Red Tree Study participants Red Tree Study participants

Film Internships in Colombia

Phenomenal!

In short, I would say that my experience was absolutely phenomenal. I was fortunate to have a lovely experience at Lulo Films where I was trusted to work on major projects, with clients from the city of Bogota. As a result I felt empowered to learn Adobe Suites for the post-production process. This will help me tremendously in the media industry. Additionally, this internship has been a great opportunity to expand my network to a different continent. The staff at Lulo was kind, supportive and patient. I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed working there. I would highly recommend them in the future.

Furthermore, the Red Tree Staff was more than accommodating. I felt that Ginna, Tom, Amy, and Hannah cared about my well-being and my development throughout my time in Colombia.

I loved my homestay, and the apartment was in the PERFECT location. Close to North and Downtown. Of course it was an added bonus to be less than 5 minutes away from my office at Lulo FIlms.

As mentioned, before my time in Colombia with Red Tree has been amazing, and the highlight was my weekend excursion to the coffee region and beautiful countryside in Salento.

Incredible experience!

My time as an intern for Red Tree Study this summer was such an amazing experience. Not only did I have the opportunity to work alongside a talented group of film students, it also allowed me the chance to discover Colombia; a rich and diverse country that has so much to offer! I helped the students with any queries that might arise during their stay and also facilitated the smooth running of the social calendar. This included many exciting activities which allowed the interns to explore different parts of Colombia and learn more about its culture. Running trips to Villa de Leyva (a touristic colonial town just outside of Bogotá), Salento (the famous coffee region), Soacha (where we hiked to the beautiful waterfall located here), as well as more local museum visits, cinema outings and restaurant meals. This undoubtedly gave the students and I a well-rounded experience during our time in Colombia. By supporting the students during their internships and providing them with a rich social calendar, they had a great work/play balance which allowed them to make the most of their time in Latin America. I would highly recommend this program led by Red Tree Study to other film and media students!

Incredible Colombian Experience

I was able to find an internship in Colombia through the Red Tree Study program. Not only was the program itself amazing, but they also worked very hard to find the best internship for me. Red Tree Study was there as a support system throughout the entire process, taking the group on trips and other excursions. I made great friends and had the opportunity to get to know a wonderful Colombian family though the home stay. The program provided an incredibly immersive experience where I was able to get to know Colombian culture and improve my Spanish skills. Above all, however, I was most pleased with the opportunity to work in the Colombian film industry and learn from hands on experience. Through my internship I was able to interact with many professionals and learn from their expertise and also through my own expereinces of working in a studio. I only stayed for 6 weeks in Colombia but wish I could have stayed for longer.

Top quality

Thank you very much for this great opportunity. I had too much fun and I learned a lot. I worked on communication, script editing, location scouting, subtitle creation, and the film making process in general. Hopefully I can use this internship to obtain a job in the US in film or architecture. I think this program is of top quality and if you ever need help with anything please do not hesitate to ask. Ginna thank you for being so friendly and always helpful! and for making sure we were always safe. Thank you! and hopefully we see each other soon.

Colombia experience

The time I spent in Colombia taught me many things about the industry and revealed many things about myself. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but because if that it helped me bloom into a better professional.

My time with Red Tree in Colombia

Everything was really well done by Red Tree while I was in Colombia, they made sure to keep me safe as well as immersed in the Colombian Culture. Colombia is a beautiful and and vibrant place, going with Red Tree ensures that you will enjoy a lot of the beauty of the city and countryside, the people and the culture as a whole. Understand though that Colombia is a progressing country and while similar in many ways to North America, there are many differences that while sometimes fascinating can be dangerous. Overall I would recommend this program to any person interesting in dipping their toes into the film world, while simultaneously taking a trip to a new place and having the Red Tree team help you along the whole way.

A great way to get experience and see the world

This program is definitely one worth checking into. Having never been out of the country before, I was excited to see somewhere new and more importantly gain experience from working in a production company. I loved my homestay family and appreciated how hard Red Tree worked to not only find a good family for me to stay with that I got along with, but also their dedication to finding the best internship for me. On this trip, there was never a dull moment-between work, work related parties and Red Tree events, I felt like I was always doing something and got a lot out of my six week stay. Red Tree is a great program that showed me a country that I knew very little about and have now come to really appreciate. They worked to make our stay as great as possible, and if there was something anyone wasn't happy about or commented on, it was not ignored but corrected which I found very comforting. I felt very safe in another country with them, and enjoyed my stay.

Tinto Campesino

I recommend Red Tree Study so hard. This experience can definitely be defined as work hard play hard with a nice mix of film internship and social calendar. Flying to Colombia, I had no expectations and I am glad to say that I came out of the 2 months with many memories, new friends and family, and film knowledge.
The program heads take time and care to make sure that each of their members are having a good time and immersing themselves in the culture. For a time, I caught a nasty traveler bug, but with the help and support of the program heads, I survived (lol) and was able to still make time to explore regardless of my illness. I can't thank them enough because after feeling sick, they really helped me get back on my feet and fully take advantage of my time there. Providing a host family, internship in the city, and weekend excursions around Colombia helps make the experience abroad ever more worthwhile.
With a lot of attention on us interns the first week or two, Red Tree really helped in making each of us comfortable to move around and be independent around the city. By the second week, I was walking and taking public transportation all around the city from Usaquen to la Candelaria.
If you do decide to go to Colombia for a film internship, make sure to drink Tinto Campesino because it is my end all be all and take advantage of all the extra activities provided.

Highlights: Hiking up to the highest waterfall in Colombia in a little town of Choachi, attending the BAM Talks (Bogota Audiovisual Market) and meeting a bunch of industry professionals, eating tropical fruits on a hike in the coffee land of Salento, hitting the clubs at Teatron an abandoned Movie Theater converted bar, learning Salsa from my host family, and biking along the Septima (main avenue) Sunday morning.

A grand grand time. Do Colombia and film the Red Tree way :)