am so grateful for the experiences I have had both in Argentina and at my NGO internship. Never before have I been so pushed to my limits and never before have I learned so much. Leaning in to discomfort is something everyone should do as it shatters expectations and makes you grow!

• Road2Argentina responded to this review November 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Thanks for your sincere review, Brooke. I'm glad we were able to help you resolve some initial discomfort and I know you will always look back on this experience as an important one in your life. Hopefully it will be one of the most fond memories too. Good luck with your career and feel free to let us know if you need anything. Saludos, Eden

Intern abroad

I enjoyed Road2Argentina's weekly activities and immersion tips. This way, I could meet other people in the group and form a circle of friends abroad. The staff is really accessible and friendly. Travelling around the country was also easy thanks to their work with HiTravel. I was able to go to Mendoza on a group tour which really added to my experience in Argentina overall.

• Road2Argentina responded to this review November 14, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Hey RoadieGurl! I'm so glad you had a nice time here and it was great to see you take advantage of all our activities. We could always count on you to share a mate. We hope to connect with you again in the future. Saludos, Eden