Puentes Abroad Header Image Puentes Abroad Header Image

Engaging Internships in Argentina

My experience with Puentes and Mensajeros de la Paz

During my time in university, going to Buenos Aires was a dream. I am beyond thankful to have found Puentes Abroad to help make my dream come true! Through Puentes, I made many friends, memories, and decisions to step outside of my comfort zone. Puentes organized a beautiful apartment for me to live in while I was in Buenos Aires from September 1st to October 26th. The roommates I had there are some of my best friends now. Puentes also arranged an amazing opportunity for me to become a volunteer through Mensajeros de la Paz AR. Through Mensajeros, I made some amazing friends from all around the world and participated in activities that made a difference in the lives of many. I studied to become a teacher and thanks to Puentes and Mensajeros, I was able to teach English in Buenos Aires to some senior citizens in a Mensajeros day club. What a phenomenal chance that was! Teaching English to adults was not something I had considered while I was in the USA, but Puentes helped me try new things and now I wish to pursue a Master's Degree in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL). Finally, Puentes arranged many different activities in the city for me to participate in during my stay. For example, I had a tango lesson, a resume building workshop, and a mock interview. As an educator, I understand and embrace the importance of professional development, and thankfully Puentes does, too! What a beautiful, memorable, and helpful experience I had because of Puentes. I think of my time in BA every single day and my Spanish is so much better now! Muchas gracias, Puentes!

Puentes Abroad in Buenos Aires, summer 2016

Puentes was incredibly supportive throughout my process of immersion in Argentina. I immediately felt welcomed by the staff and was eased into a whole new world. My internship helped me to understand what I enjoy verses what I don't, so as to help me hone in on a possible career path in the future. I had a lot of worry-free fun this summer as I knew Puentes would take care of me with any problems, but I still enjoyed the freedoms and independence of working abroad. Overall awesome experience!