New Zealand: Queenstown
Start your degree in Queenstown, the adventure capital of the world... then finish in Canada!
The Diploma of Adventure Tourism Management has been developed in consultation with the pioneers and leaders of the thriving adventure tourism industry in Queenstown. The Diploma blends business management and leadership skills with practical work experience and has a special emphasis on ecotourism.
Graduates can continue onto the Bachelor of Tourism Management at Thompson Rivers University (TRU), Canada's leading specialist in adventure tourism education and training.
The Diploma program is 2 years and includes six months paid work experience (there is an 18 month early completion opportunity if you fulfill the required hours during your internship).
- The Diploma develops the key skills required for successful adventure tourism business management.
- Based in New Zealand's premier tourist resort and the adventure tourism capital of the world, you will learn from current industry practitioners in a small and personal class.
- You'll visit leading businesses and participate in outdoor adventure activities in the mountains, land, air and water.
- Many of the world's most innovative adventure tourism activities were pioneered in Queenstown, including the first commercial bungy operation developed by AJ Hackett (pictured).
- For six months become a fully paid employee of an adventure tourism operator.
- Admin (recreation, Parks)
- Business Admin. & Management
Cost in US$:
Please contact us for current fees
Program Fees Include:
The type of activity varies, depending on when you enroll (e.g. snow sports are available July - September only)
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
- Independent living
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 20
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network